Shredded by NewYears - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 06:23 AM
biglifter56 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Shredded by NewYears

Today I'm starting a journal to follow my progress on my weight loss goal. My weight loss goal is this: Weigh 220 lbs by January 1st, 2010. My current weight is estimated to be 240 lbs, give or take. I am not going to calculate my bf% but instead use the mirror as the final say in my progress. I will continue to do a bodybuilding workout throughout my progress, so the loss of muscle mass is not something I am worried about.

My workout routine will be as followed:

Monday: Quads/Hams
Tuesday: Chest/Bies
Wednesday: Cardio/Abs
Thursday: Shoulders/Traps
Friday: Back/Tries
Saturday: Cardio/Abs
Sunday: Off

I will do 3 weeks of 4 x 6 reps as heavy as I can go, failing around 6 or 7 reps. Week 4 will be 4x10-12 reps. I will incorporate drop sets, super sets, giant sets, negatives, and HIT. Cardio I wil start out with 20 minutes per session, after I have done my abs workout. Abs will consist of 3 exercises, 4 set of 15-25 reps. I will do different exercises in each abs workout.

The diet will be the most challenging aspect of this challenge. Dieting has always been a problem area of mine. I have, for the most part, been able to eat whatever I want and not really put on fat. Even at the moment, I do have some excess body fat, but I would not come close to saying that I'm fat or over weight. I'm 6'2 and you can tell that I've been working out for 9 years. I'm 22 now. I am going to implement some form of carb cycling after I have my diet set up. Currently my goal is to completely remove all sugars from my diet, unless it is first thing in the morning, or in my post workout shake. The rest of my meals will be as close to sugar free as possible. I am going to up my protein and leafy green intake, lower my sugary and starchy intake, and eat plenty of oats and whole grains.

I'm going to take a picture tomorrow to start off my journey. I will take it right before my first workout tomorrow. Every 4 weeks, I will retake the picture and see how my diet is progressing. Hopefully by NewYears I have achieved my goal of becoming a much leaner person.
6/18=228

Bulking till April.

Goals Get up to 240 by April
Cut to ~10%BF by july
Dont get hurt