Commanding My Body - Page 120 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 10-13-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

And for those who can't see these pictures, check out the album here:
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forum...php?albumid=51

Or just click here for individual pictures:
Bicep Curl

Flipping Tire

About to Squat - back

About to Squat - front

Tricep Pressdown

Dip

Cable Crossover

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights

Last edited by Commander; 10-13-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Wednesday - final day of depletion, 50g of incidental carbs

Lunch Break - Workout "A" - barbell and sled circuits

I am not sure what fuel got me through this...I can tell you it wasn't carbs, lol! But I did it, got through the workout. I am not gonna lie, it was tough.

Two more tire workouts (see the "B" sample), 1 tonight and 1 tomorrow AM. Then carb load and rest until Sunday, my pretend contest day.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:49 AM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

Those are some nice pictures. They should use them for a muscle magazine. Except they would prolly use your picture to prolly sell some product that doesn't work, lol. Can't wait to compare the contest day pictures to these to see how dry you get and how much more your muscles pop. Good luck!

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 10-14-2010, 02:06 AM
Ben2285 is doing everything possible to progress
Lightweight

Looking great dude! Why not actually step on stage?
www.denovonutrition.com
Old 10-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
Those are some nice pictures. They should use them for a muscle magazine. Except they would prolly use your picture to prolly sell some product that doesn't work, lol. Can't wait to compare the contest day pictures to these to see how dry you get and how much more your muscles pop. Good luck!
I hope it works, but if not, at least I already got pictures of my progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben2285 View Post
Looking great dude! Why not actually step on stage?
Thanks Ben!

I would like to be bigger, maybe 2012, that will give me time to add some nice mass.

-----

Thursday - first day of carb load

I had my final workout at 6:30 am. Then got to actually have a paraworkout shake with, GASP, carbs!

Already had one carb load meal, plan is to take in nearly 600g carbs today. I have to earn them though, after each carb meal, I have to hit the mandatory bodybuilding poses for 3 sets of 10 seconds each to help bring all those carbs into my muscles.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Friday - Second day of carb loading

Felt weird to not train yesterday. It was actually pretty tiring though, hitting the poses after each carb meal.

So far so good, starting to fill in, vascularity increasing. I was 169.5 upon waking so I am definitely not bloating up at all.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Saturday - final day of carb loading

Woke up again at 169, so definitely don't appear to be spilling over, my body is handling the extra carbs very well.

Posed for my wife so see if she could see any changes in my phsyique, good or bad since pictures last weekend. She was quite surprised actually by some increased vascularity and detail. I just hope for 2 things: 1) that I continue to look better through tomorrow afternoon and 2) that our camera is good enough to pick up the added detail!

Tomorrow is the big day, a few smalls meals in the morning, no water and then a final pre-pump meal of some fat, salt and high GI carbs to aid the pump up.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

FINAL RESULTS

October 17, 2010 - Contest Day

Woke up at 167.5 lbs, lightest I have ever been since about 1998!

Waist was an awesome 30.75 inches (that is about the smallest I can get it based on my hip structure!), 4.5 inches lost since max weight/waist.

Bodyweight average this last week: 169.4

Only had 4 cups of water on Saturday as Jacob's pre-contest article called for (my week was 1 day off the article, just FYI), water done by dinner time. The lack of water definitely had an effect. I won't pretend that it was drastic and the pictures and video won't pick up that much of a difference, but I was more vascular and some bodyparts that were lagging actually tightened up a bit from the carb load and water depletion. In particular, my wife and I noticed increased detail in my thighs, calves and triceps, my 3 toughest areas. They appeared to shed some water and show increased detail. Like I said it wasn't drastic, but if I was competing, I believe it may have made a difference in placing.

Here is a new video, the first half is similar to my previous video, but I decided to add close ups. Please at least watch for those starting at 1:46 into the video, you can see the detail in my legs better on the close up, especially the sharpness on my calves which I did not have until the night before. You can also see increased vascularity of my upperbody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQh5aa9jclI

Well, that is it. Diet is done, celebrated my Dad's birthday last night, so it was the perfect opportunity to indulge in a big meal and some chocolate peanut butter cake (2 pieces!). Today is an OFF day. I haven't technically "trained" since Thursday morning, but I have flexed HARD after ever carb meal for about 5 minutes (that comes to 30 minutes a day of flexing!) and of course pumped up yesterday so I don't feel like I have had an off day yet. I will be eating whatever I want today (not tons of junk, just lots of oats and rice mostly), and my wife said she wants to do some baking (chocolate bread and cookies!) now that my diet will be more relaxed and...wait for it.....off season. It feels cool to say that, I feel like I earned it. I dieted hard, I may not have competed, but now I am in my off season. I will come up with a diet and training plan soon, but for now it will be relaxed for a few days to give myself a psychological break.

------

Pre-contest week on left, Post-contest week on right

I add my own assessment, please feel free to add you own.

Front Lat – I can see increased detail in my quads

Last edited by Commander; 10-18-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Side Chest – increased chest striations, close up shows increased vascularity

Last edited by Commander; 10-18-2010 at 01:23 PM.

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength