Commanding My Body - Page 101 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 01:16 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

DIY powerlifting chain - my newest creation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6blRij0oSrM

Note to HardCory - this should further solidify my status as the MacGyver of Weightlifting
--------

Enjoying the day of rest, back is hammered from deadlifts, chest slightly sore from dips a few days ago.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 06-29-2010 at 01:35 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:01 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
DIY powerlifting chain - my newest creation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6blRij0oSrM

Note to HardCory - this should further solidify my status as the MacGyver of Weightlifting
Exactly, can't wait to see what you can do with some duct tape, a match, and a toilet paper roll. On a serious note during the bench press did you find yourself working harder to stabilize the bar?
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 06-29-2010, 02:59 AM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

LOL commander..you are THE MAN!!! only thing i can see, did the rope want to pull you over at all? a chain piles up nice on the floor, but your rope was just like "heaping" for lack of a better term...but really, im impressed! you remind me of my dad, always building things...and today I like to call myself pretty handy...your kids are lucky!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Exactly, can't wait to see what you can do with some duct tape, a match, and a toilet paper roll.
Sounds like a challenge.

Quote:
On a serious note during the bench press did you find yourself working harder to stabilize the bar?
Yes, most definitely. My "chains" worked better on the squat, they were slightly uneven feeling on the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
LOL commander..you are THE MAN!!!
Thanks bigbear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
only thing i can see, did the rope want to pull you over at all? a chain piles up nice on the floor, but your rope was just like "heaping" for lack of a better term...but really, im impressed! you remind me of my dad, always building things...and today I like to call myself pretty handy...your kids are lucky!
They seemed to heap OK, at least for the squat, I may play around with the height of the rope for the bench. I didn't feel pulled in any direction for the squat. Bench was slightly unstable.

Funny thing, my Dad never built anything! I am not sure where I got it from, only thing I can think of is that my desire to be cheap drives me!

I won't pretend it is as nice as getting chains, but if you have rope lying around and some spare weights, go for it.

I used a total of four 5 pounders, and twelve 2.5 pounders. And about 18.5 feet per side, so 39 feet total of rope.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 06-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Push Day

Today was completely crap. Not sure if it was an "off" day or if I am starting to lose pushing strength due to the cut, but honestly, I don't feel my cut has gotten to the point where I should lose strength, but who knows.

Flat Bench
worked up to 250x3 (PR is 275x3)
200x10

Standing OH Press - strict
100 (plus 10) 140x5
100x12

Elbows Out Ext. - 60 seconds rest
32x10, 10, 9

Ab bench - 60 seconds rest
50x11, 6, 7

Jump Rope
6 x 1 minute intervals

Tabata Heavy Ropes

-------

Diet update:

Around 187 after 12 weeks

Decreasing carbs and increasing protein, calories will be slightly lower than previous total.

2389 calories, 87 fat, 200 carbs, 202 protein - non workout totals

I was looking back through my diet spreadsheet. This will only be the 2nd time in my entire life that I am consuming more protein than carbs. Last time was in July of 2009 during my first attempt at cutting. I hope this will do good things for my physique.

Last edited by Commander; 06-30-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:36 PM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

I hate those days, I wouldn't overthink it just keep doing what you're doing. If we didn't have bad days we wouldn't appreciate the good ones in the gym.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 07-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I hate those days, I wouldn't overthink it just keep doing what you're doing. If we didn't have bad days we wouldn't appreciate the good ones in the gym.
Thanks, I need to hear that.

--------

Leg Day - Deadlift Volume

Deadlift
135, 185, 225, 275, 315, 365, 405, 425, 455x1
470x1

405x4
385x5
365, 3 sets of 5

305x10

Power Clean
135, 5 sets of 3

Felt good, deadlift form felt excellent, for once, my belt felt comfortable. 470 was near max, I might have been good for around 480 today, but I wanted to have something left for the remainder of my workout.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Back destroyed from Deadlifts two days ago. I love it.

------

Yesterday, I took a half day at work and went to an amusement park with my two boys. Wow, I am getting so old in terms or circular rides. I CANNOT handle them at all!

I grew up a roller coaster freak and that is what I love, however, the park we were at was a small one made for kids, so it was mostly spinny circular rides....ugghh, barf. I didn't puke yesterday, but I have rode those rides with my kids last year to the point of actually puking, not fun. Basically, I spent the entire day nauseous, I would ride 1 or 2 rides, then I would need a break so I didn't vomit. Once my stomach calmed I would ride another few rides. My youngest isn't tall enough to ride by himself yet, so it meant his mother (who also gets sick) and I had to keep taking turns riding with him. I am in no rush for my kids to grow up, but I seriously wouldn't mind my youngest growing a few more inches! And I really look forward to the day I can take them to Cedar Point and ride some serious roller coasters.

Off yesterday because the whole day was spent at the amusement park.

Midnight shift tonight, but I still may get in a push workout before hand.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator

So I ended up taking Friday off, I literally still felt woosy from the amusement park on Thursday....wow, I am such a wuss.

Worked a midnight, came home and slept Saturday morning.

-----

Push Day

Dips
BW+10 (plus 15) BW+100 x 3 - pr
BW+40 x 16

Standing OH Press - strict
90 (plus 10) 130x5, 140x4

Close Grip Bench - with chains, added 20 lbs on each side at the top, so 40 additional pounds
160 (at top) (plus 15) 220x5
175x7
140x9

Wow, these felt awesome, I love my MacGyver chains, these really taxed my triceps with the additional weight towards the upper ROM.

Face Pull
50 x 14, 10, 10

Ab Bench
50 x 12, 7, 7

Jump Rope
10 x 1 minute intervals

------

Fat Loss report:

I was trying to honestly assess myself, as to where I really need to lose fat to achieve the lean look I am after. I came up with chest, abs, lower back, legs in general and triceps.......then I looked at my list and realized that I basically named my entire body. So then I got to thinking, I put fat on virtually every where evenly. This is both a pro and a con. The Pro is that I don't appear to have any gross weak spots. However, the con is that over the years where my training was sporatic at best (post college until about age 29 when I switched jobs - so about 7 years), I layered on fat without really realizing how much fat I was putting on. I have dropped nearly 15 pounds of fat on this cut and I think I could EASILY drop down to 170, so at least 15 MORE pounds. I am not sure if I will make it that far since I have already been dieting for almost 13 weeks. But I am truly amazed at the amount of fat I had on my body while appearing to be somewhat lean.

Last edited by Commander; 07-04-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Chin up
BW+5 (plus 15) BW+80 x 3 - PR
BW+25 x 11 - pr
BWx9

Bent Row
110 (plus 10) 170x5
135x10

Underhand Row
110x12

DB Curl
27x13, 8, 8

Ab Wheel
BW x 18, 12, 10

Starting to get the vein on the bicep when I am pumped, that feels good.

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength