recover faster? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > In Depth Nutrition

Notices

Old 05-02-2011, 11:36 AM
TheMafia should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default recover faster?

I currently train 7 days a week

I do kickboxing, Jujitsu, krav maga and lift weights 4 days. I am wondering if there are supplements i can take to make me recover quicker.

I have done a few searches on this forum and am i right in thinking i should get some ZMA and L-Glutamine? Any help is greatly appreciated

thanks
Old 05-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Jinx5000 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

a good diet and sufficient rest will be the most important thing.

If you can re-fuel your body and give it a good rest period to recover and rebuild every night that should do wonders.

Sounds like you're beating yourself up pretty hard so glutamine pre/post workout and ZMA pre bed may help with some soreness as well.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:19 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Diet, rest as above... Glutamine.. down to choice everyone uses glutamine differently.. the stomach lining can use 40g before muscles ever get it so its down to trial and error... try it.. may work great
Old 06-04-2011, 05:31 PM
TheMafia should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Thanks guys
Old 06-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Charles Izzo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Personally I have found that working out less has worked A LOT better for recovery. And in doing it that way I have been able to get stronger on almost every workout for 12 weeks so far. And this is all happening without wearing myself out. Sure, the workouts are brutally hard and I typically feel taxed after, but the rest of the week I feel fresh. I used to have aches and pains all over, but that is long gone history since changing my routine.

When you train less you won't be beating your body down as hard so statistically there will be less injuries. And you will have more recovery time for your muscles to grow. You will also feel fresher and ready to workout hard when you do. And that is the most important part of successful training. You can do all the volume you want, but if you don't work hard none of it will do you any good. On the contrary if you work brutally hard you will get the results, especially if you give yourself enough rest, and you'll probably need it. Hard work is necessary for results. Without it you might as well sit on the sofa eating potato chips.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:25 PM
redbill73 should change his/her status!

Just make sure you are getting stronger. If the weight and reps aren't increasing it's a sure sign of overtraining.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:12 AM
jannet should change his/her status!

I think you can do it by proper diet and nutrition , just take some rest and work on it...
Old 02-26-2012, 05:52 AM
schm1840 is prepping for oct 22
Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbill73 View Post
Just make sure you are getting stronger. If the weight and reps aren't increasing it's a sure sign of overtraining.
or that simply the routine needs a different approach. example, hitting plateau with deadlifts . . switch to deficit deadlifts, good mornings or rack pulls depending on where you sticking.