Commanding My Body - Page 175 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 12-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Well I wish I could say I went "underground" and was busy with new hardcore methods getting ripped for the last 10 days, but no, just sick.

I usually workout straight through my colds. It takes something more serious (usually involving vomiting, lol) to stop training. Especially to stop it for multiple sessions. But this cold started out deceptively weak and grew into a monster.

A sore throat on Friday and Saturday became whole body aches and exhaustion from Sunday afternoon until Wednesday morning. I had night sweats Tuesday Night to Wednesday morning and that seemed to break the ache somehow. Wednesday was on and off headache and congestion building up. Spent Thursday through Saturday hacking up small Martian colonies (ugly green stuff) and Sunday I finally seemed better. Didn't wake up hacking once on Sunday Night to Monday morning.

Monday

HFS 4x5

Squat 250
Bench 205x4, 190 (3x5)
Deadlift 336x5, 306 (3x5)

Stamina was not there, still congested in my chest and I have no wind. I normally do active rest exercises and do 4 sets of OH press, just didn't have the work capacity or the time to do that.

I didn't look at my journal and didn't know exactly what was planned for this workout. Should have done 245 on squat, so 250 was actually higher than planned and felt great. Bench was supposed to be 210, but that felt HEAVY. Deadlift was supposed to be 331, so I accidentally did 5 pounds more the first set, it wasn't heavy like the bench, I just was running out of steam already.

All in all, I will take it for the first workout since December 1st.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, started off the diet with a bang. I weigh 192 after dropping about 8 pounds during my sickness, just didn't have the appetite.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 12-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

Previous Diet:
5954, 233, 644, 325 (calories, fat, carbs, protein)

Current Diet:
4587, 153, 510, 295

However those numbers are pulled off of my excel spreadsheet and reflect if I get to work out twice, which used to be often, but now is almost non-existent.

Minus 582, 6, 72, 60 to get proper totals based on one workout.

Basically, I was eating 5400 calories and now am starting my diet at 4000.

Countdown:
129 days to the show
122 days to the final week prep
108 days to get as ripped as I need/want to be.

I will be using the 108 day figure to stay focused.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights

Last edited by Commander; 12-13-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

108 days to get rid of this fat

Tuesday

HFS 4x5

Squat 220
Bench 190
Deadlift 306
OH Press 110

Active Rest:
DB Curl
Stiff Arm Band Lat Pulldown

Whew! Superwinded, body still fighting off some residual sickness and chest congestion.

------

A few days ago, when I was still sick as a dog, my wife showed me a picture of myself from August when we were on vacation. I was lean and big. It was really depressing.

Right then and there, I felt like giving up. I felt like I was spinning my wheels. I made some changes after August to accomodate the fact that I was walking the dog every morning (because my wife hurt her foot on vacation) and no longer training in the AM. As a result, the September to November period of training was not as productive as I'd like.

Well, I shouldn't say that, the training continued to go well, but the mass gain did not. I really feel that I put on mostly fat the last 3 months due to dietary changes I made. Especially after looking at the picture from August. Seriously, it looked as if I hadn't put on any fat at that point. So when my wife showed me the picture, I felt fat, and of course, really sick. I thought, "What is the point?" I am spending tons on groceries, whey, and BCAA's and for what? A puny local bodybuilding contest?!?

Go back a few months and I was trying to figure out what to pose to. After having thought I'd picked out my song, I realized it was utter crap and I couldn't pose to it. I needed to pick something God honoring. As HardCory frequently reminds me by his posts, God is what gives me the ability and drive to do what I do. The culmination of all of this work needs to be an offering to him. So I chose a song which I believe will honor him and be tons of fun to pose to.

Realizing that I have invited lots of people to the show and that I am doing it for God, gave me the strength to continue. I wouldn't ever quit training, but I was close to giving up on the prep which is so much more involved. I only admit this to further motivate me. I am not proud of my moment of contemplating quitting. I don't want to be a quitter. I also thought about how that might make my wife and children think of me. I don't want them to view their father as someone how doesn't follow through on things. My oldest son especially doesn't need to see that as he is already not a very motivated person. If his dad quits, it will just give him an excuse to quit when the going gets tough.

Not giving up, 129 days until I step on stage and honor God.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Wizard24 is mixing up the diet.
Lightweight

Donít beat yourself up for your momentary lapse. What you have embarked on is a long arduous journey. We all have done things that are hard or taxing and all have considered quitting at one time or another. Anyone who says that they havenít is just plain lying. Not many, however, after contemplating it, refuse to quit. That is what shows true strength and that is what you can draw on for motivation. Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

ďI never said that it would be easy, only that it would be worth it.Ē
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galations 5:22-23
Old 12-14-2011, 12:55 AM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

Very insightful post. I know you would never quit, don't be ashamed. When I feel run down, I just say "you never get where you are going by talking about it".

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 12-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard24 View Post
Donít beat yourself up for your momentary lapse.
I will not. I will learn from it, both the lapse and the actions that led up to the lapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard24 View Post
What you have embarked on is a long arduous journey. We all have done things that are hard or taxing and all have considered quitting at one time or another. Anyone who says that they havenít is just plain lying. Not many, however, after contemplating it, refuse to quit. That is what shows true strength and that is what you can draw on for motivation. Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

ďI never said that it would be easy, only that it would be worth it.Ē
Thanks for your words and as always for following along.

I will bring my best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
Very insightful post. I know you would never quit, don't be ashamed. When I feel run down, I just say "you never get where you are going by talking about it".
Thanks bigbear, I try to share as much as I can with you guys, otherwise, it just gets boring for me logging weights day after day. Granted, it may be long periods without any insights, but when they come, I try to share.

I like your attitude.

Here's to one more workout done, one more closer to the show. 107 Days.

Wednedsay

HFS 4x5

Normally Wednesday is heavy bench day. But I don't feel it is appropriate to go heavy on bench yet. It would be counter productive right now, maybe next week.

Squat 220
Bench 190
Deadlift 306
OH Press 110

Active Rest:
Band Face Pulls

Work capacity increasing, much less winded today. Almost phlegm free, just hacking up small bits every now and then (aren't you glad I give you all the gorey details? )

Really nice soreness in the lats from yesterdays stiff arm pulldowns. Hit traps/delts nicely today with many sets of face pulls.

Last Night

Arms/Delts/Abs light isolation work

Old 12-15-2011, 04:26 PM
misterjaydubyoo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Its normal to feel like that sometimes, I can definitely relate. Good job on re-motivating yourself. Its odd, I have started my cut as well, and also have a similar timeframe. However, you are going above and beyond what I am, I am just getting ripped for my honeymoon.

Keep up the good work man....unbelieveable calorie total for a cut!!!

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...urrent=445.mp4
Old 12-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaydubyoo View Post
Its normal to feel like that sometimes, I can definitely relate. Good job on re-motivating yourself. Its odd, I have started my cut as well, and also have a similar timeframe. However, you are going above and beyond what I am, I am just getting ripped for my honeymoon.
Thanks, good to have you following along.

I hope you get ripped, when is your honeymoon and where are you going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaydubyoo View Post
Keep up the good work man....unbelieveable calorie total for a cut!!!
I believe in keeping it as high as possible for as long as possible, only cutting down when the fat loss stalls.

However, it will be trickly starting off because I am gaining weight right now due to rebounding from the sickness. Had I not gotten sick and I just switched from 5400 to 4000 calories, I would be losing weight as planned. But instead I went from 5400 to probably 1500 when I was sick to 4000 now that I am better, so naturally I am filling out with some water weight. I may just implement a few smaller decreases in carbs/calories after my weight stabilizes.

------

Thursday - 106 days

HFS 3x5

Squat 225
Bench 195
Deadlift 311
OH Press 115

Shrug - 1 second hold at peak contraction, great stretch as well
240x10, 3 sets

Active Rest:
Ring L-holds
DB Curl

Old 12-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Friday - 105 days

HFS 4x5

Squat 250
Bench 210
Deadlift 331
OH Press 122.5

Felt great, less winded. Numbers are where they should have been on Monday's session.

Active Rest:
DB Curl
Stiff Arm Band Lat Pulldown
Chinups

Old 12-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Saturday -

Worked on rings, I didn't do the actual moves but did a progression (read - easier version) on each.

6 sets, hold each position roughly 10 seconds for approximately 1 minute each total.

Progression to Back Lever, Maltese Cross, Iron Cross and Front Lever

Prior to the ring work I warmed up with pushups, chinups and BW squats.

Monday - 102 days

HFS 4x5

Squat 252.5
Bench 212.5
Deadlift 333.3
OH Press 125

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength