Ellingham's in the Well - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Old 03-16-2010, 11:29 PM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Default Ellingham's in the Well

Ellingham,
Welcome to the well. All of us have admired your progress and dedication with starting strength and now your continuation past that, so I will start with this: What made you decide to start training? Now, since a lot of people who start to train fizzle out, what made you stick with it?

Also, I see that you are from London, so are you giving the United Sates any respect in their opening game of the World Cup against England (we will talk much more about this as the summer approaches)? And who do you like to win the Champions League?
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Old 03-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Ellingham is getting lean
Middleweight

I have recently been reading the "in the well" threads and thought they were a great idea and then thought i wonder if i'll ever be in the well, coincidence? who knows...

Hmm what got me into lifting, well i have always been quite small when i started secondary school (age 12) i was 5'5" can't remember how much i weighed, but my size didn't really affect me i excelled in sports football and sprinting were my strong points, was never bullied as i come from quite a tough background and knew a lot of people but when i left secondary (age 16) i had grown a total of 4" and not put on much weight, so as i got older i became more selfconscious about my size, it didn't help that my younger brother was already about 6 foot tall. One day i was at my nans house and i was in what used to be my older brother's room from when he lived there, he used to do weight training and boxing when he was younger and there were a few books he had left behind one was called 'Muscle' by Ian King and Lou Schuler i got reading it and thought if nature is not making me any bigger then i'll take it into my own hands, i bought some cheap *** weight and bench set, you know the plastic ones that are filled with plaster or some **** and started messing about with that for a year or so, saw a few changes but not much. Then when i knew i was going to uni and would be preparing my own meals i looked into the nutritional side of BB, stumbled across ABC did all my research, asked anoying questions for a good few months and then got Started. Sorry for the long *** post
Old 03-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Middleweight

Oh and the other two questions, i stuck with it because lately i have become kind of aimless, i am a jack of all trades, master of none. I mean i don't want to blow my own trumpet but for my age i was very good at football, hockey and sprinting. I am also quite talented at art and creative writing, but i get bored very easily as soon as something doesn't challenge me i switch off, or i'll get half way through and then want to do something else. With bodybuilding it is a constant challenge, there are always new targets, more muscle to gain, different things to learn to make what you're doing optimal. It gives me some focus at a time of my life where i don't know where i'm heading and the sense of achievement you get from reaching your targets is great.

Football wise I think the USA are a decent side and will give England a good game, i don't think they will beat them as Fabio Capello is doing a great job. I am an Arsenal fan till i die, supported them since i was old enough to understand football, so does all my family, so of course i want them to win the champions league, and after that 5-0 slapping of porto and no more chelski or real madrid i think we have a very good chance.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Gregsimo is on a one way road to mass gaining
Middleweight

What would you say is your greatest achievement in the gym to date?

Also given a choice of man city, spurs, villa, liverpool or everton. Who would you like to see claim the 4th spot in the Prem this season.

Oh and a 3rd one, before commander asks you
TOILET PAPER - Over or under?
Old 03-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregsimo View Post
What would you say is your greatest achievement in the gym to date?

When i first squatted 100kg for reps, it felt pretty good

Also given a choice of man city, spurs, villa, liverpool or everton. Who would you like to see claim the 4th spot in the Prem this season.

Sorry mate but i would say villa, i hate spurs, everton have no chance, man city shouldn't be allowed to buy success and i just don't think liverpool deserve it they have had a shocking season.

Oh and a 3rd one, before commander asks you
TOILET PAPER - Over or under?
Over the top, one sheet hanging down for a nice smooth pulling motion. I hate it when it's under i always change it round if someone does it like that
Old 03-17-2010, 11:39 PM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

If there was one bodybuilder/powerlifter you would want to be most like, who would it be?

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 03-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?

Gregsimo, not fair, I have sole rights to that question.

MacGyver Vs. Chuck Norris...who wins? (hopefully their reputation has preceded them across the Atlantic, otherwise, you will be confused by this one )

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 03-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
If there was one bodybuilder/powerlifter you would want to be most like, who would it be?

To be honest with you i don't follow bodybuilding/powerlifting so i can't really answer that. I mean obviously there's Arnold i knew about him when i was about eight and i didn't even know what body building was, plus he was in Conan. As for powerlifting iv'e watched a few of the worlds strongest man competitions if thats counted as power lifting, and i like pudzianowski that bloke is a tank.

Last edited by Ellingham; 03-19-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?

Shoulda, woulda, coulda...
There's loads of things when i look back that i could have/should have done. Just got to change that now and actually do something, then the book can be called, something out of nothing.

Gregsimo, not fair, I have sole rights to that question.

MacGyver Vs. Chuck Norris...who wins? (hopefully their reputation has preceded them across the Atlantic, otherwise, you will be confused by this one )

Chuck Norris hands down, Macgyver can build an airplane out of gum and paper clips, but Chuck Norris can kill him and take it. Plus he could roundhouse kick macgyver's face inside out
Old 03-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellingham View Post
I stumbled across ABC did all my research, asked anoying questions for a good few months and then got Started.
Boy did you ever.

...but I'm glad you did, you really soaked up the knowledge and APPLIED it which is key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellingham View Post
I mean i don't want to blow my own trumpet but for my age i was very good at football, hockey and sprinting.
Can you tell us about some of your achievements in sprinting?

I.e. events run, best times, etc.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano