ABC...Team Occlusion wants your thoughts - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > Article Review and Discussion

Notices

Old 11-16-2009, 05:13 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

Default ABC...Team Occlusion wants your thoughts

Oxidative stress has not been demonstrated to increase with partial occlusion and exercise. However, when partial occlusion is applied without exercise, the oxidative stress response is similar to that of 70% 1RM to failure. Why do you think this occurs? The current two postulations are as follows:

1)the muscle contractions during the partial occlusion were able to overcome the resistance to venous outflow, which helped remove the oxidative stress markers from circulation

or

2) the pressures during the contractions were sufficient to enhance blood flow during the muscle contractions to enable adequate blood flow delivery to overcome the partical vascular restriction.

i'm not sure if either one of those are correct...do you guys have any theories as to why occlusion with exercise results in no elevation in oxidative stress?

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 11-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Does it have to be either/or? Both postulations make sense to me, I think each could contribute to relieving oxidative stress.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 11-17-2009, 02:41 AM
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Does it have to be either/or? Both postulations make sense to me, I think each could contribute to relieving oxidative stress.
i don't buy either one...i think HSP's might play some role

Old 11-17-2009, 08:18 AM
klosey is 51 visitors online right now ! Let's get that number higher!!
Super Moderator

2. as this could 'possibly' explain which occlussion increases vasucularity if the formation of new veins is the bodies way of getting round the restriction
Old 11-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosey View Post
2. as this could 'possibly' explain which occlussion increases vasucularity if the formation of new veins is the bodies way of getting round the restriction
definitely great ideas Commander and Klosey...gotta love ABC...i'm not sure how much of a role this played in the study though Klosey because it was an acute study, so i doubt that the angiogenesis would've taken place.

what do you guys think about the possibility that HSP's might've played a role? any other ideas guys?

Old 11-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post
definitely great ideas Commander and Klosey...gotta love ABC...i'm not sure how much of a role this played in the study though Klosey because it was an acute study, so i doubt that the angiogenesis would've taken place.

what do you guys think about the possibility that HSP's might've played a role? any other ideas guys?
here is the thing though, to my knowledge there is no study to show how long the body takes to start to adapt to this, could be days could be months, if boxers can start to acclimatise when training at high altitude after a few days, some elite climbers say they can adjust to the oxygen drop in a matter of hours, i see no reason why angiogeneisis (or the start of/pathways for) couldnt happen.

HSP? is what way bro? i know starvation and oxygen deprivation can increase in production of HSP's.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosey View Post
here is the thing though, to my knowledge there is no study to show how long the body takes to start to adapt to this, could be days could be months, if boxers can start to acclimatise when training at high altitude after a few days, some elite climbers say they can adjust to the oxygen drop in a matter of hours, i see no reason why angiogeneisis (or the start of/pathways for) couldnt happen.

HSP? is what way bro? i know starvation and oxygen deprivation can increase in production of HSP's.
KAATSU has demonstrated an increase in HSP's and HSP's have demonstrated the ability to block ROS. just a thought

Old 11-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post
KAATSU has demonstrated an increase in HSP's and HSP's have demonstrated the ability to block ROS. just a thought
interesting idea, i'd personally like to see a longer study, maybe a 3 or 6 week to see if the oxidative stress response reduces or stays the same