jogging, losing fat, gaining muscle - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Hardcore Training

Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Ectomorph42 is Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
No problem.

If you are not trolling, then I look forward to your updates.
My knees are aching when i started to jog? how to cure this? I'm only on my second day..

is it already plateau?
Old 09-15-2012, 01:59 PM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectomorph42 View Post
My knees are aching when i started to jog? how to cure this? I'm only on my second day..

is it already plateau?
You can either stop jogging; continue to jog and ice them nightly, or switch to a form of cardio that's less stressful on the knees like a bike. You could also look into supplementing with glucosamine; takes around 2 months to notice a difference, but from my experience it's well worth it.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 09-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Ectomorph42 is Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
You can either stop jogging; continue to jog and ice them nightly, or switch to a form of cardio that's less stressful on the knees like a bike. You could also look into supplementing with glucosamine; takes around 2 months to notice a difference, but from my experience it's well worth it.
i don't like to bike because it will cause hypertrophy in my legs, resulting to have it bigger..

but is the pain in my knee will gone? should I take a day off? or should I continue to jog and it will disappear in time?
Old 09-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
i don't like to bike because it will cause hypertrophy in my legs, resulting to have it bigger..

but is the pain in my knee will gone? should I take a day off? or should I continue to jog and it will disappear in time?
Biking causes hypertrophy in your legs? Where are you getting your information? If that were true then Lance Armstrong and every cyclist from Tour de France would have an incredibly hard time finding a pair of jeans that fit.

If you can tolerate the pain then jog; if not then take some time off.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 09-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Ectomorph42 is Newbie

Quote:
Biking causes hypertrophy in your legs? Where are you getting your information? If that were true then Lance Armstrong and every cyclist from Tour de France would have an incredibly hard time finding a pair of jeans that fit.

If you can tolerate the pain then jog; if not then take some time off.
It is because the muscles from legs are almost all slow twitch I think, and biking can stimulate it because of the repetitions of pedal..(like as if you're doing a leg press)

but is the pain will disappear in time? or not? if I continue to jog?

Last edited by Ectomorph42; 09-15-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
It is because the muscles from legs are almost all slow twitch I think, and biking can stimulate it because of the repetitions of pedal..(like as if you're doing a leg press)

but is the pain will disappear in time? or not? if I continue to jog?
So by your reasoning why wouldn't jogging cause hypertrophy as well? Someone has fed you some bad information; this site has a wealth of knowledge including muscle fiber ratios http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/fiberratios.html.

I can't tell you if the pain will disappear; it may it may not

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 09-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Ectomorph42 is Newbie

Quote:
So by your reasoning why wouldn't jogging cause hypertrophy as well? Someone has fed you some bad information; this site has a wealth of knowledge including muscle fiber ratios http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/fiberratios.html.

I can't tell you if the pain will disappear; it may it may not
I think I may have an arthritis...
Old 09-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Re-read the first page of this thread again, I told you my thoughts on jogging, but here it goes again....the short version.

Jogging sucks.

Why? It hurts your joints and is bad hormonally as well.

Stop jogging, I already told you, you get lean my lifting weights and having a proper diets. NOT BY JOGGING.

But if you really must job, Hardcory gave you information on how to maintain it in your schedule.

Quote:
is it already plateau?
A plateau has nothign to do with pain. A plateau is when you are unable to add reps or weight to your resistance training exercises.

Quote:
You are forgetting several things. First, to cause hypertrophy you must be eating enough to gain weight. If you are eating to lose fat, than your legs are not going to magically get bigger.

Second, hypertrophy doesn't happen overnight, ask anyone on this website (or any other for that matter) who wants to get huge. It TAKES A LONG TIME. You can use the bike as a break for your knees, or even better, you could ditch the cardio all together and do squats and deadlifts.

Quote:
I think I may have an arthritis...
Doubtful, what you are probably feeling are standard aches and pains from:
a) a new activity
b) bad form or...
c) a combination of a and b.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 09-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Wizard24 is mixing up the diet.
Lightweight

Quote:

is it already plateau?
DEFINITELY TROLLING. Please just stop this tread now.
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galations 5:22-23
Old 09-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard24 View Post
DEFINITELY TROLLING. Please just stop this tread now.
I try to give the benefit of the doubt. Many message boards have members who have use English as a second language. Combine poor communication with being a newbie into fitness and some posts are bound to seem like trolling.

Who knows? Maybe I am just too nice. : )

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano