gr0undz3r0 is old and out of shape
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Excuse me? That's pretty judgemental.

Romans 14:1-13 NIV

Romans 14
The Weak and the Strong
1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. 2One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. 4Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
5One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

9For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. 10You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. 11It is written:
" 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,
'every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will confess to God.' "[a] 12So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.

Here's one:
Many people enjoy the flavor and do not drink for any other reason than that. And many can enjoy a glass of wine without being even close to intoxicated.
Yea. Judging is a bit too broad of a concept for this thread. I only was showing that what people were "Drinking" in the bible is no were near what people are "drinking" today.
That's it - just saying there was a BIG DIFFERENCE.

I think this somes it up for me:
Who hath woe? Who hath contentions? Who hath babbling? Who hath wounds without cause? Who hath redness of eyes? They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine." Proverbs 23:29-30
Old 01-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Fair enough

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 01-25-2010, 07:22 PM
RuSerious is pimp-a-licious
Middleweight

Sticky subject. Alcohol was used back in bibilcal days as a means of ensuring drinkable water. Wine back then was about 1/12 the strength of the wine now. It's certainly something I struggle with. I go on "the wagon" for a few months at a time just to self assess if I'm an addict and see if I have withdrawals and never do. It just seems to be a part of the culture now and it's the thing to do. I plan on going on a dry spell here in the next several months and when/if I come back to drinking any alcohol it will be socially.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:21 AM
fireman should change his/her status!
Lightweight

We that have excepted God's grace have been saved and sealed by his Holy Spirit. We have been made Kings and Priest unto our God. Let us be sober minded filled with his spirit. We should rightly divide his word that we might know what is the height and depth of all things. But not to condemnation for the god of this world is condemned. The devil goes about to and fro seeking whom he might destroy and uses anything that will help him. Alcohol, covetousness, anger, hate etc. But these perversities don't take away the goodness of God but are imitations for wide is the road that leads destruction and many that find it and narrow is the road that leads to life and few that find it. Let us use are freedom to release those that are in bondage to the imitations which blind them but not to condemnation but to the real light of Jesus Christ and Our Father in Heaven from whom every good and perfect give cometh down

Tags
alcohol, bible