Commanding My Body - Page 110 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 08-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
camping looked fun..now throw in a suspenders type rig w/ canteens and water, sling a weapon, put on a helmet and boots..lose the tent and sleep under a poncho..and you're in the army!!! hahaI wish my wife was a little more "out doorsy" she hates being out side..but I grew up in the woods..id love to go camping!i know how you feel trying to workout after a rough couple days. we went to sesame place on saturday...all day, my workout on sunday was just going thru the motions it seemed like
It was tons of fun, I wouldn't mind losing the tent, it was by far, the heaviest thing in my pack, ha, ha!

Send me the canteen, weapon, helmet and boots and I'll try it out.

--------

Leg Day - Miscellaneous

Squat - all sets 3 reps
120, 170, 220, 220, 240, 260, 280, 300

Deadlift - No Belt
326x20

This was brutal, butt on fire, had an instant headache after this set

Power Shrug
226x20, 2 sets

Leg Extension - explosive then squeezed at top
80 (plus 10) 130x5
105x13

Did the following in random order:
Hill Sprints x 6
Tire Sled Rows, Tire + 50 x 12, 5 sets
Tire Chest Press, Tire + 50 x 12, 3 sets, +25 x 12, 1 set

Later in day:
Bike Ride with my kids

-------

Weighed in a 176 this morning and my waist was 32.25. That is small for me, I have naturally wide hips. To give you an idea of my progress, my waist was 35+ on some mornings when I was around 200 pounds.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 08-24-2010, 12:41 PM
misterjaydubyoo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
It was tons of fun, I wouldn't mind losing the tent, it was by far, the heaviest thing in my pack, ha, ha!

Weighed in a 176 this morning and my waist was 32.25. That is small for me, I have naturally wide hips. To give you an idea of my progress, my waist was 35+ on some mornings when I was around 200 pounds.

Glad you had fun man! Congrats on the waist change. That is a lot of noticeable progress.

As for the glute thing, I noticed mine were "harder" than usual after the cut. While I never store much fat there anyway, it was really noticeable on.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...urrent=445.mp4
Old 08-25-2010, 12:51 AM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

Was that you asking questions on the eccentric less training on T-Nation? Been watching the videos and I just saw someone named Tim McBride asking questions. Thinking about implementing eccentric less training into your routine?

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 08-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaydubyoo View Post
Glad you had fun man! Congrats on the waist change. That is a lot of noticeable progress.

As for the glute thing, I noticed mine were "harder" than usual after the cut. While I never store much fat there anyway, it was really noticeable on.
Thanks, been putting in work and getting results. As you mentioned in BigBear's thread, consistent intensity will pretty much take care of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
Was that you asking questions on the eccentric less training on T-Nation?
Yeah, that's me.

Quote:
Was that you asking questions on the eccentric less training on T-Nation? Been watching the videos and I just saw someone named Tim McBride asking questions. Thinking about implementing eccentric less training into your routine?
I already am, anytime I use my Tire Sled, that is eccentric-less, just like the prowler they use in the videos. I personally love it, the whole concept of adding more volume without the added muscle damage makes perfect sense to me. The additional volume accomplishes two things: 1) added pump brings in more nutrients to the muscle to help recovery 2) another growth stimulus via the repetitive effort method

--------------

Push Day

OH Press - strict
100 (plus 10) 140x3
145x3

Incline Press
145 (plus 10) 195x3

Bench Press - contrast
120x3
175x3
120x3
190x3
120x3
205x3
120x3
220x3
120x3
230x3
185x10

Push Circuit:
Dips, Pushups on ground, Pushups on bench (easier angle) - each until failure, Tire Sled Press - 1 round

GPP/recovery Circuit:
Backward Sled (quad) Tire +70, Forward Sled (hams) Tire +70, Row (back) Tire +70, Chest Press Tire +50 - 2 rounds

Chest Isolation circuit:
Pec Deck, Cable crossover, Wide fly, close fly, pushups on bench - to failure - 1 round

Delt Isolation circuit
Lat raise (2 types), Front raise (2 types), Band External Rotation - to failure - 1 round

OK, so I went a little overboard today.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 08-25-2010, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Pull Day - Lunch Break session - more to come later

Sled Row 50x12
Band Row x10

Bent Row
125 (plus 15) 200x3
210x3

Circuit - 3 rounds:
Sled Row, Tire+70 x 12
Band Row, x 20, 20, 30

This workout left me amped for more, just trying to get some extra stimulation in, hope to get in a full pull session tonight.....or I may do another push session similar to last night, I haven't decided yet.

Last edited by Commander; 08-26-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Pull Day - Evening Session

Chin-up
BW, +15, 30, 45, 60, 70x5 - PR

Seated Cable Row
90 (plus 10) 140x5

Pull Circuit - 1 round
Chinup BW+20x12
Seated Row 100x9
Bent Row 130x8
Sled Row 70x12, 50x12

Barbell Curl
60, 70, 80, 90x5
60x12, 9, 8

GPP Circuit
- all sled exercises, all weights listed are additional weight, tire weighs 27 lb -
Quad drag 70, Ham drag 70, Row 70, Chest Press 40, Bicep Curl 40, Tricep Ext 40, rest
Quad drag 80, Ham drag 80, Row 80, Chest Press 30, Bicep Curl 30, Tricep Ext 20

Decline Reverse Crunch
BW, 3 x15

Everything felt awesome, I am schedule to work a midnight shift tonight, thus I will likely take the day off.

Last edited by Commander; 08-26-2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:58 PM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

Yea, now that I see your workouts I can see you already are implementing it. I wish I had a prowler or sled to use. The only thing I can think of using is my punching bag I haven't put up yet. I could put a rope around it and drag it in the grass. I might have to try that out.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 08-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yea, now that I see your workouts I can see you already are implementing it. I wish I had a prowler or sled to use. The only thing I can think of using is my punching bag I haven't put up yet. I could put a rope around it and drag it in the grass. I might have to try that out.
I'm not sure if that is a good idea:
1) You may ruin your punching bag
2) You can't adjust the load

I use a tire with plywood in it, I could care less how beat up the tire gets and I can add weights to my liking to fit the exercise.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Leg Day - Low End Deadlift - Did I mention I love this day?

No belt on any sets

Cambered Bar Deficit Deads
268 (+30) 388x5
418x5 - PR

Snatch Grip DL
296 (plus 20) 376x3

Good Morning
70 (plus 20) 130x5
150x5, 2 sets

Tire Work:
Backwards Drag, Fowards Drag x 3 sets, 35 lbs first two sets, 50 lbs last set
Row, Chest Press x 2 sets, 35 lbs

Miscellaneous arm pump work for fun

In and out in 1 hour, not bad for doing a lot of deadlifting and some cardio, absolutely fantastic workout

Off to my church's festival for fun with inflatables, several live bands and carnival games!

Old 08-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Crap, I just recalled that I forgot to stand on my 40lb plates, which adds 1.5 inches of deficit to the Cambered Bar Deads, I will have to scratch that PR.

------

Push Day

OH Press
100 (plus 10) 150x3

Incline Press
150 (plus 10) 200x3

Flat Bench Press
200 (plus 10) 240x3

Circuit to failure:
Pushups with push up handles, Dips, Pushups on bench, Pec Deck, 1 Arm Cable Crossover, Wide DB Fly, Close DB Fly, Pushups on bench

Sled Work:
Front Raise, Rear Delt, Chest Press - 2 rounds

Ab Bench
50 x failure, 3 sets

--------

I really felt like my calves were lagging in leanness, I made a targetted effort to hit them on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with an uphill tire dragging circuit. I felt like I got an almost immediate response and I plan on implementing my calve circuit several times per week to help bring them up to par.

--------

Diet Update:

Bodyweight average last week: 176.9
Bodyweight average this week: 175.0

I had 2 uncharacteristically low days, 173 both times, which affected my average. I am going to use 176 as my average instead so as not to distort my numbers.

I woke up at 173 AFTER a refeed, but a Sunday lunch at a Chinese buffet helped me get my weight back to normal at 176 this morning!

If I was on a bulk, I could have spent HOURS at this buffet, steamed salmon that tasted as good as if my wife cooked it, RAW sushi on the buffet, hibachi, etc. It was unreal, I was in heaven!

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength