Creatine Timing - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Supplement Reviews

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Rpowell Rpowell is offline
Rpowell is feelin pumped
Stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3
Default Creatine Timing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I am currently taking creatine about 10 min after my workout. It is a creatine dextrose mix. I am wondering how long after i take the creatine is it worknig at its best, same goes for protien. I am also taking Humalog insulin immedately after my workout between 4-6 units. I know that this insulin begins to work immediately and is working at its best 30 min after. I just wanted to time it so that all my supplements and the insulin are working at their max at the same times. Let me know thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-15-2010, 01:51 PM
klosey's Avatar
klosey klosey is offline
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Eggborough UK
Posts: 8,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpowell View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I am currently taking creatine about 10 min after my workout. It is a creatine dextrose mix. I am wondering how long after i take the creatine is it worknig at its best, same goes for protien. I am also taking Humalog insulin immedately after my workout between 4-6 units. I know that this insulin begins to work immediately and is working at its best 30 min after. I just wanted to time it so that all my supplements and the insulin are working at their max at the same times. Let me know thanks.
the humalog is a useless supplement.
creatine i take immediatly after workout and 30 mins pre workout
protein immediatly post workout
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-15-2010, 10:58 PM
WorkoutMchne WorkoutMchne is offline
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tallahssee, FL.
Posts: 679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosey View Post
creatine i take immediatly after workout and 30 mins pre workout
protein immediatly post workout
Klosey, are you an advocate of 10grams per day of creatine (or at least on training days) as opposed to 5? I assume this since you are taking a serving both before and after. I was thinking about moving to 10 on training days next time I use it instead of just 5 grams post-training. Have you noticed any difference between 5 and 10 with your results?
__________________
Mike Zourdos, Ph.D., CSCS
Assistant Professor
Exercise Science
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-16-2010, 12:18 AM
klosey's Avatar
klosey klosey is offline
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Eggborough UK
Posts: 8,077
Default

Yes I like 10g a day it may sound daft but the muscle just feels stronger like it's not taking as much effort to do a rep, I'm working by 1g per 25lb body weight so when I drop to 220-230 I may drop a gram
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-19-2011, 06:16 AM
Carl Carl is offline
Carl should change his/her status!
Stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
Default

Klosey,
Do you take your creatine with dextrose or table sugar?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-20-2011, 02:51 AM
bigbear6708 bigbear6708 is offline
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
Klosey, are you an advocate of 10grams per day of creatine (or at least on training days) as opposed to 5? I assume this since you are taking a serving both before and after. I was thinking about moving to 10 on training days next time I use it instead of just 5 grams post-training. Have you noticed any difference between 5 and 10 with your results?
Mike,

for the longest time I would not load and just maintain 5g daily; PWO on training days. last time I ran a cycle i actually loaded 25g a day for a week, then 5 g a day after. Cant really say I noticed much difference. When do you run it...when doing volume, or peaking???
__________________
my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/kbarry86

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-21-2011, 08:26 AM
klosey's Avatar
klosey klosey is offline
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Eggborough UK
Posts: 8,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
Klosey,
Do you take your creatine with dextrose or table sugar?
no i've started using Creatine Gluconate.. which has its own delivery system
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Carl Carl is offline
Carl should change his/her status!
Stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
Default Creatine Gluconate

Have you been dosing the Creatine Gluconate long enough to assess whether or not it is equal to or greater than Creatine Monohydrate? From what I have just read on the internet about Creatine Gluconate, it may assimilate into the cells at a higher %age rate compared to Creatine Monohydrate. I am eager to hear what you have to say. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-23-2011, 08:30 AM
klosey's Avatar
klosey klosey is offline
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Eggborough UK
Posts: 8,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
Have you been dosing the Creatine Gluconate long enough to assess whether or not it is equal to or greater than Creatine Monohydrate? From what I have just read on the internet about Creatine Gluconate, it may assimilate into the cells at a higher %age rate compared to Creatine Monohydrate. I am eager to hear what you have to say. Thanks.
been on it over a month.. it seems to be better.. i can only say seems. i take xtend during workouts and on the creatine gluconate i have noticed better muscle pump
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-01-2011, 05:14 PM
superbilt's Avatar
superbilt superbilt is offline
superbilt is getting stronger than ever
Super-Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Land of the Fist Pumper!
Posts: 4,131
Default

The only difference I ever notice from loading it was bloating and pissing most of it out. I like to take it pre and postworkout. I don't take it on off days. May be I will try it to see if I notice a difference.
__________________
HOOAH!
Discipline makes you mentally and physically tough!
Currently making everything stronger!!
Once I stick to the program I am going to get really strong.
NO LIMITS!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ironbilt727
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.