Green Tea inhibits Testosterone Production, and increase aromatase activity - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > Article Review and Discussion

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

It increased aromatase by 60%!!! So while part of it may be due to weight loss, it definitely lowers test by other mechs.

I definetly agree this must be done in people. Especially in bodybuilders/weightlifters. Should use it for 8 weeks and see how it effects muscle, fat, and performance.

While I don't know the dose dependent effect, I know I was mega dosing before. So I am pretty freaked!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Vlad is traalallaalal
Super-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
It increased aromatase by 60%!!! So while part of it may be due to weight loss, it definitely lowers test by other mechs.

I definetly agree this must be done in people. Especially in bodybuilders/weightlifters. Should use it for 8 weeks and see how it effects muscle, fat, and performance.

While I don't know the dose dependent effect, I know I was mega dosing before. So I am pretty freaked!

No [muscle-tech] about that bro! I think I'm averaging around 4 cups of tea daily. Heck, I have it in my protein shakes.

But as the old saying goes, everything is good in proportion (in moderation it is I think, but proportion sounds better). Ask Markus Rhul

Last edited by Vlad; 04-01-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:36 PM
klosey is 51 visitors online right now ! Let's get that number higher!!
Super Moderator

the study is chronic whats the gt to weight ratio used for it? just to give a statistical equivelant for humans
Old 04-01-2009, 03:56 PM
maverickBU is kinda famous
Heavyweight

not too worried about this one... the DC guys at IM.com (AKA, some of the biggest, strongest MF'ers you've ever seen) are green tea junkies and drink it in huge amounts. It's one of the mainstays of their diets and it doesn't seem to inhibit their growth in any way.

23-8 in the ABC Fight Corner
Old 04-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickBU View Post
not too worried about this one... the DC guys at IM.com (AKA, some of the biggest, strongest MF'ers you've ever seen) are green tea junkies and drink it in huge amounts. It's one of the mainstays of their diets and it doesn't seem to inhibit their growth in any way.
i'm intregged at what counts as chronic for example if rats at 8lb were given example 40mg then just lb for lb i'd need 1400mg per day (if a rat) not taking into acount different hormonal structure etc, to be considered as chronic use.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:35 AM
taylorryan is pissed off...
Bantamweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickBU View Post
Not trying to disagree with anyone at all... Just perhaps it varies from person to person.

Like anything really, some people can do it, some cant. Some can smoke two packs a day and live to be 85 and die of boredom, some smoke a pack a week and die from emphyzyma by the time they're thirty...

An extreme analogy i know but its all i could think of haha
Old 04-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

not interested untill direct studies are released or amounts used so i can have a vague lb for lb ideal, as i sit drinking my green tea with lemon
Old 04-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Boddhisatva is try to get up after falling off the horse yet again!
Rookie

It also goes to note that they steeped their green tea in boiling water for 5 minutes. This is too hot and too long for green tea, and will release more tannins (among other things). Besides whatever metabolic effects this would have, tannins have been shown to curb hunger short term in humans. Many animals are more sensitive to tastes, and this could have an even greater effect on the rats.

Personally I take the benefits of tea to be greater than the negative effects of these massive doses, but look forward to future studies on the subject.
"Come on, Shake off the covers of this sloth," the master said,"for sitting softly cushioned, or tucked in bed, is no way to win fame; and without it man must waste his life away, leaving traces of what he was on earth as smoke in the wind and foam upon the water. Stand up! Dominate this weariness of yours with the strength of soul that wins in every battle if it does not sink beneath the body's weight"
~Dante Alighieri, The Inferno