Arian's Rise to Power - Page 4 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 10-17-2010, 12:13 AM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

10/16/10 - Heavy Bench

Paused Bench
135/2
155/2
175/2
180/2

DB Seated Extension
70/5
75/5
80/1

So I had to work and did not get home till about 7:15pm, gym closes at 8pm. Got to the gym at like 7:30pm and did what i could as fast as i could. Rested about 3:30 mins between bench sets. Barely got 180 up for 2 reps, picked a good weight. Heavy deadlift session tomorrow.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 10-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Light-Heavyweight

10/17/10 - Deadlift

Deficit Deadlift
95x3
145x3
195x3
245x3
295x3

Rack Pulls
315x3
405x3

Close Grip Pullup

Used 25 lbs plates instead of 45 lbs plates so that the bar was closer to the ground so I would have to go lower. Wanted to work on my glute activation off the bottom since I feel like its slow. Wanted to do some good rack pulls but the lowest pin spot on my gyms only full rack was just above the knee cap. I was hoping for just below the knee cap cuz i thought it would be more effective but couldn't do it. Finished off with a failure set of close grip pullups. Deciding if I should workout tomorrow or possibly take 2 days off because i have jury duty tuesday and i dont know how long it'll take. And then i'm leaving thursday up to tallahasee. We'll see how it goes.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 10-18-2010, 01:51 AM
Mindwerkz is back to cutting...

Good work man, keep it up
Old 10-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindwerkz View Post
Good work man, keep it up

Thanks man.

Just giving an update. My plans got changed. I'm in Tallahassee right now and I did my race yesterday, it was fun, but I have to go back to Miami tomorrow. My dad needs my help with work so I can't stay up here till the powerlifting competition. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to do it now. I still don't know if I will have that weekend free to come back up for it and the registration forms were due 2 days ago. I e-mailed the guy running it to ask him if I can submit the form later when I find out. We'll see what he says. It will be a downer if I can't go and compete, but things don't always go the way we want it. Sometimes we need to make sacrifices and there is no way that I can say no to my dad when he needs my help.

My YouTube Page
Old 10-27-2010, 02:31 AM
Light-Heavyweight

10/26/10 - Paused Bench

Bench Press
185x1
165x3
165x3
165x3

Working from 10am-8pm definitely tires you out. Last year I did 195 and 200 paused bench in competition but 185 was very hard tonight. The last 2 sets of 165 were the best sets. Time to eat a bunch and go to sleep for work again tomorrow. If I have time, I will squat tomorrow.

My YouTube Page
Old 10-28-2010, 03:21 AM
Light-Heavyweight

10/27/10 - Heavy Squat & Dynamic Deadlift

Squat
225x1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkMFd8DbrbE
205x3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcQJpw5hOpw
205x3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ghqzlEWA4

Deadlift
225x1 for 8 sets (I think) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n6Shb8GsdA

Lets see, had an even harder 10 hour work day today. Working in some billionaire's mansion in Miami. Have to demolish and take out the air handlers inside and the units on the roof and then put in new ones. So today consisted of carrying tool boxes and gas tanks inside and on the roof. Didn't help that they had 2 stories of spiral staircases to get up there. Lets just say my forearms, feet, calves, and body were drained. Still workout felt pretty good. I believe I went lower in my squat on the triples than the single but still looks like parallel. Let me know what you think. Deadlift felt surprisingly quick for how tired I was and doing it after squatting. I felt fastest about midway through the sets but have to go back and really look at it to see how much my speed dropped. Anyways, let me know what mistakes you see in my form and technique. Any help is appreciated. My knees seem to go past my toes in my squat, which I'll have to try and fix by sitting back more. I'm done blabbing. Ate some rice and fish, time for bed so I can be recovered for more work tomorrow.

My YouTube Page
Old 10-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Form looks great. I love the guys curling in the squat rack and the dude doing 2 inch ROM squats, freakin' hilarious.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 10-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Form looks great. I love the guys curling in the squat rack and the dude doing 2 inch ROM squats, freakin' hilarious.
Heh, yea I was actually going to do a 3rd set of 205x3 but I lost track of my sets and someone asked how many more I had and I said 1 when it was 2. He ended up doing shrugs in the only full rack we have, what a waste. I can't use the half racks to squat cuz the barbell hits the safety bars before I get to parallel.

My YouTube Page
Old 10-31-2010, 01:11 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Have had to work 5 straight days this week with the last few days going late. So I was not able to go to the gym. It isn't the worst thing in the world, because I don't want to burn myself out before my competition. But I do have 5 more days of work ahead of me before I head up to Tallahassee for the competition, so I do need to find time hit the gym. I'm going to try to get to bed early tonight so I can go to the gym early tomorrow. Probably do heavy military press and dynamic bench. Then maybe get in one more light squat/deadlift day in. Will have a 7 hour drive on Thursday which will tire me out and then I'll have all of Friday to relax and get a good night sleep for the competition Saturday morning.

My YouTube Page
Old 10-31-2010, 02:51 PM
Light-Heavyweight

10/31/10 - Heavy Press & DE Bench

Standing OH Press
135x2 for 5 sets

Dynamic Bench Press
105x3 for 6 sets

Rear Delt Machine
60x15 for 3 sets

Everything felt good today, especially later in the sets. Gonna eat as much as I can before I have to go work.

My YouTube Page