Commanding My Body - Page 145 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1441  
Old 03-22-2011, 09:07 PM
WorkoutMchne WorkoutMchne is offline
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tallahssee, FL.
Posts: 679
Default

The beard easily adds 10 pounds to the squat.
__________________
Mike Zourdos, Ph.D., CSCS
Assistant Professor
Exercise Science
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Reply With Quote
  #1442  
Old 03-23-2011, 01:03 PM
WorkoutMchne WorkoutMchne is offline
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tallahssee, FL.
Posts: 679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Regardless of how you feel about our intervention in Libya, there is a Constitution which stipulates how these things are supposed to play out. Barack was in support of that formula back in 2007. Here's a quote:

“The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation,” Obama responded in a 2007 Interview.

Hmmm, how things change.

Article here.
Couldn't agree more. We are now in 3 unconstitutional wars. The President must get a declaration of war from the congress. It is clear that there is no difference between this administration and the last one. It is clear that people choose to follow the constitution when it supports their interest. It is clear that congress is a joke for giving the executive branch so much power. It is clear that only Ron Paul is the champion of the constitution and would actually do anything to stop unconstitutional wars (Dennis Kucinich actually would as well). Finally, it is sad that obama (I don't even capitalize his name anymore) was once a constitutional law professor.

I would also like to add, do you know where we are going to get the money to pay for this? Yes, that's right, ben bernanke (he doesn't get capitalization either) is going to turn on the printing press at the federal reserve and counterfit the money out of this air. He's going to create inflation by increasing the money supply and soon our dollars will no longer be accepted around the world. If Japan is smart they get rid of their U.S. treasuries, and of course the FED would buy them, since the FED is already the largest holder anyways. Currency crisis is coming with the collapse of the dollar and hyperinflation.

This unconstitutional war as once again sacrificed liberty, made us less safe, contributed to the devaluing of our currency, and undermined the constitution. Just one more example how all of our problems come from not following the constitution and too much government. Okay, I'm done now...because I have to go by some gold and silver so I have it when these pieces of paper aren't accepted anywhere.
__________________
Mike Zourdos, Ph.D., CSCS
Assistant Professor
Exercise Science
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter

Last edited by WorkoutMchne; 03-23-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1443  
Old 03-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
The beard easily adds 10 pounds to the squat.
It also adds 5 lbs to my bodyweight, I trimmed it last night and now I weigh 177.

I haven't shaved (except for my upper lip) since the Steelers vs. Ravens playoff game.....when I looked in the mirror this morning, I felt like half the man I was before shaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
Couldn't agree more. We are now in 3 unconstitutional wars. The President must get a declaration of war from the congress. It is clear that there is no difference between this administration and the last one. It is clear that people choose to follow the constitution when it supports their interest. It is clear that congress is a joke for giving the executive branch so much power. It is clear that only Ron Paul is the champion of the constitution and would actually do anything to stop unconstitutional wars (Dennis Kucinich actually would as well). Finally, it is sad that obama (I don't even capitalize his name anymore) was once a constitutional law professor.

I would also like to add, do you know where we are going to get the money to pay for this? Yes, that's right, ben bernanke (he doesn't get capitalization either) is going to turn on the printing press at the federal reserve and counterfit the money out of this air. He's going to create inflation by increasing the money supply and soon our dollars will no longer be accepted around the world. If Japan is smart they get rid of their U.S. treasuries, and of course the FED would buy them, since the FED is already the largest holder anyways. Currency crisis is coming with the collapse of the dollar and hyperinflation.

This unconstitutional war as once again sacrificed liberty, made us less safe, contributed to the devaluing of our currency, and undermined the constitution. Just one more example how all of our problems come from not following the constitution and too much government. Okay, I'm done now...because I have to go by some gold and silver so I have it when these pieces of paper aren't accepted anywhere.
If you ever type my name without capitals then I will bow my head in shame.

I think your name should be all capitals.

And I only think Obama was a constitutional lawyer so he could learn how to weasel his way around it.
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 03-23-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1444  
Old 03-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,518
Default

283 days to gain 28 pounds!

Wednesday

AM

Chinup
BW+37.5x5, 6 sets
BW+5 x 8

T-Bar
175x5, 6 sets
148x8

DB CG Bench Press
78x5, 7 sets
66x8, 2 sets

Pulldown
107.5x20

Band Stiff Arm Pulldowns, Rows

Lunch

Chinup
BW+5 x 8, 3 sets

Pulldown
107.5x12

T-Bar
148x8, 3 sets
135x12

DB CG Bench Press
66x8, 4 sets
60x12, 2 sets

Pulldown
107.5x20, 15

SS w/

Suspended Pushups
BWx15, 2 sets

Band Stiff Arm Pulldowns, Rows
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Reply With Quote
  #1445  
Old 03-23-2011, 05:41 PM
bigbear6708 bigbear6708 is offline
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
It also adds 5 lbs to my bodyweight, I trimmed it last night and now I weigh 177.

I haven't shaved (except for my upper lip) since the url=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/gameflash/2011/01/15/4335_recap.html]Steelers vs. Ravens[/url] playoff game.....when I looked in the mirror this morning, I felt like half the man I was before shaving.



If you ever type my name without capitals then I will bow my head in shame.

I think your name should be all capitals.

And I only think Obama was a constitutional lawyer so he could learn how to weasel his way around it.
funny you say that Commander, I actually thought I remembered hearing something about in his classes he would teach the students the loop holes and ways around what the Constitution says. (cant provide a source, just what I think I remember hearing)
__________________
my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/kbarry86

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Reply With Quote
  #1446  
Old 03-23-2011, 06:30 PM
WorkoutMchne WorkoutMchne is offline
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tallahssee, FL.
Posts: 679
Default

He taught at Chicago Law School. Don't worry your name will always be capitalized. However, if you see me doing curls or cardio or eating vegetables I must request that you write my name in lower case letter to put me in my place.
__________________
Mike Zourdos, Ph.D., CSCS
Assistant Professor
Exercise Science
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Reply With Quote
  #1447  
Old 03-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
funny you say that Commander, I actually thought I remembered hearing something about in his classes he would teach the students the loop holes and ways around what the Constitution says. (cant provide a source, just what I think I remember hearing)
Not surprising

Here are some of his thoughts on the Constitution:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iivL4...3E55C4A85EEC72

He outlines his plans around the constitution through the courts and legislatively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
He taught at Chicago Law School. Don't worry your name will always be capitalized. However, if you see me doing curls or cardio or eating vegetables I must request that you write my name in lower case letter to put me in my place.
I will keep an eye out.

-----

Thursday

282 days to become a beast

AM

No occluded dog walk, nasty rain/snow/wind mix, so I just played tug-of-war with my dog.

Lunch

Deadlift felt great today (again), I was only supposed to do 6 sets with 406, but I added some weight and an extra set.

Deadlift
406x3, 5 sets
411x3
416x3
366x6, 2 sets

Shrug - hold at top
226x20, 2 sets

Leg Extension
125x12, 12

superset with

Suspended Bridge Leg Curl - hold at top of ROM, squeezed hamstrings, glutes
BWx15

------

In other news....

A tornado touched down a few miles from my house, I've always wanted to see one, but I missed it.

It actually did some damage. There was an accompanying hail storm which had golf ball size hail, the hail was pretty awesome.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w267Mv8_fqA

News
http://www.usatoday.com/weather/stor...htm?csp=34news
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42250307/ns/weather/

-----

For a laugh...

A Song about how the US Troops have fought and died for our freedom, with some sarcastic humor thrown in

---

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/nh-...gainst-moms-wi
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 03-25-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1448  
Old 03-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,518
Default

Often times, I don't feel like doing this workout after yesterday's deadlifts, but, I only have 281 days to build the body I want, I am not going to waste them

Friday

281 days to get it done

AM

DB CG Press
82x3, 7 sets
70x6, 2 sets

Chinup
BW+50x3, 6 sets
BW+16x6, 1 sets

T-Bar
185x3, 6 sets
158x6, 1 sets

Ab Wheel Rollout
BWx12, 2 sets

superset with Crunches

Band flys, stiff arm lat pulldown, rows, tricep extension

Lunch

DB CG Press
70x6, 5 sets
63x10, 3 sets

Chinup
BW+16x6, 3 sets
BW+1x10

T-Bar
158x6, 3 sets
142.5x10

Pulldown
110x15, 15

Superset with

Suspended Pushup
BWx15, 2 sets

Band flys, stiff arm lat pulldown, rows, tricep extension
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Reply With Quote
  #1449  
Old 03-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,518
Default

278 days to gain 27 pounds!

Saturday

Arm Hypertrophy - 4x - 30 seconds rest

Barbell Curl
67.5x10, 4 sets, increase weight - some cheating on these reps

Inc DB Curl
19x10, 4 sets, increase weight

DB Hammer Curl
19x10, 4 sets, increase weight

CG DB Neutral Press
67x10, 10, 10, 8 - increase weight

Suspended OH Extension
BWx10, 4 sets

Tricep Pushdown and Extensions with Bands

OCCLUSION:

Leg Extension
60x30, 15, 15, 15

Suspended Bridge Leg Curl
BWx30, 10, 10, 10

Calve Raise
BWx30, 15, 15, 15, 15

Sunday

Ab Wheel and Crunches

----

Diet update:

Bodyweight average up 1.0 pound to 182.6

----

In other news...

An amazing Hero!

Also here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...t-Taliban.html
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 03-28-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1450  
Old 03-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,518
Default

(still 278 days!)

Monday

Worked midnight shift last night, which meant no time for my morning workout because I had to go straight to my normal job.

Monday is typically Upper Hypertrophy day, with Back in the AM and Chest/Delt over my lunch break, so I did a condensed version at lunch time.

Chinup
BW+6x10, 4 sets - felt great, squeezed and held each rep

T-Bar
155x10, 4 sets - same as above

DB CG Neutral Press
72x10, 4 sets

1 Arm T-Bar Row
75x10, 4 sets

Suspended Pushups
BWx15, 2 sets

1 Arm Cable Pulldown
50x10, 2 sets

1 Arm Pullover

Band Flys, Band Stiff Arm Lat Pulldowns

-----

I am incorporating more unilateral work, because I always seem to get a better pump in my right lat, tricep, etc. I don't feel like I am favoring it, but maybe I do slightly subconsciously due to my nagging pain/injury in my left arm. I also throw in an extra set here and there for my left arm.
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.