Arian - Nothing to do but lift - Page 8 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 03:26 PM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

8/27/10 - Full Body 3

Squat-
190x3 for 3 sets

Bench Press:
160x5 for 3 sets

Wide-Grip Pullups-

I had to work with my dad for 10 hours and then try to go to the gym at night. Plus the gym was closing in like 40 mins so I supersetted squat and bench. My legs just felt drained to squat but bench went alright.

8/30/10 - Full Body 1

Squat-
120x10

Leg Extension-
125x10 for 2 sets

Bench Press-
105x15 for 2 sets
105x8 for 1 set

Skipped Deadlift

DB Press-
35x15 for 3 sets

As you can see, the past 2 workouts have not been good. I gave up on the squat during my 1st set. I couldn't even hit the reps I hit with the same weight last week. So i just went over to the leg extension and finished there. Bench was alright except for the 3rd set and then i had no will to even deadlift. So i did some calf raises to rest and finished with db press.

Right now I hate full body workouts which makes me hate squats and bench presses. Staying up drinking till 5am on friday night and 2am on saturday night definitely did not help. Working with my dad for 10 hours while he was sick also did not help. My head kind of hurts today and I feel drained.

I spent most of last night looking for new workouts because i am ready to put this one behind after 4 weeks. Since i am currently trying to put on size, i searched for a bodybuilding workout that would fit me. I think i found a 4 day split (chest, arms, shoulders & back, legs) that fits me well. I have access to all the exercises at my gym and most of the exercises are good (squat, deadlift, bench press, close grip bench, dips, bent over rows, shoulder press).

I am really considering taking time off from the gym from now till Monday and starting this new routine then. I have been slacking in my nutrition in the sense that my weight has not moved in the past month. I need to get serious and up my intake. Since I basically have nothing to do till possibly January, if i get into grad school, i have no excuse to not lift heavy and eat heavy (but clean).

So I'm going to continue thinking it over today but i am pretty sure i will be switching and getting 100% focused and trying to put on as much muscle as i can till the end of the year. my strength would still go up when i did bodybuilding style routines so im sure i will atleast maintain my strength. but with this new muscle mass, i should be able to return to a powerlifting specific routine and watch my strength increase.

Look for this journal to go down soon and a new one to come up as a new me is about to come up.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 08-31-2010, 06:06 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
Staying up drinking till 5am on friday night and 2am on saturday night definitely did not help.

I have been slacking in my nutrition in the sense that my weight has not moved in the past month.
It's not the workout that is the problem (not that it is any of my business, I hope you find a split you enjoy), but what you wrote above that is the problem.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 09-01-2010, 12:40 AM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
It's not the workout that is the problem (not that it is any of my business, I hope you find a split you enjoy), but what you wrote above that is the problem.
Yes, agreed.
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Old 09-01-2010, 04:42 PM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

i know. but i think the boring-ness of full body workouts makes me not want to try much. now that school has started and everyone has left back for school, i should have nothing to do but buckle down and workout hard. im hoping a new program will bring new energy and dedication. i just have to force myself to eat more as the most ive ever weighed was 180 lbs and then i just couldn't eat anymore food to gain weight.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page