Natural Bodybuilding - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > Psychology of Bodybuilding

Notices

Old 11-29-2007, 12:06 PM
DirtbagDan should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Natural Bodybuilding

[ QUOTE ]
speaking of roids, what is roid-gut, I was watching some you tube videos and that was in a few of the comments. Is that like ronnie and how his stomach sticks out like a beer belly untill he flexes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Steroids don't do that.

That is from Growth Hormone and primarily IGF-1 (Insulin-like Growth Factor 1). I have known hundreds of people who use/have used GH and it actually takes excessive use to develop it. IGF-1, however, is a different story and i've heard that it can increase the size of internal organs (and intestines especially) almost immediately. That's what the gut is from.

"Some people call me a fat pig in the off season, but when I step on stage those same people are kissing my @ss" - Lee Priest

"That last rep where you're trying as hard as you can and you barely make it! That is what turns on the growth mechanism in your body. That last almost impossible rep where you're bearing your teeth, you're shaking all over, you need assistance! That rep is very special, that rep is very different. There's something special going on inside your body when that happens." - Mike Mentzer
Old 11-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Adam Knowlden should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I believe you need to find some real friends first of all, friends who respect you. This guy really seems to give you a tough time. When it comes to the "supplement" he´s advocating for, I´ve never heard of it, and it doesn´t really matter, it´s a steroid, right? If you´ve decided not to use drugs simpy don´t. I haven´t and I´ve still been able to come in at the top of competitions, even to win. Remember you´re still a kid (in this game you are), and you have a lot of growing to do, both physicallly and mentally (and spiritually too!) before even considering the alternatives this guy i suggesting.

Remember building the body you want takes time, there is no need to rush anything. Regarding the show, if you´ve never competed before consider this firt time a good learning experience where you both get a better understanding of how your body reacts to carb loading and getting rid of excessive water. Also getting on stage will be a totally new experience to you, and since it´s your first time you shouldn´t expect yourself to be posing as confidently as Ed Corney. This doesn´t mean you won´t do well, if you´re well prepared you will.

But remeber there is a tomorrow after the show too - so don´t put your health at risk for a few minutes on a stage. Sculpting your body into perfection and being able to show it off in an impressive way is art, and it takes years, if not decades of training and experience to really get good at it. I suppose you already knew that. So keep ignoring the garbage advise from your friend, and keep working hard toward your goals. On another note, creatine is a great supplement, probably one of my favourites. Keep supplementing with it, I can´t see one single reason why you shouldn´t.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best advice I've ever heard. This is experience and wisdom talking.

Bodybuilding champions are leaders, not followers.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:12 PM
spad87 is under something heavy
Rookie

Everyone has made great points. First of all, your health should come first. Is it really smart to compromise you health for a few minutes on stage. This guy obviously does not value your health. In fact, he doesn't even sound like a people pleaser who may be going about it the wrong way. Sounds to me like this guy is like any other dealer, he tells the buyer what they want to hear. Don't fall for his bs. If it is real roids, it will be detectable. It is in oral form, so it is terrible for your liver. Take the high road and soak in every ounce of self gratification when you are standing on that stage and remember every bit of effort you put in to achieve how you look. And don't be discouraged by competitors juicing. Make sure you do your research and compete in a legit natural competition that has more testing then a lie detecting test and I am sure everything will workout for you. Good luck.
deadlift: 405 lb
bench: 300
squat: 315

shut up and train

www.marchadvantage.com
Old 12-28-2007, 01:59 AM
Wangbo should change his/her status!

I don't have the experience that a lot of these guys have got but I do know something My Dad told me and I passed on to my son " the Difference between a man and a boy is that a man stands for what is right even if he stands alone and knows he may be hurt or killed" roids are not to be played with and any one that pressures you to go along with the "crowd" is usually looking to create a crowd. Stand as a man and be proud of what you accomplish that they can't without artificial assistance. And when you think you are standing alone look around you might be surprised who is standing with you Bro.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:40 AM
Birthright1 is The Master Blaster PUMP Master
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have the experience that a lot of these guys have got but I do know something My Dad told me and I passed on to my son " the Difference between a man and a boy is that a man stands for what is right even if he stands alone and knows he may be hurt or killed" roids are not to be played with and any one that pressures you to go along with the "crowd" is usually looking to create a crowd. Stand as a man and be proud of what you accomplish that they can't without artificial assistance. And when you think you are standing alone look around you might be surprised who is standing with you Bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this your father was a very smart man indead, however it is important to point out that most all of us use some type of artificial assistance. Just because it is legal does not make it any different. I swallow a ton of vitamins and drink a ton of powder. The difference is knowledge. To be knowledgeable about what you are putting in your body is the key. The drugs that we introduce into our systems everyday are astonishing when you think about it. Caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, pain relievers, aspirin, all types of natural roots and herbs, citric acid, potassium, iron and on and on. We do this because it is our way of life; it is part of the world we live in. Are steroids bad for you? Well this is the real question, so far studies say no not if you do it right. The problem is without knowledge that is readily available the right way is hard to find. The cycle of health should be a steady progression from one stage to the next. If you start working out today then you should not start using juice the next day...or maybe never at all. If the time comes when you can no longer achieve growth no matter what you do then this is when you must determine for yourself whether to progress or stay where you are at. Steroids are not the shortcut they are just a tool. To use this tool in the wrong order will have consequences. The progression of the body produces constant need for additional supplementation, to ignore this is to say that eating is not the first key step of this progression. It is like saying that if you lift then it doesn't matter what you eat you will grow and we all know this not to be true. When properly used, a person who has meet there growth potential already can expand this to a new level. This is not the easy way, a lot of lifting and hard work will still be involved. If you use to get bigger and within a year explode to new proportions then you have done it wrong. When done properly your growth rate of the previous10 to 12 years will not all of a sudden triple. It will stay the same or might even be a little less. Because you have reached you potential naturally and now you are supplementing to go farther with your progression. At 5'6 240something I figure my max potential is around 280 or so. I can not progress farther than this without additional supplements. This is a long way off because the closer you get to your max potential the slower the growth becomes. To start using juice or one of the many other growth supplements right now would not be the correct way to reach 280. If I ever reach 280 then this is where I will have to decide whether to stay where I am and be happy or see what how far I can take my body. I can not give you my answer because I am not there yet but to tell me that I do not have an option to do this is wrong; especially in the next sentence I am told I can have a calf implant or chest implant if I want to. Logic was not used when going against the AMA and many other medical associations when making steroids a banned substance. Restrictions should have been applied per there request. Banning was not in there informational document presented to congress at all. Yet that was the outcome. Where’s the logic in that?
Lo, they do call to me
They bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla
Where the brave may live
Forever.

"Either you lift it or you don't."
Jesse Dawson Marunde
Old 01-05-2008, 05:36 AM
Dzoni should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

They say that a major symptom of using roids is not to use paragraphs when typing a long post.

Get off the JUICE Birthright!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-06-2008, 04:05 AM
Birthright1 is The Master Blaster PUMP Master
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
They say that a major symptom of using roids is not to use paragraphs when typing a long post.

Get off the JUICE Birthright!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant spell either. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Lo, they do call to me
They bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla
Where the brave may live
Forever.

"Either you lift it or you don't."
Jesse Dawson Marunde
Old 01-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Dzoni should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Hahaha roid fingers [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Raziel is on the path to muscular transcendance!
Stranger

Roids will give you horrible health complications, everybody knows that. What's the point of building an appealing, healthy physique if you're going to cheat and not be healthy? Don't touch roids, my brotha!
Old 07-29-2011, 01:45 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
Roids will give you horrible health complications, everybody knows that. What's the point of building an appealing, healthy physique if you're going to cheat and not be healthy? Don't touch roids, my brotha!
right.. i dont promote their use but... this is complete falicy.. Roids Will NOT give your horrible complications.. however it can accelerate underlying problems, Cheating... i hate this expression.. is mr olympia a cheat? for using AAS to get near 80lb over what is possible naturally?... are supplements cheating? as for health as a reason to stay of them.. many are used in medicine to MAKE you healthy.. in asthma inhailers and one in particular is used in the treatment of disease