need shoulder pain advice, help!! - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Injury Analysis

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 09:10 PM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ray View Post
On the subject of shoulder issues, perhaps you guys can give me some quick advice. I have torn both of my rotator cuffs and the labrum is also torn on the top and bottom of my left shoulder. I am aware that I need surgery, etc.

Are there any weightlifting exercises I can do that won't impact my shoulders other than squats? I am just looking for something I can do to maintain a little bit of muscle until I can have the surgery (which I may not have for 12-18 months). No matter how I try to work my arms and back I still feel shoulder pain and would like to come up with something to work them without strain on my shoulders.

Are there any options or am I done until after surgery?

Thanks.
I'm in the same boat as you, I chose to stay out of the gym to prevent any further injury. I wouldn't mess around with a torn labrum because without it there to properly stabilize you run the risk of dislocating your shoulder, causing further injury or like in my case nerve damage. One thing I do recommend is keeping motion in the joint to prevent it from locking up especially if surgery is 12-18 months away.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever

Tags
injury, shoulder