5 Good Things To Know About Peanut Butter - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > In Depth Nutrition

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 04:24 AM
Link is eating his greens
Light-Heavyweight

Default 5 Good Things To Know About Peanut Butter

Get the full spread on this tasty, protein rich favorite.

1. Everyoneís favorite childhood food can play an important role in an adult diet. Besides boasting a healthy dose of protein, peanut butter is extremely rich in monounsaturated fats, the healthy variety that can prevent heart disease and is less likely to be stored as body fat.

2. Two tablespoons of creamy peanut butter contain 188 calories, 8 grams of protein, 6 grams of carbs and16 grams of fat.

3. The classic PB&J is off-limits except during mass-gain periods (or cheat days) because combining fat and carbs isnít ideal. Itís best to eat peanut butter with low-carb foods. Try another childhood favorite, ants on a log: Spread peanut butter on a celery stalk and sprinkle with a few raisins.

4. Donít even consider buying light or low-fat peanut butter. When manufacturers eliminate the fat, they almost always replace it with more sugar. Do buy natural or organic peanut butter. Many non- organic varieties contain hydrogenated oils (a source of dangerous trans fats) to keep the product from separating.

5. Put peanut butterís good fats to use by eating it with protein before bed to further slow digestion and keep muscle breakdown at bay. We suggest pairing it with 1 cup of low-fat Greek yogurt and topping it with 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds, a great source of polyunsaturated fats.

From M&F
Old 11-30-2012, 05:03 PM
klosey is 51 visitors online right now ! Let's get that number higher!!
Super Moderator

and.... it tastes awesome!!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Ratcat is lifting heavy in less time.
Light-Heavyweight

Peanut butter and yoghurt sounds nice. I must try that. I could take that to work in the esky for a quick smash down between jobs.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:27 AM
Adwerd should change his/her status!
Stranger

thanks for sharing useful info with us. I think you can put the good fat's in peanut butter’s to good use when you eat it with protein before bed. It will help you enhancing your fitness.
USA, 60102-5917
PHONE# (224) 678-9060

Last edited by Adwerd; 02-08-2014 at 10:37 AM.