Daily Devotional - Page 5 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > The Sanctuary

Notices

Old 02-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Ratcat is lifting heavy in less time.
Light-Heavyweight

Yes. Good link Fightback and thanks everybody for the thread.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:29 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Good stuff, made me think if I have added an extra ingredients.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator

Default Feb. 4

The Great Storyteller

READ: Luke 15:11-24

Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them. —Matthew 13:34

In his book Teacher Man, Pulitzer Prize-winner Frank McCourt reflects on his 30 years as a teacher in New York City high schools. He used a variety of techniques in his English and creative writing classes, but one that seemed to surface again and again was the power of a compelling story to capture attention and encourage learning.

This method of instruction was used by the greatest Teacher of all—the Lord Jesus Christ. The scholarly religious leader Nicodemus said to Jesus, “We know that You are a teacher come from God” (John 3:2). Yet when Jesus addressed the crowds that followed Him, He didn’t recite great truths of the Talmud. Rather, He spoke with the homespun style of a storyteller.

The parables of Jesus endure because they showcase matters of the heart. Through the story of the Pharisee and tax collector (Luke 18), we learn about God’s grace and forgiveness. And the story of the prodigal son (Luke 15) showcases God’s love for repentant sinners.

The inspired parables of Jesus teach us about Him and the life He wants us to lead. We too can use our faith-stories to point others to the ultimate Storyteller and Teacher, whose own life is the greatest story ever told. — Dennis Fisher

Take control of my words today,
May they tell of Your great love;
And may the story of Your grace
Turn some heart to You above. —Sees

A good way to learn God’s truth is to teach it to others.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
We too can use our faith-stories to point others to the ultimate Storyteller and Teacher, whose own life is the greatest story ever told. — Dennis Fisher
That is a great reminder. Our personal salvation story will likely do far more to influence others to think positively of Christ then trying to jam biblical truth down their throat.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 02-04-2009, 05:24 PM
fightbackhxc21 is the best part of waking up, is protein in your cup!
Middleweight

its awesome to see how many people are utilizing The Sanctuary Forum now.

www.biolayne.com
http://www.scivation.com/forums/show...6536#post26536

www.c28.com
Old 02-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightbackhxc21 View Post
its awesome to see how many people are utilizing The Sanctuary Forum now.
I agree, the way I look at it we are the body of Christ. Every member of the body has a different purpose, but we all need each other to function properly. Much like the human body, now the purpose of bodybuilding is to strengthen and develop each muscle. I believe in the same way this forum can strengthen and develop each member of the body so they can be better equipped to serve the Lord.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator

Default Feb. 5

February 5, 2009

The Search For Peace

READ: Philippians 4:4-12

The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds. —Philippians 4:7

At the height of their popularity, creativity, and wealth, the Beatles produced a controversial project called “The White Album.” It signaled the breakup of the band by featuring pieces that were primarily individual in nature instead of collaborative.

It also revealed a growing disenchantment with all that their fame had produced. In his song “I’m So Tired,” John Lennon expressed the emptiness of his “successful” and wealthy life with these profound words: “I’d give you everything I’ve got for a little peace of mind.” All that he had, all that he had accomplished, and all that he had become could not meet this simple, yet deep, personal need.

The world we live in cannot offer peace. It offers only poor options. Pleasure, power, and possessions are no substitute for peace of heart and mind.

Paul reminded the believers at Philippi, “The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” (Phil. 4:7). This is the peace God brings to those who have been reconciled to God by faith in His Son Jesus (Eph. 2:14-16). It is a peace we are to share with a world that is desperate for it.

Peace—real peace—is found only in a relationship with Jesus. Have you received His peace? — Bill Crowder

Finding Real Peace
Accept the reconciliation God offers by asking Him
to forgive you. Believe that His Son Jesus died on the
cross for your sins and was raised from the dead.

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. —Jesus
Old 02-06-2009, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator

Default Feb. 6

February 6, 2009

Rise Up!

READ: John 20:1-8,19-20

You, being dead in your trespasses, . . . He has made alive together with Him. —Colossians 2:13

On February 6, 1958, a chartered plane carrying most of the members of the English football (soccer) club Manchester United crashed on takeoff from Munich, Germany. With so many of their star players lost, some despaired over prospects for the club’s survival. Yet today it is one of the best-known teams in the world. Fittingly, the man who rebuilt the team, Matt Busby, survived the crash himself.

Nearly 2,000 years ago, Jesus’ arrest and subsequent crucifixion caused many of His followers to despair. The disciples themselves had lost hope. But their despondency evaporated on that first Easter morning when they found that the stone sealing the tomb had been moved aside (John 20:1). Jesus had risen!

Jesus soon appeared to Mary Magdalene (vv.11-16) and then to His disciples, who had gathered behind locked doors (v.19). His visit brought a remarkable change in them. As one version renders it, they were “overjoyed” (v.20 NIV).

Perhaps your world has crashed around you. It may be a deeply personal loss, a tragedy in your family, or some other great trial. Jesus’ resurrection proved that He is greater than the greatest obstacles. He can rebuild your life—as He did with His disciples—starting today. — C. P. Hia

He rose! And with Him hope arose, and life and light.
Men said, “Not Christ, but death, died yesternight.”
And joy and truth and all things virtuous
Rose when He rose. —Anon.

God can turn any difficulty into an opportunity.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

Default Feb. 7

February 7, 2009

Turkish Delight

READ: John 21:15-19

Your law is my delight. —Psalm 119:174

In C. S. Lewis’ The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, the White Witch needed to know only one thing about Edmund to get him to betray his siblings. By asking a few simple questions, the witch learned that Edmund’s weakness was his love for a candy called Turkish Delight. The piece she gave to Edmund was more delicious than anything he had ever tasted. Soon Edmund could think only about “trying to shovel down as much Turkish Delight as he could, and the more he ate the more he wanted.”

Each of us has a vulnerability like Edmund’s that Satan is eager to exploit. It may be something addictive like drugs or alcohol, or it may be something seemingly harmless and perhaps even good like food, friendship, or work.

After His resurrection, Jesus asked Peter this personal and probing question: “Do you love Me more than these?” (John 21:15). Many have speculated as to what Jesus meant by the word “these,” but it’s probably better that we don’t know. It allows each of us to personalize the question and ask ourselves, “What do I love more than Jesus?”

When Satan finds out what we love more than God, he knows how to manipulate us. But he loses his power over us when we delight in the Lord. — Julie Ackerman Link

I love Thee, because Thou hast first loved me,
And purchased my pardon on Calvary’s tree;
I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now. —Featherstone

God takes delight in us—how can we help but delight in Him?
Old 02-07-2009, 05:21 PM
alang is hating tendonitis!!!
Rookie

Cory - thanks for the continued effort - daily inspiration for me.