Fat burners? - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Supplement Reviews

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 11-05-2009, 12:45 AM
Chee Chee is offline
Chee is back on the grind!
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 294
Default

I completely agree with Charles Izzo in the fact that having your diet in check is the main thing needed as far as fat burning and weight loss.

I completely disagree with his assertion that caffiene is counterproductive to fat loss and that you will "come right back on". I disagree because of the results I have seen with it. I have lost over 40 lbs since February, all the while steady gaining muscle and hitting and setting new personal bests on all of my lifts since then.

Definitely not saying caffiene is a "magic pill" by any means, but it can HELP you attain your goals.

Charles, please don't take this as a shot towards you. That is not my intent at all. Cheers.
__________________
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 182.4 lbs. from 258.6
Age: 26

Goal: 185, Made it!!! Time to pack on some muscle although I am at my personal best in every lift!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-05-2009, 03:16 PM
RuSerious RuSerious is offline
RuSerious is pimp-a-licious
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJR415 View Post
I dont count calories or anything like that. I haven't really tried any extreme diets yet and because I am 17, I still live at home so my dinner is the same as whatever my family eats. We usually have steaks or burgers or something like that. For lunch I eat a power bar, a fiber one bar, and a gatorade to drink. I don't usually eat breakfast. As a snack I might have a buttered bagel or a banana or something. I am 5'10" 165.

How exactly does caffeine alone make you burn fat?
Good Lord son have you read any of the nutrition threads on this site? Get your diet in check because it's complete garbage. You can't train your way out of a bad diet
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-05-2009, 03:20 PM
RuSerious RuSerious is offline
RuSerious is pimp-a-licious
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJR415 View Post
I don't see how my diet is COMPLETE garbage. I admitted to not being that careful with it, but it isn't like I eat junk food all day. The stuff I eat is just what is most convenient for me. I don't buy lunch at school because eating that food is like eating dog crap out of my backyard. The stuff I bring for lunch is just an easy quick energy source for during the day. I also did make another thread about what I can eat for breakfast, which you obviously did not see. I figure a bowl of oatmeal and a shake or something would be good, based on the posts made in that thread. My dinners are good and I don't worry about them because I usually have some sort of meat with a vegetable side dish. The only reason I asked about pills is because I know wrestlers who have used hydroxycut to cut weight, and I wanted to hear some other opinions about something like that.

The main problem with my diet is really not enough calories, and I need some healthy snacks that can help boost up my calories. I need to have around 3000 calories and I have been trying to count lately, and am only getting about 2000, which is average but not good for making gains. Any suggestions on how to boost my calorie count with a healthy approach would help a lot more than just telling me my diet sucks.
Do some research before you get defensive. Your diet flat out sucks.

I did the research for you read these and follow them and you will lose weight. We wonder why the obesity rate is so high in this country because people are ignorant of nutrition and think their crappy diet and not eating breakfast is a decent diet but wonder why they are not making gains. geez

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/dietprograms.html
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-05-2009, 03:23 PM
AJR415 AJR415 is offline
AJR415 is a giants fan
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuSerious View Post
Do some research before you get defensive. Your diet flat out sucks.

I did the research for you read these and follow them and you will lose weight. We wonder why the obesity rate is so high in this country because people are ignorant of nutrition and think their crappy diet and not eating breakfast is a decent diet but wonder why they are not making gains. geez

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/dietprograms.html
Because I am anywhere near obese lol. And again telling me my diet sucks doesn't help, how about some food suggestions?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-05-2009, 04:57 PM
RuSerious RuSerious is offline
RuSerious is pimp-a-licious
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJR415 View Post
Because I am anywhere near obese lol. And again telling me my diet sucks doesn't help, how about some food suggestions?
You come looking for help but can't stand being criticized for your bad diet. It is pretty bad and stop being defensive.

I gave you the like so you can learn for yourself. Nothing in life is given to you. 7% BF certainly isn't given to you, that must be earned
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-05-2009, 06:20 PM
AJR415 AJR415 is offline
AJR415 is a giants fan
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 65
Default

I was only being defensive because I didn't like the fact I was bein like talked down to. I am totally new to fitness stuff, and I know my diet is crap, but as Ive said it is really the best I can do. I am taking your guys advice to improve my diet as best I can, and as you might know I have been making a lot of posts on these forums trying to learn more about gaining and what not, but there is no reason why you should compare me to ignorant obese people in America. Sorry if I am again coming off as defensive.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-05-2009, 06:21 PM
rootb33r's Avatar
rootb33r rootb33r is offline
rootb33r is probably at work, daydreaming about the gym
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 2,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuSerious View Post
You come looking for help but can't stand being criticized for your bad diet. It is pretty bad and stop being defensive.

I gave you the like so you can learn for yourself. Nothing in life is given to you. 7% BF certainly isn't given to you, that must be earned
7% body fat is given to about 0.01% of the population

Seriously, though... at 17 you should be trying to eat as cleanly as possible and as much as possible, all while working out as hard as possible. We all understand that you don't have full authority over your family's meals, but you can definitely influence your diet during the rest of the day.

No matter what you do, even if you half-heartedly try, you're still doing better than 90% of the kids these days. Educate yourself on nutrition and this whole "dieting" thing will come very easily... and you'll make smarter choices for the rest of your life.

Learn, learn, and learn some more. And after you've learned as much as you can, ask us questions!
__________________
rootb33r's Journal
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-05-2009, 06:35 PM
AJR415 AJR415 is offline
AJR415 is a giants fan
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootb33r View Post
7% body fat is given to about 0.01% of the population

Seriously, though... at 17 you should be trying to eat as cleanly as possible and as much as possible, all while working out as hard as possible. We all understand that you don't have full authority over your family's meals, but you can definitely influence your diet during the rest of the day.

No matter what you do, even if you half-heartedly try, you're still doing better than 90% of the kids these days. Educate yourself on nutrition and this whole "dieting" thing will come very easily... and you'll make smarter choices for the rest of your life.

Learn, learn, and learn some more. And after you've learned as much as you can, ask us questions!
No doubt, I have made changes to my breakfast using this forum. I am also goin to be using a protein shake that should sort serve as a meal replacement, so that should help. My dinner is always good and if worst comes to worst I just add another shake in if my dinner is bad that night or something. I just don't really know what to do for lunch, seeing as I am in school I usually just have a granola bar and a power bar and a gatorade which is like 600 calories. I don't know really how good or bad that lunch is.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-05-2009, 07:53 PM
RuSerious RuSerious is offline
RuSerious is pimp-a-licious
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJR415 View Post
No doubt, I have made changes to my breakfast using this forum. I am also goin to be using a protein shake that should sort serve as a meal replacement, so that should help. My dinner is always good and if worst comes to worst I just add another shake in if my dinner is bad that night or something. I just don't really know what to do for lunch, seeing as I am in school I usually just have a granola bar and a power bar and a gatorade which is like 600 calories. I don't know really how good or bad that lunch is.
Pack your lunch every day if there are no good options at school. Just make sure it's a good lunch like some grilled/baked chicken, yams, brown rice, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-05-2009, 08:44 PM
rootb33r's Avatar
rootb33r rootb33r is offline
rootb33r is probably at work, daydreaming about the gym
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 2,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuSerious View Post
Pack your lunch every day if there are no good options at school. Just make sure it's a good lunch like some grilled/baked chicken, yams, brown rice, etc.
x2... but whatever you do, stop drinking that freaking gatorade!

If refrigeration is a problem, other options include home-made granola, Venom Bars, beef jerkey, fruits, nuts, etc.
__________________
rootb33r's Journal
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.