Greg: Ripping it up for summer - Page 5 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight

Results from the doctors are back and i have a H. pylori infection. 1 week on antibiotics and ive been advised not to train. so hopefully a week on monday i'll be fighting fit and back in the gym. Currently weighing in @ 158-160lbs. having trouble maintaining BW due to lack of appetite and i can only eat small amounts at a time otherwise i end up being sick. I've definately lost some mass but im hoping muscle memory will be on my side and i'll gain it back fast.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Rectify is back? Kind of...? :O
Bantamweight

Don't worry Greg, you will get back to where you were in no time. I'm back from my 4 day trip to Denmark (which turned into 4 weeks! lol) next week which means a month without the gym.

My muscles look a little flatter but aside from that i don't notice much of a change even though i've just been doing running, plyometrics and a few other things here and there. I'm expecting it to only take about a week to feel/look as a did before i left the gym last.

I guess how long it takes depends on how determined you are during a layoff to minimise the negative impact it has on you, but it sounds as though you're doing a good job despite your illness.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight

Well my anitbiotics are now finished and fingers crossed that im 100% better again. In the past month ive lost 10lbs going from 168 to 158lbs. Some of it was lean mass as ive noticed my arms, quads, forearms and calves are smaller. Only good thing is that my shoulders, chest and back are still pretty much the same. bf% is now @ ~12%.
I've lost 5% bf and 14lbs. works out to be roughly 3lbs muscle and 11lbs of fat loss. which is much better than i initially thought considering i've been ill.
Hoping to get back to the gym next week and for the first 6 workouts i'll do a starting strength format with chins, calves and ab work added in the second week so i can concentrate on core strength and form on the main lifts. During this time i will increase calories gradually until i hit maintenance cals, then back to the old non-linear split and an increase in calories that worked so well in the past. I may also need to throw in some cardio as my intentions this year are to stay as lean as possible, ideally under 14% bf all year but while still gaining muscle.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Ellingham is getting lean
Middleweight

what's happening mate?