Commanding My Body - Page 70 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbilt View Post
Work always gets in the way of sleep and working out.
No doubt

Quote:
You are lucky you only got 4-5 inches. I got close to 24 where I work and 12 where I live. It took me almost 3 hours to drive home on saturday from work and it usually takes only an hour.
I bet it looks beautiful, even though it's a pain to drive in.

Quote:
I got to set some strength goals for 2010 and hit them.
I'm with you, I had a great 2009, added 15 lb to bench, 90 to squat, and roughly 100 to my deadlift, time to make 2010 just as good or better.

------

Thought I'd get a work out in yesterday, but family takes precedence. After work, we ate an early dinner and caught Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakquel.

When we got home, my wife and I had 4 loads of laundry to fold and then it was time to put the kids to bed, by then I was dragging. It usually takes me 2 nights to recover from a midnight shift.

Work lets out early today, 12 noon instead of 3:30pm. Hope to get a workout in before visiting family.

Merry Christmas to all!

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 12-28-2009, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator

Trashed myself on Christmas eve with squats, front squats, bench and rack OH press. I knew it might be awhile before I worked out again because I'd be chillin' with my boys. So I just killed it in the gym.

I got in a DE deadlift and back workout on the 26th. Nothing special.

I am pretty much deloading right now.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 12-28-2009, 08:06 AM
superbilt is getting stronger than ever
Super-Heavyweight

90lbs to your squat and 100 to your deadlift is great results. I wish I could make half those jumps in a year.

This time I finally got a program I can stick to and I hope to get great results from it.
Once I stick to the program I am going to get really strong.
NO LIMITS!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ironbilt727
Old 12-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
90lbs to your squat and 100 to your deadlift is great results. I wish I could make half those jumps in a year.

This time I finally got a program I can stick to and I hope to get great results from it.
Well, I was starting the year pretty weak, I don't expect those jumps this year.

Front Squats and GHR today, nothing special again. Deload.

I foam rolled after squats today....I don't know why I ever stop foam rolling, whenever I decide to put up with the pain of foam rolling (with my lovely PVC pipe), my legs and hips feel so loose and fresh afterwards. I am going to try and stay consistent with it.

Last edited by Commander; 12-28-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Bench Throws
50x3, 2 sets

Flat Bench
70, 120x1
150, 165, 180, 195, 210, 225x3
175x11

BB Row (with pause at top)
110, 120, 130, 140, 150x5
150x9 no pause

Dips
BW, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50x5
BWx12

Weights are going to be lower for awhile, I am focused on completely owning each rep before I bump up weight.

For example, I've handled 225 for 10 reps before on bench, but today, I only did 225x3. I will gradually work up to my previous bests, but instead of struggling, I will be dominating the weight.

Huge pump, in and out in 40 minutes, felt great.

Now I am going to eat sushi with my wife...date night!

Old 12-29-2009, 09:45 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

in and out will do wonders for the mind too...hope you are having a great holiday season

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 12-29-2009, 11:53 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

my short workouts are usually the best..and like stated, helps the mind, and hope the holidays are treating you well!..can you explain what foam rolling is as well???
Old 12-30-2009, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post
in and out will do wonders for the mind too...hope you are having a great holiday season
Yes sir, my workouts have never been marathon sessions, but recently, they've been a little quicker than normal, which I like.

I am having a great holiday season. Christmas was wonderful, my 5 year old spontaneously shouts during Christmas breakfast, "It's Jesus' birthday!" and we all sang Happy Birthday to Jesus together, it was awesome.

I had a few days off from work which gave me extra time with the wife and kids which is my favorite thing in the whole world.

How are you enjoying Christmas and the holiday season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
my short workouts are usually the best..and like stated, helps the mind, and hope the holidays are treating you well!..can you explain what foam rolling is as well???
The holidays are wonderful, any chance to blast Christmas carols is a good thing!

Basically, foam rolling is supposed to mimic giving yoursefl deep tissue massage, which is painful, but when you are done, sooooo worth the pain because it helps muscle tissue quality.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...r_for_10_bucks

This is a great article on foam rolling. Shows you what it is and how to use it on various muscles. I'm hardcore though, I use a PVC pipe, much more uncomfortable.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:28 PM
misterjaydubyoo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Yes sir, my workouts have never been marathon sessions, but recently, they've been a little quicker than normal, which I like.
Exactly what I have been doing. I have been straight bustin it in the gym...still a good deal of volume, but shorter time. I honestly think this method will aid in cuts, and minimize cardio. Steve Michilak (spelling?) never did cardio, but insane drop sets and short rest periods. Anyway, sorry to ramble. Congrats on your progression in 2009!

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...urrent=445.mp4
Old 12-31-2009, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaydubyoo View Post
Exactly what I have been doing. I have been straight bustin it in the gym...still a good deal of volume, but shorter time. I honestly think this method will aid in cuts, and minimize cardio. Steve Michilak (spelling?) never did cardio, but insane drop sets and short rest periods. Anyway, sorry to ramble. Congrats on your progression in 2009!
You certainly have been bustin' it, I hope to bust it to your level.

Thanks, 2010 will be a good year as well.

------

Well, my training kind of drifted in December, I am going to get more focused though. I am going to do a conventional Squat, Bench, Dead, OH Press split.
My focus is still pushing strength and hypertrophy right now, so I am going to cut out assistance work on my Squat and Deadlift days, in favor of some extra pushing work. Today's workout is an example.

Deadlift - no belt on any sets
120x5
206x1
256x1
306, 336, 366, 396, 426x3 This was my previous best for 3 reps, it was easy this time
446x2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vg5iCfqFSM
356x8

I had more reps in me, but my grip was done after 8 reps, I think I could have gotten 3 or 4 more with straps

Weighted sit ups
10, 25, 35 x 8

Plyo Push-ups
BWx3, 8 sets

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength