Diet for obese vs. lean individuals - insulin sensitivity - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > HYPERplasia Research

Notices

Old 05-14-2009, 03:30 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Yup! Thanks for the input, J! I think that is my point: how can you manipulate hormones you are resistant to?
but yet so many will try...lol...i think the most important thing to keep in mind with the diet...is to NEVER make drastic changes...i never understand why people jump from one diet to the next anyway...it makes zero sense to me...i read it everyday...people saying, well i'll give high fat dieting a chance and they'll consume 50g of carbs for a couple months...then they'll say, well i'm going to increase my carbs back to 400g...what kind of response do they expect to get...my point...when changing diets...go slow...very slow

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity

Last edited by will-work4andro; 05-14-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

In that line of thought, J. I think if you train your body right, then all you need are minor adjustments. For example, if you make your body very sensitive to insulin, leptin, etc. Then you don't need to bump your carbs from 100 to 600! All you need is to bump them a little and you'll get the maximal response. In fact, that is the definition of insulin sensitivity - the amount of insulin required to get half the maximal response. If you require less, you are more sensitive.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Hammer should change his/her status!

Your at that special age where you and your friends can pull this off........I thought about you all night.......so I'm hoping you do it. This could be something really big for a career. Oh, by the way have you ever run into this "word" : Laminin, laminin in your microscopes. I just google it and look at the pics. Can you see how the lady that was lost last night, might get a desire to pray, with that inside. "I will never leave you or forsake you"............quite something. Have a nice day all.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Your at that special age where you and your friends can pull this off........I thought about you all night.......so I'm hoping you do it. This could be something really big for a career. Oh, by the way have you ever run into this "word" : Laminin, laminin in your microscopes. I just google it and look at the pics. Can you see how the lady that was lost last night, might get a desire to pray, with that inside. "I will never leave you or forsake you"............quite something. Have a nice day all.
what does this mean?

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 05-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
what does this mean?
i was wondering the same thing

Old 05-14-2009, 05:46 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Hammer i have asked you now on two occasions (and issued infractions) not to spam post and keep the conversations on track, therefore i have no alternative to temp-ban. my email address is at bottom if you wish to discuss this
Old 05-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Ben2285 is doing everything possible to progress
Lightweight

I really like your train of thought here Gabe. I have seen numerous recent studies on type 2 diabetics showing that those that can adhere a lower carb or even keto style diet can reduce or even stop their need of insulin. Obviously this is displaying an enormous increase in sensitivity to the hormone. And also as you pointed out, as someone heads more toward the "endomorph" phenotype or has increasting central adiposity, insulin sensitivity decreases.

Not to get off topic, but I really think you opened a can of worms here because this is really where I see or feel the USDA guidelines should be heading. The average person is still pushed for 45-65% of their calories from carbohydrate each day, with our average activity levels and metabolic profiles as a society I think these recommendations are obscene.

Now back to my previous train of thought hah.... I like your attack plan for the problem, I totally agree that increasing sensitivity to these hormones should be top priority. In my perspective the plan for an overweight bodybuilder/athlete and just a normal overweight person though would differ dramatically since there are many other confounding factors involved. (for example a bodybuilder would likely be driven, therefore would be more apt to deal with food cravings, the average individual may need keto (since satiety is usually greater) to stay on track).

The only thing I think I would add would be nutrigenomic aides like ALA, cinnamon, maybe a few others as they can have a pretty profound effect on insulin sensitivity (especially ALA).

I feel like I could have wrote for days on this but I know there will be great responses for me to reply to hah so I'll stop here
Old 05-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Ratcat is lifting heavy in less time.
Light-Heavyweight

I have a group of friends who are obese and I reckon every one of them is addicted to sugar. Plain and simple as that. If there was some way to block that sugar addiction their bodies would change. But like a drug addict they will do anything for a feed of sugar.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Professor of Pain!!

i must add to Ben's post...since i love my HSP's...alpha lipoic acid has recently been show to increase HSP's in skeletal muscle of the obese, thus how it may help with insulin sensitivity...had to give the shoutout

Old 05-14-2009, 09:17 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

YOU ARE KIDDING ME!!! I am in a rush, so can't respond much, but that is awesome research, Jer!!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.