Wings...I want them - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Hardcore Training

Notices

Old 08-28-2011, 07:24 AM
greatkeen is getting BIGGER
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosey View Post
like the squat they are extremely taxing on the cns and release GH into the body.. those and squats are king and queen of lifts.. no-one with a great back doesnt have an impressive deadlift
i had an idea my statement would coz a roar... well to answer klosey, i for one dont deadlift at all...never have....and in all modesty have a very good back if not great...

secondly..i said they are over rated for lats & wings...may or do add over all mass & thickness, but nothing fancy if astethics is wat u care abt...
Old 08-29-2011, 09:01 PM
joneser3eb is adding weight to the bar
Steel-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Overrated? If anything they're underused.
agreed. 100%
Old 08-30-2011, 05:01 AM
Rookie

please guys this thread is abt WINGS and not deadlifts...now in all honesty i got nothing against deadlifts, but come on we all know & should admit that they do nothing for Lats or comonly known Wings...and that was and is my point.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Wizard24 is mixing up the diet.
Lightweight

From the original post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fargs View Post
Hi everyone,
I was just looking for some new workout routines for a wide back.
Do you believe that Deads will not help him increase his back width?
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galations 5:22-23
Old 08-30-2011, 01:41 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatkeen View Post
i had an idea my statement would coz a roar... well to answer klosey, i for one dont deadlift at all...never have....and in all modesty have a very good back if not great...

secondly..i said they are over rated for lats & wings...may or do add over all mass & thickness, but nothing fancy if astethics is wat u care abt...
asthetics is ration of size.. not possible without some form of deadlift.. just like you wont get decent legs without a form of squat
Old 08-30-2011, 05:09 PM
superbilt is getting stronger than ever
Super-Heavyweight

How many guys do you see with a thick back that is not wide and a wide back that is not thick?

Rows, Pullups, and Deadlifts are the answer. A lot of guys don't deadlift because they are hard and painful. Ronnie Coleman said it best when he said everyone wants to be a bodybuilder but don't want to lift heavy weight.

Can you build a good back without deadlifts? Probably but it will take a lot longer to get there. Unless you have a legit problem where it is dangerous to deadlift then Man up and get to it... If you actually want to reach your goals.

The foundation to any good program is Squat, DL, Bench, and Overhead press. Throw in some rows and pullups and you are on your way.
Once I stick to the program I am going to get really strong.
NO LIMITS!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ironbilt727

Last edited by superbilt; 08-30-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:38 AM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbilt View Post
A lot of guys don't deadlift because they are hard and painful. Ronnie Coleman said it best when he said .
LIIIGGGHHTTWEIGGHTT WOOOW!

couldnt resist.. love ronnie
Old 09-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbilt View Post
How many guys do you see with a thick back that is not wide and a wide back that is not thick?

Rows, Pullups, and Deadlifts are the answer. A lot of guys don't deadlift because they are hard and painful. Ronnie Coleman said it best when he said everyone wants to be a bodybuilder but don't want to lift heavy weight.

Can you build a good back without deadlifts? Probably but it will take a lot longer to get there. Unless you have a legit problem where it is dangerous to deadlift then Man up and get to it... If you actually want to reach your goals.

The foundation to any good program is Squat, DL, Bench, and Overhead press. Throw in some rows and pullups and you are on your way.
really very good point, cos i really see alot of ameature guys with real thick & defined backs but not really wide.... i am not talking abt the pros but nattys in general arrnd...with all over decent physiques showing all the hard work, come to back its thick but not wide....

Deadlifts dont hit lats any more then squats hit midsection to give six pack abs...lolz now i am sure people would argue squats help build six packs too...

anyways original thread & my point so far has been that deadlift dont hit lats...they dont make ur back wide...only slightly nuthing fancy... pullups are the king for lats...pull downs & variations are good..Kapish..
Old 09-02-2011, 12:23 PM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

So what you're saying is deadlifts provide no stretch whatsoever on the lats?
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 09-03-2011, 06:38 AM
Rookie

offcourse they do provide stretching, offcourse they provide all the benifits of being probably the best full body excercise, but u guys are missing the point here, ask urself truely do they hit lats, aka wings, as effectively as pullups or variation of pulldowns...???? hell no they dont,....if ur answer is yes...then u r a mindless zambie, zambie of the mainstream media, internet gurus...

somebody mentioned squats, dl, presses are the foundation of any solid routine, hell yes they are....but if u r to say the standing millatery presses are good for your calves just because they are done standing & that weight is supported by ur legs ... come on guys where is this debate going...

i repeat for a gazillionth time,, original poster asked for wings...not a solid routine not excercises that give u stretch in ur wings...my point has been simple enough, got nothing against dl, though i dont do them but thats my personal preference, however, dl dont hit ur lats one tenth of wat pullups do, thats not my preference thats fact...so lets give straight facts to people who ask simple questions instead of marketing squats & deadlifts as an answer to all questions...that just sounds like an annonymous internet 300lbs guru who never even touches a db in real life, but just propagates twice ur body weight protein as a must for getting big...

enough of my rant.....