Fat burners? - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Supplement Reviews

Notices

Old 11-05-2009, 09:57 PM
AJR415 is a giants fan

whats wrong wit gatorade. I can bring some peanuts but I don't know about yams and all that.

Last edited by AJR415; 11-05-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:58 AM
Charles Izzo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I told you that your diet just about completely sucked and was just waiting to see if you would come back asking for the right help. Thats why I said things the way I did. Because I won't waste my time writing to someone if they aren't going to listen.

But obviously you want some help so I'll tell you some ideas as to what to do. You don't know why Gatorade is junk, bagels are junk, things like that. Well I will send you to an article. And I will give you the most simple advise possible, perfect for a beginner.

So far you already know what a descent breakfast looks like. I wrote in that thread. The only thing I would change is that if you have a day when you have more time for preparation you can have eggbeaters instead of the whey, just to make a good meal. You can also have some sort of fruit with breakfast if you like, but I don't recommend that for when you are trying to cut.

The diet plan I am going to recommend to you is from an article called "Summer Six Pack" by Todd Wilson. It is a perfect diet to start off with for someone who knows absolutely nothing about healthy eating. It will clean out all the junk right away so you can only eat good foods and you will be forced to learn real quick what good foods there are to eat. I can promise you that if you follow that diet to a T and stick with it you will get leaner, and you will learn better eating habits. Honestly, years ago when I was clueless and couldn't understand any of the other diets enough to even give them a try, I gave that diet a shot and it took me from 30% down to 15%, pretty good. I lost a lot of weight and then at least knew what food was junk and what food wasn't.

Other than that I won't give you any extra information yet because it will be better for you to learn what you mostly need to know right now. That should be the main thing for you to focus on for months to come.

But I will give you a few suggestions.
Breakfast: Do the meals like what you have already planed.
Lunch: You better suck it up and prepare lunch early in the morning or the day before. Chicken and sweet potatoes is a good one or chicken and rice. Pretty much any lean meat and rice will do. Fish is fine. Also include vegetables with all your lunch meals.
Dinner: Eat what ever your family is eating. Don't eat the bread or pasta. You can always eat more vegetables instead. Vegetables will provide plenty of carbohydrates. Stay picky and don't allow any extra sugar.
Shakes: I highly recommend 2 per day in between meals. This is important because it is best for you to have 5-7 meals per day to keep from going hungry and to keep your metabolism going. So 2 shakes per day will act as a good lean substitute. Keep a can of mix and a container in your locker, mix it in between classes with water. Easy! Can't fit a whole can in your locker? Ok, use a smaller container and keep it in your book bag. Easy!

Alright man. Those were just a few suggestions. But stick to the diet plan and you should be at a good start.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:19 PM
rootb33r is probably at work, daydreaming about the gym
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJR415 View Post
whats wrong wit gatorade. I can bring some peanuts but I don't know about yams and all that.
Peanuts/other nuts are good only for their convenience- they don't fill you up and are very calorie-dense, so I avoid nuts at all costs. I get my fats from additive oils when cooking, and naturally-occuring fats in fish and other protein. But if you need to, eat some almonds because you can pack them in a baggie and bring them along (WEIGHT THEM OUT). I weigh out 1oz baggies of almonds and bring them into work with me.

Gatorade is bad because it's made of simple sugars... so unless you're in recovery (post-workout), OR playing a high-intensity long-duration sport like soccer, football, etc., you should not be drinking Gatorade.

Yams are good, but because they need refrigeration I would suggest some whey + home-made granola as your meals of choice while you're at school. If you can afford beef jerky, all the better.

OH and P.S. I have to disagree with Izzo on one thing- I totally endorse fruit. I am eating 3-5 pieces of fruit every day and am leaning out quite nicely! 7:30AM with Breakfast, 10:30AM with meal#2, 1:30PM with Meal#3, and occasionally in between those meals when I get hungry at work

Grapefruits were my fruit of choice, but since the Ruby Reds went out of season I've been downing some Bananas. Fruit fills you up, man.

(Yes, I understand why fruit is bad on a cut- I've read the 13-weeks diet a billion times... but It's working for me, so I'ma keep on truckin')

Last edited by rootb33r; 11-06-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:35 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

hmmm grapefruit i have been reading is a thing being studied at moment, it seems grapefruit has the ability to help you lose fat during a cut through the stabilization of insulin response

Last edited by klosey; 11-06-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootb33r View Post
(Yes, I understand why fruit is bad on a cut- I've read the 13-weeks diet a billion times... but It's working for me, so I'ma keep on truckin')
Thats actually the only reason why I said that. Clarence Bass actually recommends fruits as well, and he's been ripped for decades!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:47 PM
rootb33r is probably at work, daydreaming about the gym
Heavyweight

yeah man, I don't know why... scientifically it goes against logic... but I love it and it fills me up. It's almost like my cheat, because if I'm feeling hungry I grab a harmless apple or banana

I've also heard that grapefruit have some sort of metabolic impact of some kind. I just hate eating the white grapefruit- ruby reds are the way to go.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Well, the way I see it is that so long as you are on a diet low in saturated fat and reasonable in good fats, the calories should be quite low. Other than protein what do you have left? Its the carbs (from good sources) you need to boost your metabolism and give you a lot of energy. Some fruit in the morning is nothing compared to a plate of spaghetti if you know what I mean. I suppose I would just try to keep the real sweet fruits low at night.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:25 PM
AJR415 is a giants fan

When I try to cut I will probably go on a Ketogenic diet. It is supposed to be able to burn fat while preserve muscle. However I will probably not cut for a while in case I do lose some muscle.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:57 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Quote:
When I try to cut I will probably go on a Ketogenic diet. It is supposed to be able to burn fat while preserve muscle. However I will probably not cut for a while in case I do lose some muscle.
as long as protien is high enough and you are not over doing cardio or having large gaps between meals you will preserve muscle
Old 11-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
You are currently at a reasonable composition so it doesn't seem to be harmful for you to work on building muscle right now. But if you did make your diet right you probably would burn some fat while gaining muscle. Because 15% is a bit high.

How ever, I don't recomment a ketogenic diet. Don't get me wrong, they do work. But they make you feel like crap and will eventually slow down your metabolism. Thats definitely not good for the long run. Additionally, if you come off the diet with a crashed metabolism you will gain a good portion of the weight back and have trouble losing weight again for a long time. And I will tell you something; I did it before and after several months the though of eating ground beef made me want to vomit. Couldn't do it anymore. The other problem with that kind of diet is that it is the opposite in some ways of the type of diet that will be more healthy in the long term. It becomes hard to reverse the habits and switch to new ones that are opposing. Carbs for example are your enemy with a keto diet. But with the diets recommended on this site, carbs are your friend and you need it. It took me a long time to give in to that. I was once affraid of carbs. But now days I am eating more carbs, feeling more energetic, and losing more fat, easily!

That is why I recomment for you to learn to do it right straight from the beginning. You will have much less trouble over the years and you will reach better goals of leanness. The diet I recommended to you can be made to be very similar to the 13 weeks diet, but it is much more simple because you don't have to count calories. Its a real good starters diet.