The Trial of Dedication, a workout journal. - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 09-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Algavinn is transforming myself and others into avatars of health.
Middleweight

Hadnt ever gotten to posting my first back day in quite a while. My back and neck felt weird, if not a little in pain afterwards, but I kept it pretty light, avoided pushups and lat pulldowns, and it felt good to do. Also my first lower back workout in many months, which was no problem, though It felt odd.

4x8-135 seated rows
2x25-100 rows
1x15-180 dips
3x8-195 dips
2x20-120 crunches
2x10-90 L-laterals
1x20-90 Rotary abs, left and right.

In general I'm feeling better with my injuries. Recovery is continuing, and I'm avoiding bad/dangerous movements (even squating instead of bending over to pick things up now, since this did me in a while back) and lifts. I hope soon to start pullups again. Sadly my insomnia, even with my sleep aid, or whatever the actual cause of my problem is, continues to leave me exhausted every day, making it very hard, and now rare, to be able to go to the gym. To boot, in two days I have 4 wisdom teeth removed, luckily despite my age the CBCT scan shows that I shouldnt have any permanent damage from the operation. This will however put me back on narcotic pain meds and other stuff for a week, during which I dont imagine I'll be working out.

As far as my goals go, I still need to blast my biceps for size, but when it comes to my back its all about recovery, and my other muscles I'm really quite happy working for strength, endurance, and most of all metabolism. I think I'm going to start doing tabata intervals. This is something I can do fairly easily at home with bodyweight exercises, or up to 105lbs of weights. I really need to amp up my cardio, especially as I have resigned the ability of actually doing a strong dietary cut. I really need my own place again for that to happen...though thats looking like a possibility in a few months off.

Either way...off to the gym in a bit, given the infrequency of my gym visits I have the choice of what muscles to work today, given that I will likely work legs and maybe toss in some biceps.

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 09-26-2009, 01:17 AM
Middleweight

Weeeell now that I'm done recovering from surgery, and I'm almost done being sick with a cold after it, I'll be getting back to training soon. I'm going to start angling myself heavily towards conditioning and strength (except my biceps) and will eventually start rugby specific training.

For the next several months I still will not be doing any kind of free weight squads, or deadlifts of any kinds to give my past slipped disk adequate time to recover and heal fully.

"We must not forget that even in the most perverted and cruel human being, as long as he is human, a small grain of love and compassion exists that will make him, one day, a Buddha." -Dalai Lama

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 11-29-2009, 01:08 AM
Middleweight

well. Long time no update, as I've been injured, sick, and generally unhealthy for quite a while. I am slowly coming off the worst cold of my life, yesterday was my last day of anti-biotics, though I have another oral surgery in the near future.

So...given this I hope to return to even the most minimal levels of activity soon, including taking stairs instead of elevators, and a few basic exercises with weights, and perhaps soon some bike cardio. We shall see.

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 11-29-2009, 02:17 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algavinn View Post
well. Long time no update, as I've been injured, sick, and generally unhealthy for quite a while. I am slowly coming off the worst cold of my life, yesterday was my last day of anti-biotics, though I have another oral surgery in the near future.

So...given this I hope to return to even the most minimal levels of activity soon, including taking stairs instead of elevators, and a few basic exercises with weights, and perhaps soon some bike cardio. We shall see.
Good luck on coming back, it's alway frustrating to be set back, but once you get back into the gym you'll be back on track within a couple weeks.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 12-19-2009, 07:34 AM
Middleweight

I'm hopin so HC, though I'm only just now getting back to stuff due to utterly ridiculous levels of fatigue. I jumped off sleep aid, and while its harder to sleep, I'm feeling a lot better and Very slowly getting my activity level up. I don't feel sickly anymore, just under rested, but that's being fixed. Switching back to ZMA and melatonin to try to help.

Tomorrow I hit up the gym for some cardio for the first time in...quite a while.

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 12-25-2009, 12:58 AM
Middleweight

Really short body workout tonight. Hi rep set of squats, bicurl, back dips, delt raise. Just no energy for anything else, but its activity. Wanted to do cardio today but just dont have it in me.

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 01-02-2010, 01:04 AM
Middleweight

Bit by bit.

3x5 Stair Sprints
2x10 un-weighted squats
1x? un-weighted calve extensions.

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 01-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Middleweight

I have high hopes for this next term. I have a 3.5 hour break between classes two days a week, and have a normal two day a week schedule with my bro already, so hoping to fit in 4 days of gym work at least, every week. I'm up to near 215, I've gained a lot through all my injuries and rampent insomnia. The insomnia has been getting worse, but I'm all packed up and ready for cardio tomorrow, so we'll try to get the ball rolling and that should help my sleep. My goal is 180.

Tonight just throwing down some dips and whatever else I feel like.

5x20xunweighted Behind the back dips

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 01-16-2010, 02:42 AM
Middleweight

Arm and chest day at home. I've lost a lot of strength in my biceps, and general endurance.

3X20 Dips
2X15x25 curl (hammer)
2X12X25 curl
2X20x10 Laterals
Light endurance forearm curls, front and back
20 pushups

Thrivebodybalance.com
Old 01-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Middleweight

Keepin up regular cardio. I can feel the strength returning to my legs, and am quickly getting back into better shape with higher average intensity in my sessions. Trying to keep cardio going every other day, and some semi-regular lifting between it.

Thrivebodybalance.com