Diet Help... - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > In Depth Nutrition

Notices

Old 05-22-2012, 06:10 PM
mattbju2013 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Diet Help...

Hey all, I'm currently a student in College, and i was wondering what you guys think i should do when the meal menus restrict me to what i can eat... There is always fruit, salad, and cereal.. what would you guys do?
Also, at home, since I'm still living w/ my parents until i graduate, my mom graciously makes meals for my family, what should i do to get the proper nutrition?
Old 05-23-2012, 02:26 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbju2013 View Post
Hey all, I'm currently a student in College, and i was wondering what you guys think i should do when the meal menus restrict me to what i can eat... There is always fruit, salad, and cereal.. what would you guys do?
Also, at home, since I'm still living w/ my parents until i graduate, my mom graciously makes meals for my family, what should i do to get the proper nutrition?
When I was on the road for wrestling for a few days I'd always try to plan ahead and pack my meals. Occasionally I'd find myself at a restaurant I was always able to cater the menu to my needs. They may get irritated when you order an egg white omelet, but who really cares you're paying for it.

As far as at home what kind of stuff is your mother cooking?
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 05-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

This should be easy, just focus on protein and veggies first and let the starches fall in place after that.

Surely the college has chicken or beef available?

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 05-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Charles Izzo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I wouldn't worry about it so much. Just eat what ever you want when ever you want. And then just do what you have to do to keep the fat off.

If you have a few lbs to lose, that means its time to start skipping breakfast. Also, when you do eat, as mentioned previously, opt for the foods that are higher in bulk and lower in calories such as fruits and vegetables first. Stick to leaner meats most of the time if you can. And shy away from real sugary foods, breads, and drinking your calories, because it makes it way too easy to overeat.

Other than that, you should be fine.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:16 PM
mattbju2013 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Thanks Guys!
Right now my mom cooks lots of pasta. Salad is common and home grown beef/chicken/turkey is common as well. (i live on a dairy farm)
Eggs for breakfast almost every day....
Old 05-30-2012, 01:36 AM
AndyMcInroy should change his/her status!
Stranger

Protein: Seafood (Salmon, Haddock, Tilapia, Tuna, etc.), extra lean beef (steak, roast beef, hamburger, etc.), chicken, turkey, eggs, egg whites, whey protein powders, casein protein powders, Plain Greek Yogurt (can be flavored with whey).

Carbohydrates: Sweet Potato, Yams, Ezekiel Bread, Brown Rice, Quinoa, Wheat Free / Gluten Free Oats

Dietary Fats: Salmon Oil Pills (Omega-3s), Avocados, Pistachios, Almonds, All Natural Peanut Butter, Almond Butter, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Flax Seed Oil.

*Note*: Make your carbs gluten free as this will greatly enhance your physique and also make you feel better. Strategically eat your fruits at breakfast and post-workout for greater uptake of the sugars into muscles. Eat the veggies whenever.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Charles Izzo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Thanks Guys!
Right now my mom cooks lots of pasta. Salad is common and home grown beef/chicken/turkey is common as well. (i live on a dairy farm)
Eggs for breakfast almost every day....
Good! I would say just stick to simplicity. That's what the naturally skinny and naturally lean people do. The only difference is that the naturally lean guy lifts weights or what ever.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:16 AM
EdwardFrank should change his/her status!
Stranger

Unfortunately, there is no secret pill, potion or crazy diet that is going to help you lose weight. The one method that has been tested and proven time and time again is portion control.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:26 PM
drhunter is bulking up.

i use a calorie counting app. So no matter what I eat, I can get an idea of how much (portion control) and to see any obvious gaps. Some veggies like spinach have small amounts of protein, for example, so you can have some if you are low on protein. Helps you know over time how your doing as well. I use the Nutrition app for iphone.

Hunter

Quote:
Old 03-15-2013, 06:09 AM
Leonard should change his/her status!
Stranger

Well If you have a some lbs to lose that means, its a chance to start missing lunch. Also when you do eat, as stated earlier opt for the meals, that are higher in bulk and reduced in calorie consumption such as fruits and vegetables and veggies first.
USA, 60102-5917
PHONE# (224) 678-9060

Last edited by Leonard; 02-01-2014 at 09:37 AM.