Revived - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Announcements, and Introductions > Introductions!

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 04:24 PM
MrZarumba should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Revived

Hello All,

I'm no stranger to the gym but I have found a renewed interest in Bodybuilding. This has been a 2yr process and reset for mind and body. It sarted as an attempt to get in better shape for medical insurance and has evolved into a serious workout program. My gains have been slow and steady and am now reaching for the next rung on the ladder. I am 43 yrs old, 5'9" 215 lbs and 18% BF and into week four of a mass gaining cycle. I never thought I would look at food as, "Oh no is it that time again?"

Diet: totals about 4-5K calories per day. About a 60/40 split of Protein to Carbs.

Workouts: Week one is Heavy (lower reps 4-6) examples are-Day one Chest Flat Bench 4th-5th set (1st set is always light warm-up) with 315 for Incline 185 4th set Day two Shoulders 85-95 dumbell presses 35 front and lateral raises Day three rest Day four Back T-bar 225 Seated cable rows 160 Day 5 Arms Preacher curls a 45 on ea side 100 dumbells seated extension for tris Day six rest Day 7 LEGS (my fav) Pre exhaust with 4 sets of extensions last set is full stack then squats. 5th set is 495 leg press 7 or 8 45s on each side Week two is Light (higher reps)
Theory- Heavy translates to muscle mass, while Light weeks allow my tendons to catch up/rest with mass. Training times vary as either early morning (i.e. 6am) or late evening (i.e. 730pm) this is due to work schedule and family time. My days off from workk usually find me in the gym around 3pm which has always felt like an optimal time for my body.

Replies and thoughts are welcome.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:02 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Welcome to ABC.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever