St. Louis Cardinals - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 03:47 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Default St. Louis Cardinals

What a crazy season it has been, felt like I was close to having a heart attack several times, but a great end to the season.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 10-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Congrats on your team man! was an insane series!

Enjoy it, because next year the giants are coming back!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Gabe, as far as next year goes we'll see about that. Oh and congrats on becoming Dr. Wilson.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 01-29-2012, 02:50 AM

What do you think about your teams off season so far? The "post pujols era"?

I'm not happy about the giants, going all the way back to our aweful zach wheeler for Beltran trade...our hitting is going to be suspect again...

Personally, I think the cards will be fine without pujols. Especially if wainwright and carp are healthy...
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

I think if everyone stays healthy the Cardinals have a good chance of winning the central. They have still yet to have a full season of David Freese thus far, as seen in the playoffs he's a difference maker. I can see Beltran having a comeback season much like Berkman had last season. There's rumors swirling that we are about to sign Roy Oswalt, so with him and Wainwright our pitching staff will be much improved from last season. I'm hoping for good things obviously.

As far as the Giants go, they haven't had an elite hitter in the lineup since Barry Bonds retired. Since then they've only really invested serious money in their pitching and neglected their bats. From what I've heard they sold out every game at AT&T last season so they have the money to spend, why they didn't look at Pujols and Fielder is beyond my comprehension. Somehow they believe guys like Cabrera, Pagan and Theriot are the answers to their problems. As far as their trade last season I was shaking my head, everyone at my work was excited. Why give up your number one prospect for a guy who will play a couple months and odds are likely he will sign with another team. Then when they didn't make the playoffs it just further revealed how bad of a move it was. Now you got me on a rant, I better stop because I could go all night.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 01-29-2012, 06:12 AM

I think the cards will be fine. They have much better pitching if you add oswalt / wainwright. And you got several very solid bats. I really can't judge how the absense of pujols will effect your lineup though, guess we'll find out!

Yeah, that trade was one of our worst ever for the giants. Only time will tell just how bad it was, depending on how Zach matures...

Yes, this off season was baffling. We have two good prospects at first base, so I can semi see not getting pujols / fielder. I was actually most disappointing at our lack of effort to obtain a quality shortstop, where we have zero prospects (except for a few scrubs that can't hit). Particularly, jose reyes signed a really reasonable contract (considering todays contracts). He could have filled a massive whole for us...

Obviously the giants pitching is still fantastic. But it is really a shame we can't surround lincecum, cain, etc. with some good hitting. Realistically, I don't think the giants will contend again until 2013, but we'll see...if we somehow make the playoffs, we are always a threat.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 01-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

From my recollection there were only supposed to be two big free agent bats after the 2012 season and they were Matt Kemp who already been locked up by the Dodgers and Hamilton who will probably be locked up before the regular season. So your timeline may be right, unless they make another bold trade that ends up working out.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 01-29-2012, 06:34 PM

hmmm, that does not sound great...

I rather not make more trades...we need to build up our farm system. That is how we won the world series...timmy, cain, bum, and sanchez (who we unfortunately traded), brian wilson, etc. were all home grown. This is another reason why I was so pissed we traded zach!!

The only person that kind of stands out to me is getting hansely ramirez. Not sure how happy he is moving to third. But again, we'd have to sell the farm to do that, and I would prefer not too!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 01-31-2012, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator

The initial reports that came out were saying that Hanley was against moving to third and then there was talks of him being traded, but since then it looks as if he's embracing the move, so he'll probably remain in Miami for the time being. I wouldn't trade for him if I were the Giants though, they'd have to give up too much for him.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 01-31-2012, 04:59 AM

Agreed. On paper, the giants lineup flat out sucks...I am hoping to get some pleasant suprises...
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies