Muscular Guys Have Been Weeded Out By Evolution - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > Article Review and Discussion

Notices

Old 06-12-2009, 03:11 PM
rogjodoin is wants to look to the miracle worker more than the miracle itself
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootb33r View Post
The logical answer is that the evolution of ape into human took millions of years. We haven't been competent or coherent as a human race for long enough to witness the evolution of apes further. Besides, there are other exogenous factors at play which will change the previous evolutionary timeline; it won't happen again in the same fashion. Humans are a species of ape that has branched out so far that all intermediaries have been "Darwinised," for lack of a better phrase.

I actually love to be proven wrong because that is the most efficient way of learning. You never forget when you're wrong.

No offense (seriously, I'm not just ubiquitously saying that), but the only proof your people have is a bunch of nut-jobs running around claiming personal visits from one of the trinity.

I honestly don't understand how people can believe in religion (Christianity, yes, but this also applies to any religion). It seriously BOGGLES my mind.
I hear ya about being boggled. I don't understand how people can believe in evolution and everything being so perfect and intriquit originated by chance. This totally boggles my mind. I guess we can agree to disagree. You have been given the freedom of choice, to believe in whatever you want.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:14 PM
GonnaGetBig is out of shape and in need of help

Well this is an argument no one is going to win.

To me even IF evolution were true it does not prove the Bible wrong. No one knows how God decided to create and no one knows what a "day" is to God.

As it stands right now I believe that God MAY have created animals through evolution but I'm not sold on humans. There is WAY to big of a gap between humans and everything else. You can say "well monkeys have DNA very close to humans...blah, blah" but take a look around you. No other species is even close to the same ballpark of the human race.

But what I don't get is why some people are so against creation. In my opinion the odds are WAY in favor of creation vs the theory of everything just being a random accident.

And I just don't understand why scientist will not even take creation into consideration but they will take just about any other off the wall GUESS from anyone who calls themselves a scientist. To me that is insanely closed minded and shows just how arrogant these scientist are.

But you know to each his own I guess. You can not argue someone into believing in Christ so I'm not going to try to.

For me....I just don't trust anything but the word of God.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaGetBig View Post
Well this is an argument no one is going to win.

To me even IF evolution were true it does not prove the Bible wrong. No one knows how God decided to create and no one knows what a "day" is to God.

As it stands right now I believe that God MAY have created animals through evolution but I'm not sold on humans. There is WAY to big of a gap between humans and everything else. You can say "well monkeys have DNA very close to humans...blah, blah" but take a look around you. No other species is even close to the same ballpark of the human race.

But what I don't get is why some people are so against creation. In my opinion the odds are WAY in favor of creation vs the theory of everything just being a random accident.

And I just don't understand why scientist will not even take creation into consideration but they will take just about any other off the wall GUESS from anyone who calls themselves a scientist. To me that is insanely closed minded and shows just how arrogant these scientist are.

But you know to each his own I guess. You can not argue someone into believing in Christ so I'm not going to try to.

For me....I just don't trust anything but the word of God.
I take genesis literally in its description of creation. Evening and morning was one day. I believe it totally removes the theory of evolution.
No, we cant argue someone to Christ, ultimately it is the Holy Spirit that coverts people, but if I see someone in danger, I feel I must warn them. Then they can make their own decision.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:34 PM
rootb33r is probably at work, daydreaming about the gym
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaGetBig View Post

Why won't scientists consider creation? Probably because it has no temporal merit. There is a book (or two, or whatever), that claims creation. And it's not like it's some logical way of creation, either... it's a giant, elaborate process that sounds like a Hollywood movie.

Hey, I don't judge people for believing... I'm surrounded by them. It pisses me off when I see people I love being brainwashed, but I don't try to mediate, nor do I judge them.

I had a woman say to me the other day "thank the good lord I haven't been laid off yet." Dubble-yoo-tee-eff??? Are you kidding me? You REALLY think that if there was a God he was watching out for you? Come on, there are billions of Christians in the world, many of whom face far more catastrophic fates than being laid off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogjodoin
I take genesis literally in its description of creation. Evening and morning was one day. I believe it totally removes the theory of evolution.
No, we cant argue someone to Christ, ultimately it is the Holy Spirit that coverts people, but if I see someone in danger, I feel I must warn them. Then they can make their own decision.
Warn them from what, may I ask? The advent of god? Armageddon? I'm actually offended that you think that you have to warn people.

omigosh here it comes.

