Commanding My Body - Page 121 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Side Tricep – I feel like my tricep tightened up and detail is more visible trailing down towards the elbow

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 10-18-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Rear Double Bicep increased vascularity (especially in forearm), more detail on triceps and lower back

Ham/Calf sorry, no comparison shot for this one, shows the separation on my calve, some detail of hamstring, the video does my calves more justice

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 10-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

The website my wife has been working on is partially up (it is still under construction so you will see imperfections):
http://www.newageperformancetraining.com/home.html

I am on the bottom right corner, plus there are 2 more pictures, if you click on "Go Inside New Age Fitness" you will see me as the center picture doing towel pullups.

And if you click on "Tony's take on Training" above my bicep curl photo, you will see my cable crossover picture. Pretty cool!

Last edited by Commander; 10-18-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Mindwerkz is back to cutting...

what do you put your body fat at now? I see what you are talking about with the tri, good look.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwerkz View Post
what do you put your body fat at now? I see what you are talking about with the tri, good look.
I honestly have no idea, I didn't do calipers are any type of assessment. I strictly go by mirror.

Definitely single digit, beyond that, I don't know.

Glad you could see the difference in the tricep. Let's me know I am not crazy, lol!

Old 10-18-2010, 06:58 PM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Ridiculous man and now you're an internet star. Seriously Commander, it is a pleasure to follow your journal, awesome awesome stuff. Also, body fat has to be below 5%, I would guess around 3%. But it doesn't really matter what the number is, physique looks great.

Now do me a favor...let's get big and strong. Squat, bench, deadlift...repeat.
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Old 10-18-2010, 11:30 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

excellent work man! the pre contest carb depletion/load really did bring some more "pop" into your muscles. I mean..at your level you wont see a night and day increse, but you can definatly tell a difference. great work, you were an inspiration..and ill be honest. there were some days i didnt feel like getting up to train, but thought.."commander is going through hell, I can do it"..hahahaha

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
Ridiculous man and now you're an internet star. Seriously Commander, it is a pleasure to follow your journal, awesome awesome stuff. Also, body fat has to be below 5%, I would guess around 3%. But it doesn't really matter what the number is, physique looks great.
Thanks, trust me, the same goes for you.

Cool estimate on the bodyfat percentage, I'll go with under 5%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
Now do me a favor...let's get big and strong. Squat, bench, deadlift...repeat.
Will do, that is the plan. I'm gonna keep it simple, gradually eat more and climb back towards 200. When I hit 200 pounds bodyweight this time, I am going to be stronger and look better than I did before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
excellent work man! the pre contest carb depletion/load really did bring some more "pop" into your muscles. I mean..at your level you wont see a night and day increse, but you can definatly tell a difference.
Great, that was the idea, I agree it wasn't night and day, but it could make the difference at a show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
great work, you were an inspiration..and ill be honest. there were some days i didnt feel like getting up to train, but thought.."commander is going through hell, I can do it"..hahahaha
Thanks, those are really kind words!

And seeing you go through Smolov was an inspiration as well.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:51 PM
VeeKay should change his/her status!
Rookie

Ripped! Looking great Commander
Old 10-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks VeeKay.

-----

Took Monday off after my "contest", began working out on Tuesday, strength down due to the rigors of contest week. Ate a relaxed diet on Monday and Tuesday (lots of oats, rice and some chocolate bread) and yesterday started my offseason diet.

Trying to get comfortable with a new split. Seriously tossing around the idea of working out 3 times a day at least several times per week.

Assuming I can eat and sleep enough to recover (and of course, set up my plan intelligently), I feel the benefits of working out 3 times per day are:

1) I will be a Nutrient Partitioning MACHINE! - obviously, when trying to gain lean mass you must take in adequate nutrients, and we know that our bodies ability to shuttle nutrients where we want them is improved when we exercise, so I thought, if I could exercise more often, my body will be super effective at utilizing everything I put into it.

2) I will be able to squeeze in more total volume in 3 sessions as opposed to trying to do 1 gigantic session - I believe volume is an important part of hypertrophy, thus I am trying to get in as much as possible.

Basic template for pushing and legs will be:

Strength AM, Eccentric-Less Lunch, Volume PM

For example, yesterday I did ramping sets of 5 for Front Squats, Back Squats, Half Squats then some leg curls in the AM, Dragged my tire at lunch and then in the evening did 2 supersets; SLDL/leg curl/Calf Raise & Sissy Squats/Leg Extensions/Calf Raise.

Pulling days due to certain time constraints may have to be set up differently; Strength AM, Volume Lunch and Eccentric-less PM. This morning was bent rows ramping sets of 5 and lunch will be chin-ups, biceps curls with some abs and calves thrown in.

One HUGE problem with this plan, I absolutely suck at waking up earlier than I have to. Kind of ironic, I am a very hard worker, disciplined in the gym and with my diet. But I get anxious when I know the alarm is going to go off early for me to workout. I start thinking about how I need to fall asleep so I get adequate rest, but getting anxious isn't exactly conducive to falling asleep, next thing I know I have been laying in bed for nearly 2 hours not sleeping so now I think, I am not going to get enough sleep, might as well set the alarm back and just eat breakfast and go to work. OK, now you know I am neurotic regarding sleep, lol!

Last edited by Commander; 10-21-2010 at 01:12 PM.

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength