Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
Watch out Commander, I'm coming for you! lol
What do you mean coming? You already got me...in squats.

Quote:
Not big into politics but Ron Paul seems the most honest guy up there in the debates. I think it is hard to agree with a candidate 100% so you have to see who has the best overall ideas and you agree with on the majority of things. And Ron Paul is seeming to be that person for me.
That is most people's impression of Ron Paul, even if they haven't been hanging out with Workout Machine.

And you know why people think he is honest? It's because he is, he has a consistent track record of voting by the Constitution. Can't go wrong with that method.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 09-30-2011, 05:40 PM
superbilt is getting stronger than ever
Super-Heavyweight

The only way someone is going to be 100% happy with a politician is if they believe in everything that person believes in. The only way that is going to happen is if you yourself are running for office.

Obama has done some good things in office like order the killings of terrorist leaders. He has been more aggressive on Al Qeada in 2+ years then Bush was in 8 years (and no I am not bashing Bush). I think Bush would have been a better president if he did not have a bully for a vice president. Obama steped into office with two wars going on and an awful economy yet many Republicans constantly bash him let he caused all of that. If John McCain had been elected he would be dealing with the same issues. Obama was elected in part to end the war in Iraq in a responsible manner. There were 150,000 American troops in Iraq when he stepped into office. Now, there are 44,000-46,000 depending on the day with plans to completely withdraw by the end of this year. I know someone is thinking well the troop levels went way up in Afghansitan. Well to that I say isn't that the where Al Qeada (our real enemies) and the Taliban are based out of. Obama made a smart decision to get rid of "Don't ask, Don't Tell" which was stupid to begin with. It is not like people are beating down the doors at recruiting stations to join the military. Who cares if someone is straight or gay if they want to serve their country. Besides the fact that when you are in a unit and spend everyday with the same people you are going to figure out if someone is gay or straight anyway and it should not matter because we all breathe the same air.

I know the economy is the number 1 issue that most people care about and since Obama has been president it has not improved much if at all. However, no matter who is president is going to have very little effect on the economy unless they give incentives or threats for corporations to hire. If companies don't stop outsourcing jobs to India and China the economy will tank even more. If workers do not get raises as opposed to paycuts they are not going to spend. Upper level management continues to make more and more money and the middle and working class suffer not at the hands of government but at the hands of corporations.

As for the current Republican President field it is a pretty weak one. Ron Paul is the only guy who makes sense. Some of his views are a bit extreme but he is a smart man. There is a lot of speculation that our governor Chris Christie is going to run for president after saying he would not. However, they would not be the first time he lied ask any public employee in New Jersey. I want him to run though because it would provide entertainment for the debates. If he does everyone outside of New Jersey will see what I mean.

There is still over a year to the next elections anyway. A lot can change from now to then.
Once I stick to the program I am going to get really strong.
NO LIMITS!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ironbilt727

Last edited by superbilt; 09-30-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:05 AM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

My question for you guys is if Ron Paul actually becomes President, do you think the Congress will pass any of his "extreme" ideas? Do you really think they will let him end the Fed and bring back all the troops and cut all these government organizations? Also, do you think if all that goes through, that the next President won't just overturn everything?

Also, Obama would be cooler if he was like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlOIy6QEbes

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 10-01-2011, 12:42 PM
bigironcross is working to get less huge and better proportioned!
Middleweight

Quote:
<snip>
I think it is hard to agree with a candidate 100% so you have to see who has the best overall ideas and you agree with on the majority of things.
<snip>
Great point!

One of the issues that I have with the average conservative christian voter is that too many are one issue voters. Example: He/She supports Pro Choice so I could never vote for him. So instead, they'll vote for the candidate that supports certain big businesses or government reform that will happily throw the elderly and the poor under the bus.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:06 PM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
My question for you guys is if Ron Paul actually becomes President, do you think the Congress will pass any of his "extreme" ideas? Do you really think they will let him end the Fed and bring back all the troops and cut all these government organizations? Also, do you think if all that goes through, that the next President won't just overturn everything?

Also, Obama would be cooler if he was like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlOIy6QEbes
He's got my vote, because I believe he's the guy who could turn this country in the right direction, but I can't see him becoming President, and even if he does, I don't see congress passing any of his ideas.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 10-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Here's a good video of Ron Paul's predictions http://youtu.be/48Gfzgxh3ZQ

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 10-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Wizard24 is mixing up the diet.
Lightweight

Quote:
I think that Paul would definitely be able to force an audit of the Fed, which would be a huge start. Once the books are open and if the media would report on what is going on with the Fed, then the ball would start rolling. Every action needs to start somewhere. The devaluation of the US currency has done more to wipe out the middle class in this country than any business has. A stable currency, a less convoluted Tax Code, and repeal of business killing regulations such as Obamacare, Dodd/Frank and SOX would do wonders for the economy.
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galations 5:22-23
Old 10-06-2011, 04:37 PM
superbilt is getting stronger than ever
Super-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard24 View Post
I think that Paul would definitely be able to force an audit of the Fed, which would be a huge start. Once the books are open and if the media would report on what is going on with the Fed, then the ball would start rolling. Every action needs to start somewhere. The devaluation of the US currency has done more to wipe out the middle class in this country than any business has. A stable currency, a less convoluted Tax Code, and repeal of business killing regulations such as Obamacare, Dodd/Frank and SOX would do wonders for the economy.
I am definately with you on business killing regualtions. I think businesses need to be encouraged to stop outsourcing jobs to other countries and to hire Americans. If this country continues to head in the wrong direction we only have ourselves to blame. A flat tax if done correct would be fair too. That way everyone could afford to pay their fair share whethere low income or rich.
Once I stick to the program I am going to get really strong.
NO LIMITS!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ironbilt727
Old 10-31-2011, 03:23 AM
thisdude should change his/her status!
Stranger

I'm not a big fan of any party. I blame the party system for a lot of the issues going on right now. Buts that's an entirely different topic. As far as the candidates, not a lot of winners in the bunch. I love Ron Paul, but I really don't think that the majority people have enough confidence in his ideals simply because of his association with a non mainstream party and how extreme some of his ideals seem. Personally, I think he is hands down the best option out there, but in order for him to make a real difference, he's going to need a congress that can work with him. Also, Id be extremely interested in his cabinet choices.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

I like Ron Paul as well, but don't see him getting voted as the Republican candidate, as many see his ideas as extreme. Right now it looks like Herman Cain is the front runner, I do like his 999 plan and his position on illegal immigration, but we'll see how this plays out in the near future.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal