Dispelling the cooked protein myth - denaturing is irrelevent - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > HYPERplasia Research

Notices

Old 03-03-2008, 02:48 AM
Whey Man is procrastinating.
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Dispelling the cooked protein myth - denaturing is irrelevent

w00t! No more guilt ridden protein pancakes!

Awesome stuff, Venom. Sounds like you're learning quite a bit in Illinois.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:56 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, and you can just have partially hydrolyzed proteins. Pro-score by champion example has a high amount of these.

[/ QUOTE ]

hydronized proteins taste like death! lol im currently trying to figure out isopures protein drink its basically whey and dex in water, how the hell can this stuff have a 6 month best before? or is the myth of whey degenerating in water now dispelled too?
Old 03-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Bahir is on a diet of scrambled eggs and CC
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
or is the myth of whey degenerating in water now dispelled too?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that that was the myth that was the focus of this thread [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2008, 11:23 PM
MorThanAConqeror should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Hey venom so this Raw food diet is bogus that states that cooking meats cooks out all of the protein and aminos.
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Romans 8:37

"I believe in christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
"Never compare this Book with other books. This Book is from heaven. It does not contain the Word of God; it is the Word of God. It is supernatural in origin, eternal in duration and value, infinite in scope and Divine in authorship. Read it through! Pray it in! Write it down." Smith Wigglesworth
Old 04-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Pretty much. I'm not saying to burn them to a crisp, but for the most part it's not a concern.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:07 PM
tyciol is statusfied
Stranger

There are other concerns in cooking besides protein, do you have information about stuff like damage to vitamins or antioxidant compounds? This might be more of a concern with plants than meat, I'm not sure.

Rancidity is one issue that comes to mind, like why it's okay to cook saturated fats or even monounsaturated like olive oil, but to avoid cooking polys like flax since they go rancid under heat easier, something like that.

Which brings to mind the question: there's this big hard-on for grass-fed beef because it's apparently higher in omega 3 than corn-fed beef or something like that. But if we're going to be cooking the meat, is having polyunsaturated animal fat necessarily a good thing? I could understand if we were eating the meat raw, but perhaps if we're going to be cooking the meat, we should have the saturated corn fat and just cut as much of it off as possible.

I mean seriously, no matter how Omega3 grassy beef is, surely we'd be better off relying on uncooked sources, like cold-pressed flax or fish oils.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:46 AM

Yeah, that's an excellent point about damaging other nutrients besides proteins with cooking. This definitely is an issue with vegetables, such as broccoli - for instance, microwaving broccoli can completely destroy the anti-estrogen/anti-cancer nutrients which are contained with in them (sulforaphane, etc.).

It's a good point about omega 3s being enriched in foods such as eggs and beef...you certaining could question the bioavailability of that when cooked?
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:53 AM
rocco-x is "i'll never tell-omerta"
Stranger

just had this conversation with my girl as i was cooking dinner,lol!she says i cook at too low a flame.my reasoning is that from what info i've gathered is that high protein meals like beef,chicken and fish should be cooked slowly to prevent the meat from becoming tough due to the protein content.who's right,me or her?
Old 07-01-2011, 02:37 AM

You do not want to burn proteins or meats - this actually can have a carcinogenic effect. But beyond that, how you cook your proteins is not going to influence muscle protein synthesis. That's the main point of this thread.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies