Norton Manuscript 2009 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > Article Review and Discussion

Notices

Old 04-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Default Norton Manuscript 2009

Most recent manuscript from Layne on research being done here at Illinois protein lab...good stuff!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Norton_Manuscript.pdf (673.2 KB, 38 views)
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Ordo Ab Chao is SHEIKO
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Most recent manuscript from Layne on research being done here at Illinois protein lab...good stuff!
it seems to confirm the information Layne covered in his last JHR article. Venom, do you have any different/new conclusions based on this new data?
Old 04-30-2009, 12:17 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Nope. Only more data that supports the leucine hypotheses our lab believes in. We have several exciting experiments coming up which are going to tell us a lot more about our theories, though. This is an abstract of our latest experiment, which we are almost done analyzing.

Leucine is a critical regulator of muscle protein synthesis (MPS) and has been demonstrated to be responsible for the majority of the anabolic effects of a meal (J. Nutr. 133:1553S-6S, 2005). It is unclear if isonitrogenous protein sources containing different levels of leucine will produce differential MPS responses in animals adapted to meal feeding. This study examined 4 different protein sources (wheat, soy, egg, and whey) containing different leucine contents (6.8, 8.0, 8.8, and 10.9% respectively) on the potential to activate translation factors and MPS. Male rats (250g) were trained for 14d to eat 3 meals/d consisting of 16/54/30% calories from their respective protein sources, carbohydrates and fats. Rats were sacrificed on experiment day 90 min after consuming their normal breakfast meal or fasted. Measurements include plasma insulin and amino acids, MPS via D5-Phe incorporation, and phosphorylation of translation factors 4E-BP1 and S6K. Wheat and soy did not stimulate MPS above fasted levels whereas egg and whey significantly increased MPS, with whey being significantly greater than egg. The MPS responses were closely related with changes in plasma leucine and phosphorylation of 4E-BP1 and S6K. These finding suggest that leucine content of protein sources is a critical factor in determining protein quality as it relates to changes in post prandial MPS responses.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:34 AM
klosey is 51 visitors online right now ! Let's get that number higher!!
Super Moderator

ah good stuff, interesting about soy protien
Old 05-04-2009, 10:38 PM
President Wilson is hard at work
Administrator

Honestly that paper by layne and the experiment you guys just did and are doing is some of the most relevent ever for the BB community. I mean it completely casts a whole new light on skeletal muscle protein metabolism and its response to any given bolus of protein.

About me --> http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/presidentprofile.html