Diet for obese vs. lean individuals - insulin sensitivity - Page 4 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > HYPERplasia Research

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

That's a newbie effect, I don't see that having to do with being obese or not. Bodybuilders who are obese for instance probably would not get that effect.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:02 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
That's a newbie effect, I don't see that having to do with being obese or not. Bodybuilders who are obese for instance probably would not get that effect.
ok man, i was going by the idea of someone who is obese, their body would already be 'primed' for holding weight compared to someone who starts as skinny
Old 07-03-2009, 02:00 AM
wordlife should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Excellent topic, Gabe

I'm actually the exact same person this post is about. I train quite hard and diet hard as well but whenever I allow myself to refrain from dieting and training I get seriously out of shape!! I gain alot of fat, ALOT, and lose alot of muscle mass!!

It was funny when I wasn't familiar with my body, I started my cut cycle by increasing my carbs and decreasing my fats, only to notice im getting fatter

Then by experimenting I understood how it works and i can tell from personal experience that the plan of attack that Venom gave is awesome... although I'd say that a little bit, just a little bit of good carbs in the earlier times of the day can't be of much harm...

But again i think although we are ****ed by this nature of body ... i think it still has its pros. I think we lose fat quite fast...following an extremely low carb diet I went down from 220 lbs to 190 in no more than two months!!

Now although I know this is about cutting but I think how to add muscle for this type of bodybuilders is also a very important aspect.

IMO our holy grail of bodybuilding is optimizing adding muscle and losing fat at the same time without minimizing both of them! Which i felt is possible for my body i dont know if its everyone like me or its just me...

I know my point of view is away from what is indeed proven but i cant push away those set of thoughts that i decided to give this a shot for a month...

I'm thinking that through a low carb/high protein/high fat diet, I'm able to lose fat due to the low carb intake, and increase muscle mass due to the high protein intake, while fats and other supplements can be optimized for energy. I'm hoping, well not hoping im dreaming that i can gain muscle just like i do on bulks, and lose fat just like i do on cuts by taking the best of both worlds ... as opposed to adding muscle and alot of fats on bulk and losing fats and alot of muscles on cuts! Well yes thats what happens with me whatever i do!

I dont know I just feel this working I'm making an online order of whey, bcaa's, creatine, beta-alanine, citrulline, mct oil and omegas... I think these maybe very helpful and I'll be starting this kind of diet with very intense bulk type training and I'm looking to see how it works.

I know i'll be critiqued that this cant work but hell who's gonna lose we need to try to know what works!!!

I'll keep u guys updated!

Last edited by wordlife; 07-03-2009 at 02:04 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:11 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Awesome man! I hope you keep a journal on here so we can see exactly what you are doing and track your progress. Sups you are taking are all winners so I don't see why it would not work...good luck.

On the getting huge and cut at the same time...I definitely agree it should not be an extreme where you get obese on bulks and lose tons of muscle on cuts. But at the same time, I think it is a huge victory if you maintain or slightly improve your muscle on a cut. Or only gain a few pounds of fat on a bulk. Gaining lots of muscle on a cut? I don't know...I think it may be asking to much. Same thing with getting cut on a bulk.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Lightweight

Thanks for the encouragement, Gabe. I'll be posting my plans for diet and workout for critique soon, and as soon as I start it out I hope I'll be able to track my progress in a journal although I think that's my worst part

I think I'll look for the impossible during this cycle. I'll do my best to optimize fat loss and muscle gain...I'll sure need your critique and everybody's as well. I hope this goes how I'm hoping it will, we might be into something.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Calvin should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Has anything come out of this recently? I'd be very interested in finding out, because I think I am very insulin resistant-- I can pack on belly fat very quickly (currently 210lbs, 21%BF). I had a lot of success about 2 years ago doing the anabolic diet (journal was on here somewhere). I'm overseas again and hitting it hard, and I'm trying the anabolic diet again-- maybe it works for me since I'm more insulin resistent?

I'm looking at doing malto/dextrose in the PWO shake, because I think I might be able to take advantage of the insulin response most people get on a normal diet-the only carbs I have during the week are found in brocoli and fibrous veggies, so that one hit of "sugar" might get my body to respond correctly??

Anyway, Looking forward to any progress!
Old 08-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
Has anything come out of this recently? I'd be very interested in finding out, because I think I am very insulin resistant-- I can pack on belly fat very quickly (currently 210lbs, 21%BF). I had a lot of success about 2 years ago doing the anabolic diet (journal was on here somewhere). I'm overseas again and hitting it hard, and I'm trying the anabolic diet again-- maybe it works for me since I'm more insulin resistent?

I'm looking at doing malto/dextrose in the PWO shake, because I think I might be able to take advantage of the insulin response most people get on a normal diet-the only carbs I have during the week are found in brocoli and fibrous veggies, so that one hit of "sugar" might get my body to respond correctly??

Anyway, Looking forward to any progress!
I'm trying to put together a plan combining many ideas I've had. I'll start in one week as soon as I get it done and get my supplements. I'll try making a log here so watch for it =)
Old 08-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Calvin should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
I'm trying to put together a plan combining many ideas I've had. I'll start in one week as soon as I get it done and get my supplements. I'll try making a log here so watch for it =)
Sounds good. Maybe I should start logging. I'm doing the anabolic diet witha twist. Pre-workout BCAA's with 12 grams malto/dextrose; post workout 12 more grams with Whey. We'll see how it works. I'm still trying to keep within the <30g per day.