Muscletech Neurocore - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Supplement Reviews

Notices

Old 01-19-2012, 03:31 AM
DanOratioXP should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Muscletech Neurocore

So i ventured into vitamin shoppe a few weeks ago in search of a new pre-workout. I'm somewhat against nitric oxide supplementation since its lasting effects and benefits seem to be controversial. I asked a sales rep what he considered to be the best pre-workout that doesnt contain nitric oxide. His answer was "If there's no nitric oxide, what's the point?". I wanted to explain that nitric oxide is in no way a groundbreaking bodybuilding innovation (certainly not on the level of creatine anyway) but I didn't want to get into a debate. I was led into an aisle that promised me MIND BLOWING PUMPS and ROAD MAP VASCULARITY but was filled with "protietary blends",caffeine, and meager amounts of beta, creatine, and aminos. Finally I found neurocore, which seemed to have replaced the arginine with L-Citrulline, which apprently is a superior nitric pre-cursor. Here is a link with supplementation facts from bodybuilding.com http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mt/neurocore.html

My review? A few weeks in and I am noticing signifact gains in mass and strength. I am also supplementing with CONCRETE creatine, which is a HCL version. It should be noted that I am on a mass routine, and am eating accordingly. I am up 8 pounds in the past month (most likely due to water retention and massive leg growth). So the effects of this supplement on my gains is kind of inconclusive since there are so many other factors such as the workouts, diet, and creatine supplementation.

As far as how I FEEL during my workouts, I have no complaints. I do not get that Beta rush (which sometimes borders uncomfortable) that I would get with BETA NOX or C4. I feel more steady and focused than anything else, with no crash afterwards. I usually take 2 servings, which has 220 mg caffeine, 2 g creatine HCL, 2 g L-citrulline, about 2 g beta, 354 mg geranium, and a bunch of other stuff I doubt does much of anything (exact ingredients in link). I had to dose my creatine accordingly to this pre-workout.

The main pro's I've encountered are increased focus (maybe the geranium?) and strength recovery between sets. I shy away from ever pushing 2 servings in fear of the caffeine's catabolic effect. Once again, I do not get the crash accompanied with some other supplements (I've probably tried every single mainstream pre-workout). The pump is nice but alters depending on my MACROS and what time of day I hit the gym, so once again I can't give an exact review on this aspect.

One thing I will say is that I do not get that cloudy, loopy feeling I sometimes encounter with products packed with beta or arginine. Or jack3d. I tend to power through my harder workouts (such as strength chest or legs) which can sometimes be up to 90 minutes long.

I personally give it a 7.5/10. It's not AMAZING, but for the price (i picked up at $25) and convenience of having everything packed into one blend (as opposed to buying ingredients seperate and mixing) I am satisfied. I would love to hear comments from anyone who has used it or perhaps is a little more experienced than I.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:06 PM
klosey is 51 visitors online right now ! Let's get that number higher!!
Super Moderator

sorry but a preworkout doesnt give size and strength its purely for focus, energy and some fat loss
Old 02-07-2012, 02:05 AM
DanOratioXP should change his/her status!
Stranger

i agree. but the container states that NEUROCORE will improve both size and strength. now im not in any sort of science field so i'm not gonna sit here and say it DOESN'T add size and boost strength, however my entire second paragraph explains that any gains I have seen in those areas are most likely due to my diet and workouts (as well as creatine supplementation).
Old 02-08-2012, 08:53 AM
klosey is 51 visitors online right now ! Let's get that number higher!!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanOratioXP View Post
i agree. but the container states that NEUROCORE will improve both size and strength. now im not in any sort of science field so i'm not gonna sit here and say it DOESN'T add size and boost strength, however my entire second paragraph explains that any gains I have seen in those areas are most likely due to my diet and workouts (as well as creatine supplementation).
you dont need to be..a supplement like this wont directly add anything other than focus, maybe pump... although i think its a vascular-restricting supplement :/ diet is the main thing

plus remember this is muscletech... they used to claim 6 weeks of celltech would make you add 20lb of muscle :/