Wings...I want them - Page 4 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Hardcore Training

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 09:38 AM
greatkeen is getting BIGGER
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelzybuff View Post
deadlifts are one of the key compound pulls that stimulate the CNS and releases the most GH. therefore, its essentialiif ya wanna put on any mass .
I thought i had explained my point pretty clear. please read again...there were more posts by me in this same thread regarding this point.

[/quote]
for lats, the actions are abduction and extension of the humerus. so it does matter HOW you do ur pull ups. though i would like to know,wad is the ave volume of ya workout? in terms of sets and reps.
i am not sure abt how much volume should be incorporated.it would be great to know.cheers. nice lats.[/quote]

well actually i got 2 approaches to pullups. at times i simply aim for 50 reps with as low of rest & sets possible..eg: first go may be 8reps, rest 10 sec 8 more reps..rest 10 sec so on.

2nd approach is simple weighted pullups/chins for the conventional 3-4sets of 6-8 reps.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:28 AM
ecko31s is officially in full beast mode again
Bantamweight

Focus on pull-ups. Use different grips such as wide overhand, medium overhand, close grip over hand, medium underhand, close grip under hand, neutral grip with your palms facing. Also switch up the rep speed such as slow reps or fast reps. You can add weight or do pure negatives when you can perform any more positive reps. Using these different techniques allowed me to be able to perform 52 pull-ups non-stop and I can get about 12 good reps with three 45lb plates hanging from a belt. Negatives are really effective when you can only perform a few pull-ups at a time. Recently I've added a intense routine I do. Basically I perform 10 sets of 10 reps with only 20-30 seconds of rest inbetween each set. Even though I can perform more than 10 reps, I only do 10 on each set. With the short rest periods, by the time I get to the 10th set, I actually have to give it everything Iv'e got to reach the 10th rep. My lats get full of blood and are on fire when I do this routine. 10 second negative for as many reps as possible are really intense also. The variations of pull-ups you can do are limitless, well at least for me.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:35 AM
greatkeen is getting BIGGER
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko31s View Post
Focus on pull-ups. Use different grips such as wide overhand, medium overhand, close grip over hand, medium underhand, close grip under hand, neutral grip with your palms facing. Also switch up the rep speed such as slow reps or fast reps. You can add weight or do pure negatives when you can perform any more positive reps. Using these different techniques allowed me to be able to perform 52 pull-ups non-stop and I can get about 12 good reps with three 45lb plates hanging from a belt. Negatives are really effective when you can only perform a few pull-ups at a time. Recently I've added a intense routine I do. Basically I perform 10 sets of 10 reps with only 20-30 seconds of rest inbetween each set. Even though I can perform more than 10 reps, I only do 10 on each set. With the short rest periods, by the time I get to the 10th set, I actually have to give it everything Iv'e got to reach the 10th rep. My lats get full of blood and are on fire when I do this routine. 10 second negative for as many reps as possible are really intense also. The variations of pull-ups you can do are limitless, well at least for me.
Thanks man for seconding my take on pullups. your back clearly shows the wonder pullups do for lats..

and i i too have tried this 10 reps for 10 sets of pullups with 30sec rest..its really a killer...a must do for any one who thinks his lat growth is limited by genetics..

and 52 pullups straight? despite my bestest efforts & focus on pulls max i can still do is 19-20. great going man.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:32 PM
ecko31s is officially in full beast mode again
Bantamweight

Thanks man, If you haven't already try to start add weight to your pull-ups which will build your strength up so you can do more body weight pull-ups. You can even start with just ten pounds or so and add a few pounds each week. Also try to shoot for like one more rep each week on the body weight pull ups. It can be as simple as rest for 5-10 seconds before trying one more. Or you can add a few negatives after you hit failure. Just step on a bench a jump up to the top and slowy fight your way down to the bottom. I almost forgot to mention than when you can't do any more body weight pull ups you can jump on a pull down machine add countinue to rep out til failure, then drop to a lower weight and continue etc. I love pull ups, so I kinda get carried away when talking about them.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:13 PM
fargs is cutting hard
Stranger

The help has been awesome guys. I have noticed a difference in my endurance and strength big time!! The wings are well on there way!
Old 03-09-2012, 04:13 PM
dannyjerome0 should change his/her status!

Ever try static holds on wide grip pull-ups? After you goto failure on that exercise, jump up to get to the top portion, and hold there for as long as possible. There's a reason why gymnasts are so huge without lifting much weight. STATIC HOLDS
Height: 5'7"
Estimated body fat: 10%
Current fitness goal: Bulking