Daily Devotional - Page 8 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > The Sanctuary

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 11:00 PM
fightbackhxc21 is the best part of waking up, is protein in your cup!
Middleweight

has anyone read The Shack?

www.biolayne.com
http://www.scivation.com/forums/show...6536#post26536

www.c28.com
Old 02-13-2009, 11:01 PM
rickck48 is tryin harder!
Middleweight

Knowing we should share love and doing it to someone we don't even know, sometimes seperates us. Love above all things keeps me going when I know My Lord love me. My family loves me, it feels good. One thing that runs out no matter how much you give out, LOVE. Great job on this daily devotional.

Goal: NOT there Yet, But haven't quit either!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 02-14-2009, 12:20 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightbackhxc21 View Post
has anyone read The Shack?
I haven't, what is it?
Old 02-14-2009, 04:11 AM
fightbackhxc21 is the best part of waking up, is protein in your cup!
Middleweight

its a semi-fictional story. its good you should look into it.

www.biolayne.com
http://www.scivation.com/forums/show...6536#post26536

www.c28.com
Old 02-14-2009, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I read the description and it definitely sounds like something my wife and I would read, probably trigger some emotions having a daughter myself.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

Default Feb. 14

February 14, 2009

Written In Red

READ: 1 John 4:7-19

God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. —1 John 4:9

My first Bible was printed mostly in black type, but some of its words were in red. It didn’t take me long to discover that the ones in red had been spoken by Jesus.

More than 100 years ago, a man named Louis Klopsch published the first “red-letter” Bible. As he thought about Jesus’ words in Luke 22:20, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you,” he purposely used blood-red ink to call specific attention to His words.

The words of the Bible are priceless to us because they tell of the “love letter” God sent 2,000 years ago in the Person of His Son (1 John 4:10).

Jesus’ purpose in coming to earth as a Man was to die, to be sacrificed, to give His life for ours. God’s plan was written in red—written with “the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot” (1 Peter 1:19).

Those of us who have accepted God’s gift of love are called to be “letters” to those who don’t know Him. We are epistles of Christ “written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God” (2 Cor. 3:3).

Long before a day in February was set aside to celebrate love, the world received a love letter—and that changed everything (John 3:16). — Cindy Hess Kasper

If you’d like to know the love of God the Father,
Come to Him through Jesus Christ, His loving Son;
He’ll forgive your sins and save your soul forever,
And you’ll love forevermore this faithful One. —Felten

Nothing speaks more clearly of God’s love than the cross of Jesus Christ.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Crazy thing I was at my grandparents tonight and out of the corner of my eye this book caught my attention. It's funny how God works, I'll definitely have to read it now.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

Default Feb. 15

February 15, 2009

Drift

READ: Hebrews 2:1-9

We must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. —Hebrews 2:1

In the 1923 silent movie Our Hospitality, comedian and acrobat Buster Keaton performed a daring stunt near a waterfall. A retaining line, called a “holdback” cable, hidden in the water and attached to him, kept him from being carried over the falls.

During filming, the cable broke, and Keaton was swept toward the falls. He managed to grab an overhanging branch, which he clung to until the crew could rescue him. The dramatic scene appears in the finished film.

Drifting into unintended hazards can make for exciting film footage. In real life, however, dangers of this kind are usually marked with warning signs to prevent people from venturing into harm’s way.

Similarly, the Bible has provided us with warning signs about drifting from the safety of God’s Word. “Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away” (Heb. 2:1).

When we don’t cling to God’s Word through study and reflection, it’s easy to drift. Like a swift stream, the attractions of this fallen world draw us toward sin. But as we meditate on Scripture and seek the Holy Spirit’s guidance, we learn the reality of our spiritual anchor and are kept secure—even in the dangers of the world’s current. — Dennis Fisher

The Bible stands like a rock undaunted
’Mid the raging storms of time;
Its pages burn with the truth eternal,
And they glow with a light sublime. —Lillenas
© Renewal 1945 Haldor Lillenas.

The compass of God’s Word will keep you from spiritual shipwreck.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:14 PM
rickck48 is tryin harder!
Middleweight

This is a good one. Drifting is so easy to do in this world. The world tells us everything we do is ok, and grab what you can for the gusto. Drifting, will come so easy if we put our eyes and mind on things other than seeking the Kingdom of God first. Great job on todays post.

Goal: NOT there Yet, But haven't quit either!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Default Feb. 16

February 16, 2009

The Answers

READ: 1 John 3:1-9

Beloved, now we are children of God. —1 John 3:2

The story is told that the philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer (1788–1860) was sauntering through Berlin’s famous Tiergarden one day, mentally probing the questions of origin and destiny that had been constantly perplexing him: Who am I? Where am I going?

A park-keeper, closely observing the shabbily dressed philosopher as he walked slowly with head bowed, suspected that Schopenhauer was a tramp. So he walked up to the philosopher and demanded, “Who are you? Where are you going?” With a pained expression, Schopenhauer replied, “I don’t know. I wish somebody could tell me.”

Are you ever perplexed by those same questions? Who am I? Where am I going? What a comfort it is to have God’s authoritative answers in the Bible. Who are we? In 1 John 3, John calls his readers “children of God” (v.2). We become His children by receiving Jesus as our Savior from sin (John 1:12). And where are we going? John 14:1-6 tells us that one day He will receive us into a home He is preparing in heaven.

Our Maker is not only the Author of science and history, but He writes the story of every member of Adam’s family—yours and mine. We can trust His answers. — Vernon C. Grounds

Open my ears, that I may hear
Voices of truth Thou sendest clear;
And while the wave-notes fall on my ear,
Everything false will disappear. —Scott

When you know Jesus, you know who you are and where you’re going.