Commanding My Body - Page 119 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 05:13 AM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

Wow...that's awesome man! Looking at your back pics, the thickness is insane. Looks like you lost fat only and saved all your muscle!!

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaydubyoo View Post
For some reason, couldn't see the pictures, but I did watch your posing video. Excellent work my man, you are shredded. You look awesome, and I always love to see someone reap the benefits of hard work. You busted your *** and earned a bad *** physique. Show it off, you earned it bud.
Thanks! It feels pretty cool to hear the term "shredded" when talking about my physique.

Admittedly, my legs weren't shredded...no striations. So the goal during the bulk is to somehow keep my legs lean so I can get them as shredded as my upper body next time I cut.

Hmmm, that stinks, wonder why the pictures don't work. If you don't mind go to my profile and check them out.

Here is the link:
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forum...php?albumid=50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
Wow...that's awesome man! Looking at your back pics, the thickness is insane. Looks like you lost fat only and saved all your muscle!!
Thanks! Back is by far my best bodypart. I really feel like I didn't lose any muscle because I dieted so slowly.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 10-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Diet update:

Bodyweight average last week: 171.7
Bodyweight average this week: 170.6

Sunday

Fairly low carbs, 1 intense posing session, 30 total minutes, first 15 minutes held poses for 30 seconds, second 15 minutes did 10 second bursts as hard as I could possibly contract.

Monday - first real depletion day

2 Depletion workouts, 70g total carbs for the day - NONE para-workout.

Here is my "A" depletion workout:

I aim for 10-20 reps on all exercises, zero rest, just move from set to set

Pulling Circuit - decline lat cable pullover 50, lat pulldown 100, stiff arm lat pulldown 50, sled row 50, sled stiff arm pulldown 35
Chest Circuit - flat bench 163, DB bench 52, Pec Dec 120, sled fly 40, sled chest press 50, pushups
Bicep Circuit - Barbell curl 50, cable curl 30 dropset 20, sled curl 25, band curl
Delt/Tricep Circuit - OH Press 70, band external rotation, tricep pushdown 70 dropset 50, band pushdown, sled tricep pressdown 25, sled front raise 20 (subject to change slightly, might add in some lateral raises)
Legs Circuit - Front Squat 120, Bodyweight squats 30 reps, Bodyweight Walking lunges, Backward dragging 50, Forward Dragging 75, Leg curl 50, leg extension 100

Did my "A" workout twice on Monday.

End of the day, I was dragging a little, getting hungry. I drank some water and did some ab flexing, it took care of the hunger, but even though I was tired, I couldn't fall asleep. Not sure why.

Tuesday - 2nd day of depletion

50g carbs today - all of them are incidental, meaning, they are coming from nuts, eggs and whey, absolutely no starches in my diet today and tomorrow.

Did my "A" workout at lunch. Will do my "B" workout tonight. The "B" workout is all on the tire which is great for the purpose of depleting then loading because as the contest article points out:

Doyle and colleagues stated that "Eccentric contractions appear to reduce muscle glycogen replenishment during the 1- to 10-day period after exercise." The reason for this is complex. However it can be broken down to the fact that eccentric training causes a higher amount of myofibrillar damage, muscle membrane disruption, and inflammation. Such consequences can slow glucose transport ( as compared to concentric training ), as well as glycogen synthesis.

According to Harold et al. (1997) "Glycogen supercompensation is best achieved when the exercise is largely concentric and the mode of exercise (e.g., cycling) does not disrupt the mechanisms of glycogen synthesis."

Tire work takes out the eccentric completely. Tomorrow will likely be the same, "A" workout in the AM and "B" workout in the PM. Finally, on Thursday morning, I have my last workout and it will be totally eccentric-less.

Sample "B" workout:
Walking backward in a crouched position, walking forward, sled front raise, sled flies, sled chest press, sled low pull, sled high pull - 30 meters each

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights

Last edited by Commander; 10-12-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Wizard24 is mixing up the diet.
Lightweight

DAAMN!!!

The End
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galations 5:22-23
Old 10-12-2010, 08:32 PM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Absolutely awesome. I couldn't see the pictures in the thread either but I checked them out through your proflie...ridiculous work.
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Old 10-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Shrinking should change his/her status!
Stranger

Great work. Your back is fantastic.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard24 View Post
DAAMN!!!

The End
Thanks Wizard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
Absolutely awesome. I couldn't see the pictures in the thread either but I checked them out through your proflie...ridiculous work.
Great, the profile works, not sure why they didn't show for you.

Now once this mock contest prep is done, it's time to get HYOOGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking View Post
Great work. Your back is fantastic.
Thanks!

----

Note to anyone not seeing the pictures:

Go to my profile, click on albums, October 2010, or just use the link below...
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forum...php?albumid=50

See if this works for individual pictures:

Some of my favs -

rear double bi

great shot of striations in my lats

front most muscular - my new avatar

side tricep

quads and serratus

glutes - not striated, but pretty darn lean

Last edited by Commander; 10-12-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Did tire work last night, woke up this morning just feeling absolutely drained.

I feel like it was the end of a day full of hiking, physical labor and a good workout, except it is only 8:30 am!

I guess that is what depletion feels like!

Old 10-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Here are some fun pictures that my wife took at a nearby gym.

She is trying to help the gym owner get his website up and running and both the gym owner and my wife thought I would be a good model to show off the gym.

I like the squat one because you can finally see my abs, they got washed out (outside sunlight) or were stretched (think lat spread) in many of the previous shots so you couldn't really appreciate them.

Last edited by Commander; 10-13-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

These aren't exactly as they would appear on the website, my wife will touch them up with photoshop and I have actually cropped them to focus on me, but the actual pictures will show more of the gym itself.

Last edited by Commander; 10-13-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength