Train Hard, Recover Harder - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > Article Review and Discussion

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillesreborn View Post
wow this guy has no idea what he is talking about...scary
huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosey View Post
chris is one of best in bodybuilding, eleberate bro
while I don't know about "one of the best", I do always enjoy his articles and feel he delivers some very good information with a body to back it up.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 02-24-2009, 03:29 PM
klosey is 51 visitors online right now ! Let's get that number higher!!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
huh?

while I don't know about "one of the best", I do always enjoy his articles and feel he delivers some very good information with a body to back it up.
i mean at writting articles not in a literal glass charles way
Old 02-24-2009, 11:33 PM
T-DOG should change his/her status!

Ok, I do chest and tri's Monday, legs and shoulders Wednesday, and back and bi's Friday.....so your saying I could do chest and tri's Monday and Thursday, legs and shoulders Tuesday and Friday, and back and bi's Wednesday and Saturday and not over train??? Basically 2 body parts a day 2 times per week with only one days rest on Sunday and make gains without over training form it???
Old 02-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Achillesreborn is using his HIT Jedi mind tricks
HIT Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachE84 View Post
My thought is if you body does not tell you to stop (IE: stress injury, overuse injury, etc) then you aren't over training.
So you're willing to wait until you're injured before you rest?
Old 02-25-2009, 01:34 AM
MslAdct83 is making muscle.

If I push myself too hard (usually too high of volume) I get sick and I eat like a horse and my diet is tight! That's why I tend to follow high intensity style lifting protocols. Maximum muscular damage in the shortest amount of time. Get in, get it done, get out. Following this protocol has allowed me to continue to gain 10 lbs a year for seven years.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:54 AM
HIT Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MslAdct83 View Post
If I push myself too hard (usually too high of volume) I get sick and I eat like a horse and my diet is tight! That's why I tend to follow high intensity style lifting protocols. Maximum muscular damage in the shortest amount of time. Get in, get it done, get out. Following this protocol has allowed me to continue to gain 10 lbs a year for seven years.
Absolutely 100% agree!!! Anyone who says HIT is easy or that it's for lazy people has never tried TRUE HIT! It's exhausting
Old 02-25-2009, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillesreborn View Post
Absolutely 100% agree!!! Anyone who says HIT is easy or that it's for lazy people has never tried TRUE HIT! It's exhausting
tried it but the lack of gym time makes me end up changing it so i do 2 sessions a day. i enjoy training
Old 02-25-2009, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-DOG View Post
Ok, I do chest and tri's Monday, legs and shoulders Wednesday, and back and bi's Friday.....so your saying I could do chest and tri's Monday and Thursday, legs and shoulders Tuesday and Friday, and back and bi's Wednesday and Saturday and not over train??? Basically 2 body parts a day 2 times per week with only one days rest on Sunday and make gains without over training form it???
yes, some people train twice a day year in year out...but its also conditioning that effects this. someone who normal trains 3 days a week going to do 10 times a week would overtrain as the body wouldnt adapt, however adding a session or two a week extra after 6 month or so would not cause the body to have to adapt so radically.

i would suggest staying with what works though and not change it up for the sake of it
Old 02-25-2009, 07:50 PM
HIT Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosey View Post
tried it but the lack of gym time makes me end up changing it so i do 2 sessions a day. i enjoy training
I totally understand where you're coming from. I love being in the gym everyday and at one point in my training career I was going to the gym 6 days a week for nearly 2 hours a day and sometimes twice a day (following Arnold's routine from the "Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding") and I didn't "feel" evertrained. What did end up happening is I lost some strength, muscle started to deteriorate, and I found it nearly impossible to gain an extra pound because I was burning so many calories in the gym so I had to stuff my face.

I did manage to get great results on this type of program going from 126 lbs in 2004 to 195 lbs last summer 2008. My arms even measured in at 17 1/4 at 5'10". I wouldn't say I have "freak" genetics but I do think I have fairly decent genetics but even that much training was too much. Overtraining is defined as training to such an extent that the BODY doesn't have time to fully recover and so a slow-down or cessation of one's progress occurs and a period of rest is needed (usually prescribed as 1-2 weeks off from the gym).

HIT definitely feels like you stimulate way more muscle fiber, especially when you conduct every exercise with a 4-2-4 tempo, "It's Extreme" - Harold & Kumar (Extreme Punk).
Old 02-26-2009, 10:08 PM
MslAdct83 is making muscle.

I started just like you, but stumbled upon high intensity do to necessity. I still wanted to train hard and make good consistent gains, but I needed more time for school. I'm glad I made the switch. I used to get sick (as I said before), and gains in strength/mass were more difficult for me to come by as well. At 5'7" I've gone from 135lbs to 215. I've got about three more months before I start butting again and I'd like to be at least 225 before. I wouldn't say I keep myself tight, but I'm definitely not letting myself go. Last summer I would have competed somewhere around 180, by the way things are going I'm looking at 190. Should be awesome!