Female weight loss and loose skin - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Old 12-29-2007, 10:24 AM
Henry20 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Female weight loss and loose skin

Hi

I have been lurking here for a few months now, but now I need help or rather my wife does. She needs to lose a lot of weight. Something like 300 lbs. Now I saw this Video and I know that there must be a better, more scientific way of doing this. Is there a way to minimise loose skin after weight loss eg: not losing lean bodymass and keeping hydration at an optimum level - to prevent loss of elasticity of the skin etc.

We are envisaging a two year project to turn her into a babe.

Any sound advice will be appreciated guys.

Thanks

Henry
Old 01-04-2008, 05:34 AM
doodletail should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Re: Female weight loss and loose skin

Hi Henry. This post of yours is a bit old, but just in case you are out there....

1. 300lbs in 2 years is a LOT to expect from skin. Skin is an ORGAN so it can't just "shrink" overnight. Slower is better is the main rule. The medical community is in complete disagreement over how or if you can reduce the side effects of rapid weight loss. But here's some of what I've read/practiced over the years.

2. Hydration is key. Also, would recommend fish oil capsules, good fats like olives and nuts.

3. Age and elasticity of the skin are also key factors. I would recommend a visit to a dermatologist from day one to seek professional advice based upon your wife's unique makeup. Antioxidants, bioflavanoids to help with free radical release during exercise as supposed to help skin quality.

4. Other options to explore include 'wellness" centers that utilize bioidentical hormones (if your wife is perimenopausal or in menopause) as those whack out the hormone level in the body and can contribute to the slowdown of collagen production.

5. Nanotechnology - peptides. I would check with Dr. Perricone's website to see if they can advise you further. His product line is very expensive, but his programs and products are pretty darn good.

Hope that gives you some new options to consider. I don't believe there is 'one' answer. I just know what worked for me and that was averaging no more than 1-2 lbs a week...K
Old 01-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Henry20 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Thanks for the reply. Could you perhaps email me at oomhenry@gmail.com.

Thanks
Old 01-09-2008, 05:41 PM
doodletail should change his/her status!
Stranger

Henry, why don't you have your wife come on the site? I'd be happy to help her in any way I can.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:44 PM
ALLNO should change his/her status!

I suggest dry body brushing and brown sugar scrubs. Purchase a body brush and brush every morning before your shower. At least once a week, soak in a warm, not hot, bath for 30 min. Drain the tub and make a paste with brown sugar and olive oil. Cold shower afterwards.

Ice baths are also good for firming the skin. Sit in a bath with tepid water and add ice a little at a time. Soak for 15 min.