ABC Fight Corner - Page 28 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Old 05-28-2009, 02:14 PM
misterjaydubyoo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Mav, looks like you responded to my posts before I edited, haha. Still I didn't change much.

Yeah Machida fought BJ weighing in at 215, and BJ weighed in at 187. Big weight difference, but still a reputable win.

Anyway, Forrest should not even be anywhere near the p4p list. I can rattle off many fighters of who I think would beat him. I won't say he was lucky for beating Rampage, but let's just say I would bet a lot of money he couldn't do it again. Don't get me wrong, he is a great fighter, but for sherdog to list him as a top p4p fighter is just ridiculous.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:19 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickBU View Post
Oy, these are tough, cause so much of it is subjective and MMA is so much of a "what have you done for me lately" type sport. But for a current P4P, I'd go with something like this:

1) Fedor Emilianenko
2) Anderson Silva
3) GSP
4) Miguel Torres
5) Lyoto Machida

Those are about the only 5 right now that I feel comfortable saying are and will be dominant for years to come. Not necessarily undefeated, but they will be at the top of their divisions til time or their own choices stop them, not competition.

On a side note, I get BJ's pure talent, and that's why he has so many fans, but I don't get why he's on everyone's P4P lists. A jiujitsu ace whose done really well translating it to MMA, but he's 13-5-1 with wildly overestimated striking. His recent "impressive" wins are all over recently exposed one-dimensional fighters (see Sherk, Stevenson, aging Pulver). I need to see a dominant win over Florian to even consider im in my P4P top list.
Great list, I like that Torres was included, to be 37-1 in MMA is unbelievable. I completely agree with the BJ Penn statement as well, I think he has all the potential in the world to be on the list, but his downfall is he can be lazy. I'm really looking forward to see him and Florian go at it, Florian's improvement since TUF is day and night. I would love to watch him avenge his loss against Diego Sanchez.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 05-31-2009, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

So I read Rampage signed on to coach the next season of TUF against Evans. This should be an entertaining season, I just can't understand why he wouldn't want a shot at the title, what happens if he is to lose to Evans. With that said who do you guys think Machida is going to fight next?

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 05-31-2009, 03:35 PM
maverickBU is kinda famous
Heavyweight

He'll fight Shogun next, tentatively at UFC 104 in October. I don't think he deserves the shot with his latest performances, but in light of the fact that no LHW can seem to get a streak of wins going against top competition and his past glory, there have definitely been worse choices for title shots.

As for Rampage coaching, ugh... he's a great fighter and he's funny, but that's it. He's not a good coach or cornerman and I don't see how these young fighters are really going to improve under him. Its all about ratings, though, and Rampage is certainly good for that. Plus, he needs to live up to his "black on black crime" comment he made when he was staring down Evans in the octagon.

23-8 in the ABC Fight Corner
Old 06-02-2009, 11:49 AM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

wow...kimbo is going to be on the next Ultimate Fighter

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 06-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post
wow...kimbo is going to be on the next Ultimate Fighter
That's funny, Dana White should have fun talking about him. I don't know any of the other fighters on the show, but Kimbo will not be the next Ultimate Fighter.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 06-03-2009, 03:28 AM
Professor of Pain!!

i know everybody has been waiting for my much anticipated predictions...lol...especially Mav...i know how he loves to prove me wrong ...here's what i got for this upcoming weekend

Strikeforce-
Lawler over Shields
Diaz over Smith
Arlovski over Rogers
Randleman over Whitehead

gotta give love to my boy Tyron Woodley...we both wrestled in the great state of Missouri

Woodley over Woods

now for WEC-
Brown over Faber
Grispi over Pulver

Old 06-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Arlovski over Bison

Faber over Brown
Grispi over Pulver
Manny Gamburyan over John Franchi

Don't feel confident enough to predict some of the other fights, especially the Lawler/Shields fight. However, I would say Shields if I had to, but that's not an official prediction, haha. I am really looking forward to the Faber vs. Brown fight. I think Faber is going to win in dramatic fashion, and this fight is going to be a great one.

Last edited by misterjaydubyoo; 06-05-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Professor of Pain!!

i think Brown is a f'n brick house...i think the guy has been disrespected more than anybody...the funny thing is...i love Faber, everything about his style...but when i think of brown...i think of a tank

Old 06-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post
i think Brown is a f'n brick house...i think the guy has been disrespected more than anybody...the funny thing is...i love Faber, everything about his style...but when i think of brown...i think of a tank

You are right. He is a tank, and a great fighter. However, I believe Faber is super talented and trained extra hard for this fight, and we will see something special. I am not saying Brown is not talented, he is a beast, but I just think a hungry Faber will be too much for him.