Arian's Rise to Power - Page 36 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 11:33 PM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

Thanks fellas, here is the vid of my 3rd attempts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ePb7...&feature=g-u-u

I had a new program set up but I had to change it immediately. Been working with my dad Monday-Friday which is alot of manual labor. My body gets too beat down to bench 4x a week and squat 3x a week and somehow fit deadlifts in. So I'm cutting down on the frequency and kind of going away from percentages and going more by feel. Hopefully I'll get some gains and be able to hit some new PRs for my next competition which is hopefully October in Tallahassee.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 11-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Since Raw Nationals a lot has changed. I got a job offer out in Tulsa, Oklahoma and moved out there in September. I just did a meet in Oklahoma City this past weekend. Hit a PR in squat and tied my PR in bench but I just missed tying my PR in deadlift and so my total wasn't a PR either.

There was a NPC Bodybuilding show at the same time as the powerlifting competition and I actually ran into Jeremy Loenneke (i'm sure I spelled it wrong) and Chris Fahs. Got to talk to them alittle and it was nice to meet them in person.

I'm still recovering this week but plan to start a new training cycle starting next week and get back to getting strong.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 11-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
Since Raw Nationals a lot has changed. I got a job offer out in Tulsa, Oklahoma and moved out there in September. I just did a meet in Oklahoma City this past weekend. Hit a PR in squat and tied my PR in bench but I just missed tying my PR in deadlift and so my total wasn't a PR either.

There was a NPC Bodybuilding show at the same time as the powerlifting competition and I actually ran into Jeremy Loenneke (i'm sure I spelled it wrong) and Chris Fahs. Got to talk to them alittle and it was nice to meet them in person.

I'm still recovering this week but plan to start a new training cycle starting next week and get back to getting strong.
Congratulations on the job offer.

Are you enjoying the job?

Were either of them (Jeremy or Chris) competing?

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 11-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Congratulations on the job offer.

Are you enjoying the job?

Were either of them (Jeremy or Chris) competing?
Thanks dude.

The job, itself, is fine. It is the idea of working so much that bothers me lol. It leaves me with about 5 hours a day on week days to enjoy myself. And all that time basically goes to eating, taking my dog to the dog park, lifting, eating, and then getting ready for bed.

Nah, they weren't competing. They had some friends who were so they just came for support.

My YouTube Page
Old 11-08-2012, 10:48 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
Thanks dude.

The job, itself, is fine. It is the idea of working so much that bothers me lol. It leaves me with about 5 hours a day on week days to enjoy myself. And all that time basically goes to eating, taking my dog to the dog park, lifting, eating, and then getting ready for bed.

Nah, they weren't competing. They had some friends who were so they just came for support.
Welcome to the world dude!! haha, my biggest adjustment after joining the army when I was 18 came when I should have been on summer vacation..and had to keep going to work! LOL I find (wether moving, and I do that a lot, deployed, or in a different army school) that setting a routine really helps out with adjustment, and time management is a MUST! One other piece of advice, if you will..dont get too caught up on your workouts...get real life things done first, and if you have time then lift..and dont be afraid to abbreviate a workout, results still come!

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
One other piece of advice, if you will..dont get too caught up on your workouts...get real life things done first, and if you have time then lift..and dont be afraid to abbreviate a workout, results still come!
Amen.

For now, that means walking your dog Arian, lol.

Later, maybe a wife and kids.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 11-16-2012, 06:25 AM
greatkeen is getting BIGGER
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Later, maybe a wife and kids.
the world as you know will change after this... it took me good 4 yrs to get myself back on track after marriage. in those 4 yrs, i did workout, but just couldn't keep track of anything.. progression, weights, exercise...nothing not even going to gym 3 days a week.

But it's a phase, we need to go through... family & relationships are more important.... i am sure husbands & fathers would know what i am talking about

Last edited by greatkeen; 11-16-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:02 AM
Light-Heavyweight

What has been going down in 2013:

-My weight, I've cut from 230 to 199 and walk around 205 now.

-Here is my latest competition total from 2013 Raw Nationals http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld-llk0VSkA

-I had 4 friends become National Champions at 2013 Raw Nationals, here are a few of their lifts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyMuNqT36yA

-I took a USAPL coaching course at Raw Nationals and am now a USAPL Club Level Coach. With several of my friends becoming Nationals Champs and possibly being on the USA Worlds team, I've sent a formal letter to the World coaches to try and become an assistant on the team.

-My friend and I are starting up our own strength gym in Boynton Beach, Florida. He will be putting in more time and money into the business but I plan on helping any way I can.

-I will most likely be volunteering for another one of Dr. Zourdos' studies this week and next week at FAU. I get to max out on squat on force plates with emg probes attached to my legs and a tendo unit attached to the bar. Can't get any more awesome than that.

-My friend and I are looking to start up a small, non-profit site with the goal of getting student athletes to powerlifting competitions. At our time at FSU, we realized that competitions can be costly, we don't have alot of money and there aren't many sponsors in powerlifting. So as engineers, we are coming up with some inventions and ideas that we can hopefully sell to people and use all that money to help high school and college kids compete at the local, national and world level in powerlifting.

My YouTube Page
Old 08-26-2013, 01:38 AM
rickck48 is tryin harder!
Middleweight

Default Well done

You guys are amazing. Thank you for your thoughts for others. Man you don't see this enough in America. God Bless. RTR!

Goal: NOT there Yet, But haven't quit either!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 08-26-2013, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds exciting, especially setting up your own gym, let me know how that goes as I would love to do that one day.