Little protein because of little food? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > In Depth Nutrition

Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 05:30 PM
SkaterBro is sllllooowwwly bulking

Question Little protein because of little food?

I'm starting to bulk right now and I was wondering because I'm only eating 2000 calories at this point: is it a problem or the usual that I'm only getting 150 grams of protein. If it is, the only other way for ME to get more protein would be to add more calories. How bad is it to add alot of calories at once?

Journal
6'5"
180 7% BF
Old 02-06-2012, 08:59 AM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaterBro View Post
I'm starting to bulk right now and I was wondering because I'm only eating 2000 calories at this point: is it a problem or the usual that I'm only getting 150 grams of protein. If it is, the only other way for ME to get more protein would be to add more calories. How bad is it to add alot of calories at once?
:/ 2000cal? seriously? thats less then they recommend as your RDA when doing no exercise :/
Old 02-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Wizard24 is mixing up the diet.
Lightweight

If you are starting a bulk then adding calories to get more protein is not really an issue. I would caution against adding "a lot" of calories at once. Bump them up a little at a time if you want to remain fairly lean while bulking. Also as has been pointed out by Venom and others, the total grams of protein ingested is not as important as the amount of luecine in that protein and the timing of consuming it. Try to shoot for 2.5-3 grams per meal.
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galations 5:22-23
Old 02-06-2012, 06:12 PM
SkaterBro is sllllooowwwly bulking

Yeh I'm adding 250 cals/month I think I should bump it up to 500 for a lb/week increase.
Back in 07 when I used to lift I had this leucine supplement, it was silky and silvery, trippy lookin stuff. I think I'll try and add that up again. Thanks for the input.

Journal
6'5"
180 7% BF
Old 02-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Wizard summed it up nicely on protein.

I would not focus so much on adding calories to add them. Base it on your results in the weight room, and if you feel you lack in energy or are hitting a plateau, then add a couple hundred calories from carbs and fats weekly until you get the desired effect.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.