Last edited by rootb33r; 06-12-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Rookie

if you saw someone in serious danger or possibly death, would you warn them or are you so cold that you would just walk by?
Old 06-12-2009, 05:28 PM
rootb33r is probably at work, daydreaming about the gym
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogjodoin View Post
if you saw someone in serious danger or possibly death, would you warn them or are you so cold that you would just walk by?
Really? You're really asking that?

Let's just say that you can go do your thing and waste your own time, while I live a perfectly happy and fulfilling life without wasting time reading scripture, attending church, and wasting my money on tithes to what is essentially a business.

Don't even get me ranting on the whole "church is a business" side of things.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootb33r View Post
Really? You're really asking that?

Let's just say that you can go do your thing and waste your own time, while I live a perfectly happy and fulfilling life without wasting time reading scripture, attending church, and wasting my money on tithes to what is essentially a business.

Don't even get me ranting on the whole "church is a business" side of things.
Thats your perogitive, (did I spell that correctly?) I guess we will see who was right in the end. I dont think living my life trying to refrain from things that displease God is a waste. If anything, it is good. I doesn't bother me to avoid partying,drunkenness,hate,greed,lust,cursing,etc,e tc. I don't miss any of that, infact I despise all that and I am perfectly content. So I don't see my lifestyle as a waste. And I won't have any regrets when I'm old.

I rather enjoyed conversing with you, we do share a passion for bodybuilding so I hope we can continue to do so on other subjects! I certainly don't want any hostility between us cuz we disagree on this subject.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:50 PM
Boddhisatva is try to get up after falling off the horse yet again!
Rookie

Wow, so this post went a little off topic. From an evolutionary standpoint, can we really say that we are less muscular? Do we have less potential to be muscular than we used to, or is it just a choice of lifestyle. I would definitely argue that evolution has increased our potential brainpower, but you would have a hard time convincing me that the physical shape of the common man is an evolutionary trait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogjodoin View Post
A guy once threw me out of the way of a bus and saved my life. Funny thing is I was standing in hotel lobby. I nonetheless thanked him and went about my day.
"Come on, Shake off the covers of this sloth," the master said,"for sitting softly cushioned, or tucked in bed, is no way to win fame; and without it man must waste his life away, leaving traces of what he was on earth as smoke in the wind and foam upon the water. Stand up! Dominate this weariness of yours with the strength of soul that wins in every battle if it does not sink beneath the body's weight"
~Dante Alighieri, The Inferno
Old 06-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Boddhisatva is try to get up after falling off the horse yet again!
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Natural selection is observable and can be seen today. So I don't really have a problem with the general assertion of the article; I just think it is baseless. This topic does not really relate to ape to man evolution, though.
I am not sure I agree with natural selection being observable today. In humans most of our legislature goes to supporting those who would be "weeded out" by natural selection. We as a society are consistently supporting and trying to give a boost to lower classes and those who need our help. Even most animals survival is based on their interactions with humans. Panda's would be extinct if they weren't so freakin cute! From what I see around me, human society has largely become what used to be natural selection.

I am not saying that any of these programs are a bad thing, only that they seem to go against the idea of traits being selected by nature to be advantageous and thus ensuring survival.
"Come on, Shake off the covers of this sloth," the master said,"for sitting softly cushioned, or tucked in bed, is no way to win fame; and without it man must waste his life away, leaving traces of what he was on earth as smoke in the wind and foam upon the water. Stand up! Dominate this weariness of yours with the strength of soul that wins in every battle if it does not sink beneath the body's weight"
~Dante Alighieri, The Inferno
Old 06-15-2009, 08:54 PM
sjohnston should change his/her status!
Stranger

i know this is remotely random...but in one of my classes we learned that the way humans are built has a lot to do with the climate that they were struggling to survive in...i.e. humans that had to live in a very cold climate were stockier and shorter where as humans that lived in places that were very hot were leaner and taller...a lot of evolution in our bodies had to do with retaining heat and the ability to cool ourselves off.