Machine-Like: Time To Get Strong and Defy Gravity - Page 46 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 05-09-2011, 05:03 AM
ElitePL242 is eating.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
I know I haven't posted my journal for a while, but just wanted to give a quick update: I'm currently running P90X (just finished the third week). I will do another round before switching to one week of Insanity and finishing up with Billy Blanks TaeBo. I'm feeling good, abs are starting to come in. I'm sticking with brown rice and oatmeal most days, and broccoli at night. Got to get my biceps right for summer and look jacked...it's beach season.
Don't forget to cycle in some cell-tech and whey protein, but be careful because they're like steroids and can permanently mess up your kidneys.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Old 05-09-2011, 07:54 PM
superbilt is getting stronger than ever
Super-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
I know I haven't posted my journal for a while, but just wanted to give a quick update: I'm currently running P90X (just finished the third week). I will do another round before switching to one week of Insanity and finishing up with Billy Blanks TaeBo. I'm feeling good, abs are starting to come in. I'm sticking with brown rice and oatmeal most days, and broccoli at night. Got to get my biceps right for summer and look jacked...it's beach season.
I envy your discipline. I heard P90x cures cancer and Insanity is so hardcore Chuck Norris could not complete it
Once I stick to the program I am going to get really strong.
NO LIMITS!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ironbilt727
Old 08-16-2012, 01:26 AM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Default Update

Dear ABC Friends,
I realize it has been a very long time since I have lasted posted on the site, but a lot has happened in that time and I wanted to update my ABC friends on things. Also, I have periodically kept in touch with a few of you since I last posted, and I sincerely appreciate and enjoy being in contact.

Over the past year quite a lot has occurred. First I successfully defended my dissertation, "Physiologically Responses to Two Different Models of Daily Undulating Periodization in Trained Powerliters" last March to graduate with my Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology from The Florida State University. I am very grateful to the many people who were instrumental in this process over the years.

Less than a month later I interviewed for and then subsequently was offered and accepted a position as an Assistant Professor of Exercise Science at Florida Atlantic University (FAU). FAU is great institution and I feel honored to be able to conduct research and teach classes at the University. I honestly couldn't imagine a better position to have been offered to me.

The very next week I had the officially graduation ceremony at FSU and the week following that I made a surprise visit to Corpus Christi, TX. to propose to Catherine, my girlfriend of about 4 years, and we got engaged on May 5th. We are very blessed to be getting married in church and under the presence of God in the summer of 2013.

Following that trip I returned to Tallahassee and prepared to move to Boca Raton in south Florida, where FAU is located. Around this time I traveled to San Francisco to present my dissertation at the ACSM conference.

At the end of June I was honored to be invited by Dr. Layne Norton to present at his VIP Bodybuilding Camp alongside Dr. Wilson, Jeremy Loenekke, Ben Esgro, Chris Fahs, and others. I truly enjoyed getting to know these guys better and learn from then. Also, there were so many other great people in attendance, which I have kept in touch with since, really a tremendous experience. My sincere thanks to Dr. Norton for including, and it has been great to stay in touch with him since and discuss different training ideas.

In July, I was fortunate to receive an invite from Mike Tuchscherer to present at his Reactive Training Systems (RTS) Seminar:http://www.reactivetrainingsystems.com This was another amazing opportunity and experience. If you don't know Mike, he is one of the top powerlifters in the world. He recently won USAPL Raw Nationals to qualify for Raw Worlds and won the Bronze Medal at this years Raw Worlds. Also presenting were Matt Gary, Sioux-Z Hartwig-Gary, and Jeremy Hartmann. These are world class lifters and coaches, and great people.

Once I got to Boca Raton, myself and my good friend Jordan (who was the President of our club at FSU and now lives in Boca) rented a 10X10 storage unit to train in since we no longer have our lab at FSU (although I'm in the process of building one at FAU). We trained in there for USAPL Raw Nationals. I competed at Nationals in the 165lb. class and weighed in at 162.7 that day. I also was honored to compete as a member of Team SSPT. I went 8 for 9 at the meet and qualified to competed at the Pro Raw Meet at the Arnold Classic, Jordan qualified as well. To qualify you needed a 390 wilks coefficient, and I ended up with a 392. Arian also had an excellent 9 for 9 day at Raw Nationals (he has never missed a lift in competition).

Now, I began a new training block and it is going well so far. Things are just getting started here at FAU. I have lots of research to get started and classes to teach, as well as manuscripts I'm currently working on to get published.

Previously I did what we now call "Constitution" Training, which is max squatting everyday with volume following the max...and saw amazing results, my squat increased from 440 to 495 in 49 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1KXD...1&feature=plcp
Just realize, that it is the most miserable thing of all-time though. My body weight was around 165. I preceded to max squat for up to 73 consecutive days.

I will be moving between DUP and Constitution training, depending where I am in meet preparation, my DUP designs have been continually undergoing adjustments and improvements as my research reveals new progressions.

Also, I have been getting quite a few requests for training programs, therefore, i have been offering private powerlifting and bodybuilding program design and coaching and online consultation and will be launching a website soon. Until the website is up, just contact me if you are interested, but only if you are serious about getting bigger and stronger.

Well, I guess that's about it. I always enjoyed being part of this community, so just wanted to share what has been going on. I'm definitely not proofreading any of it, so I have no idea if there are misspellings or if it even makes any sense. As you go about your day, just remember what happened on Jekyll Island in 1910.
Keep It Constitutional,
Mike Z.
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Old 08-16-2012, 01:55 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Great to hear from; much congrats on all your accomplishments and engagement. I've heard good things about DUP; I definitely want to try it out so you'll be hearing from me.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 08-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Wow, I am such an idiot, I was just in Pompano Beach with my wife and kids on vacation August 3rd to the 10th. Boca Raton is just a few minutes away, I could have ate lunch or trained with you. Sorry I am stupid.

Anyway, exciting new updates! Thanks for taking the time to post it. It is great to hear from you again.

Congratulations on the wedding.

One question, you had a garage gym before, did you move to a place where you have room to set up your equipment again?

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 08-24-2012, 03:57 PM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Great to hear from; much congrats on all your accomplishments and engagement. I've heard good things about DUP; I definitely want to try it out so you'll be hearing from me.
Thanks brother, look forward to continuing our email conversation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Wow, I am such an idiot, I was just in Pompano Beach with my wife and kids on vacation August 3rd to the 10th. Boca Raton is just a few minutes away, I could have ate lunch or trained with you. Sorry I am stupid.
Dude, that is so close. But, actually I wasn't even in town then. Raw Nationals was in Killeen Texas on August 3rd which is only a few hours away from Corpus Christi where Catherine is...so I spent the week out there with here because I still had another week until work began. But, if you guys vacation down here again, definitely let me know in advance and we will meet up and hopefully get some training in.
Anyway, exciting new updates! Thanks for taking the time to post it. It is great to hear from you again.

Congratulations on the wedding.
Thanks dude, really appreciate your congrats.
One question, you had a garage gym before, did you move to a place where you have room to set up your equipment again?
Yes sir. The long term goal is to build a training lab here at FAU like we did at FSU. And this lab will serve for research as well as training...this may take a little while, but the process has already begun. But, for the time being, my buddy and I rented a 10X10 storage unit and put my equipment in there, so we are training there. It's pretty awesome, I am enjoying it. On a DUP volume block right now (about to finish week 2), then will likely run an intensity block before moving back to the Constitution.
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter