Commanding My Body - Page 65 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 11:45 PM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Just left my comments on youtube for you. Yes, looks much better, just a few little things as I say on your video, but looks great man.
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Old 12-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
Just left my comments on youtube for you. Yes, looks much better, just a few little things as I say on your video, but looks great man.
Thanks Mike,
Here is my list of hip mobility exercises that I am familiar with and I am planning on using again (all squats just bodyweight):

Leg swings - front to back, side to side
Split Squats
Lateral Squats
Crossover Reverse Lunge
Good morning stretch for hamstring
Squat stretch (sitting in the bottom position, pushing knees out and maintaining a big chest and strong arch)

Do you recommend any others?
-----------------------------

Sickness update:

Congestion came back as well as sore throat, but only minorly and in the morning. I can beat this, I get today off because after work I take my 5 year old to bell-choir practice for a Christmas show and then I have a bible study. The day of rest should do me well.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 12-01-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I took of Wednesday as well. I actually only worked a half day, went home at lunch time and napped. I feel much better today, but still not workout ready. I have lots of congestion but it's moved to my throat, which for me, usually means that I'm almost over it. I'll spend today hacking up crap and resting so hopefully, Friday will be a good workout.

This is the first time I've missed multiple days of workouts from a sickness since November 2008 when I had the flu. Pretty good track record if you ask me.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 12-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Middleweight

Hey man, 3 things I recommend for hip mobility

1. Hip Flexion - Hold on to the dip bars with one foot on the ground. Take your other leg and drive your kneed up to your chest as fast as possible and extend your leg again (without allowing your foot to hit the ground) and then drive it back up. 2-3 sets of 20-25 per leg
2. Hip Extension - 'Single Leg Reaches' For these begin on all fours and take one knee and bring it to your chest and then drive it up into the air into full extension and continue this constant motion. 2-3 sets X 20-25
3. Body Wt. Squats - These just help you work on your form and I usually begin with my hands in front of me before moving them to my temples on the later reps. Just practice pushing your glutes back.

These are what has always worked for me and I find that you can do the flexion and extension about 4 times a week. Your squat is already looking better, no doubt that you will continue to get stronger and 405 very soon.
USAPL Raw Lifter
Old 12-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hey man, 3 things I recommend for hip mobility

1. Hip Flexion - Hold on to the dip bars with one foot on the ground. Take your other leg and drive your kneed up to your chest as fast as possible and extend your leg again (without allowing your foot to hit the ground) and then drive it back up. 2-3 sets of 20-25 per leg
2. Hip Extension - 'Single Leg Reaches' For these begin on all fours and take one knee and bring it to your chest and then drive it up into the air into full extension and continue this constant motion. 2-3 sets X 20-25
3. Body Wt. Squats - These just help you work on your form and I usually begin with my hands in front of me before moving them to my temples on the later reps. Just practice pushing your glutes back.

These are what has always worked for me and I find that you can do the flexion and extension about 4 times a week. Your squat is already looking better, no doubt that you will continue to get stronger and 405 very soon.
Cool, good tips, visualizing number 2, it sounds like a mule kick/bird dog type movement. Do you use them as a warmup before a squat workout and then a couple other times during the week? Or do you do all 4 sessions seperate from workouts? Or something else entirely?

I truly appreciate your advice and your encouraging words, we'll both be hitting 400 plus soon.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:27 AM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

thanks workout machine...those tips will help me as well, i feel hip mobility may be a weak point for me
Old 12-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
thanks workout machine...those tips will help me as well, i feel hip mobility may be a weak point for me
Hey, no stealing tips from my journal, give it back.....jk

Old 12-04-2009, 03:32 AM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

lol, sorry commander, i have it subscribed so i read everything!!! haha...another thing ive got from your gym..well youtube videos is a more perfected squat form...i used to try and stand up keeping my back as vertical as possible w/ virtually no hip drive, i have since revamped during my week off..and let me tell you...i feel the weight will pour on now!...your numbers are looking good tho man
Old 12-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Middleweight

Yo, I'm happy to send you the program, what's your email?
USAPL Raw Lifter
Old 12-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yo, I'm happy to send you the program, what's your email?
timmcbride00@yahoo.com

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength