Big Bear: Cant hold me down forever - Page 90 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 08-22-2012, 03:14 AM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

didn't log last Thursday squats...o well. today was heavy dead lift with cleans rows and shoulders...only thiby I'll post are dl numbers..

deadlift:
495x1
505x1, 2 sets
515x1
520x1, 2 sets..very relatively easy. not sure what my previous best is...butthose last sets were close.ad i was tired from squats yestetday..I'm getting stronger

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

How's everything going?

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 10-05-2012, 05:05 AM
Heavyweight

hey!! thanks for checking in Commander!!! I have been superbusy at school for the Army, and didnt even have a computer...I tried updating from my phone, but it got old..fast!!

I am still running a version of that explosive/heavy hybrid i talked with you about,and seeing great results. I have been slow to up my working weights..but still seeing payoff. I have also added in power cleans..which are awesome!! I am now able to rep 225 from the floor, catch it in a full front squat and fininsh the lift. i have gained weight, but appear slimmer and more defined, my wife says I look wide..which i guess is a good thing!! strenght is going up as well for example

today i pulled 525x1, 5 sets on deads...easily

earlier this week I was able to squat 315x5, 5 sets relatively easily..315 itself isnt much..but the volume was pretty killer!

i have basically ditched traditional bench training..after squatting i go into an upper body cirucit that focuses on usually db bench or explosive bb press with pullups, some abs, pushups, etc..i still press heavy, only once in a whle for variation

some exp squat days i even superset squats with bench and dont set a rep or set limit..i just say i will superset these as much as i can in xxx amount of time...then leave!! haha

so everything is going well!! thanks for asking!!

i will be taking a week off now, time to take the kids on a well deserved summer vacation to Disney World! (summer with me in school and moving sucked for them)

Old 10-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

I am glad things are going to great.

Power cleans are awesome, that is some impressive weight to be cleaning, great job. Most I have cleaned is 200, but I suck at the catch, I don't know how to catch in a full front squat position.

If you have the opportunity, try hang snatchs, pretty awesome as well. They are like a total body exercise if you ask me.

I love the squat/bench superset workout. It feels very effective and takes little time to get in a good workout.

Have fun on vacation!

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 10-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Heavyweight

Yeah, it is effective! Thanks for the to on snatch...i used to incorporate kettle bells, but don't have access any more, those may be a great substitute!!

Old 11-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Heavyweight

normal lifitng...normal lifting, normal lifting..getting stronger, leaner, feels good!

wife went out of town w/ a friend who won tickets to the CMA's, so I am home with the kids...got a good naptime opportunity workout in today

20 minutes total

-50 one arm kettle bell swings(alternating arms)
-20 med ball cleans (20 lb ball)
-10 burpees
-7 pullups (on the swing set!!!)
-50 yard sprint

4 total rounds...felt good..got me energized for the rest of the day!

Old 11-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

I like it! Great use of time/resources.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:35 AM
Heavyweight

holy crap...after my first full week of army PT and lifting double days..I am beat!!! i do have a thought though, and I have noticed this before..why is it that my best lifting workouts come at lunch time, after Ive been beat down by Army PT that same morning!? LOL makes no sense to me

Old 11-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

I have my best lifting at lunch time as well. I think being awake for a few hours prior to the workout is definitely best.

How long do you have between PT and the workout? I can see some benefit in terms of the body being activated, getting blood flow with the early workout. But you also say you are "beat down" which doesn't seem conducive to helping the lunch workout. That is very interesting.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:35 AM
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
I have my best lifting at lunch time as well. I think being awake for a few hours prior to the workout is definitely best.

How long do you have between PT and the workout? I can see some benefit in terms of the body being activated, getting blood flow with the early workout. But you also say you are "beat down" which doesn't seem conducive to helping the lunch workout. That is very interesting.
general fatigue, commander..for instance, the second day I did PT with my new Unit we ran 5 miles..a feat not done by me for quite some time..hahaha..still held my own, actually beat everyone back! I generally have about 3 hrs between workouts, so like you said, my body is probably primed since I am getting a larger breakfast, and there is not enough time for DOMS or anything to set in.