ABC Fight Corner - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Old 01-22-2009, 12:38 AM
miker44 is pumped
Light-Heavyweight

all things considered mark coleman is a pretty big beast for a 44 year old man, you gota give him props for that....definitely doesnt bode well for shogun that coleman was basically able to fall into him and take him down a bunch of times, and by the time shogun knocked him out, coleman looked like he was hammered drunk the way he was staggering around the ring.......i got GSP over Penn by the way
Old 01-22-2009, 03:09 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post
i am also picking BJ Penn...i think it's going to be great to see a man with 2 belts...i'm also picking Fedor over Arlovski in the Affliction card this weekend.
Yeah I'm going with Fedor as well, though I do think Arlovski will last longer with him than Sylvia did.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:14 AM
Trench is is on a mission!
Light-Heavyweight

Fedor will murder the Pitbull. Fedor is a beast.

Im sticking with my island roots and going with BJ. The guy has fought in 4 weight classes and only lost once by TKO to Matt Hughes and has never been submitted.

GSP is a sick fighter but BJ is going to stick and move. I believe BJ's jab is going to be key to this win. Honestly, I give BJ the edge in boxing and standup and the edge to GSP on takedowns.

Thats exactly how GSP won their last matchup. The takedowns. Otherwise BJ dominated the standup game and beat the daylights out of him sending him to the hospital afterwards too.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:23 AM
fightbackhxc21 is the best part of waking up, is protein in your cup!
Middleweight

well i mean lets hope BJ Penn's endurance is up. Hes been known to slack on that sometimes. Im gonna say GSP, however id like to see Penn take him. GSP needs to feel the loss.

www.biolayne.com
http://www.scivation.com/forums/show...6536#post26536

www.c28.com
Old 01-22-2009, 05:50 AM
Ordo Ab Chao is SHEIKO
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightbackhxc21 View Post
well i mean lets hope BJ Penn's endurance is up. Hes been known to slack on that sometimes. Im gonna say GSP, however id like to see Penn take him. GSP needs to feel the loss.
this has always been his issue. there is little doubt he is the best fighter in that weight class. You just never really know if he is going to show up conditioned or not. Thats what lost him the last fight, he gassed trying to pull off that sub and had nothing left in the tank to finish the fight. Hopefully losing last time to GSP, when he should have won, is motivation enough for him to show up in shape
Old 01-22-2009, 01:14 PM
maverickBU is kinda famous
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo Ab Chao View Post
this has always been his issue. there is little doubt he is the best fighter in that weight class. You just never really know if he is going to show up conditioned or not. Thats what lost him the last fight, he gassed trying to pull off that sub and had nothing left in the tank to finish the fight. Hopefully losing last time to GSP, when he should have won, is motivation enough for him to show up in shape

He lost his last fight because he had separated his ribs affecting his breathing and ability to move, not due to poor conditioning. BJ's conditioning has become less and less of an issue since his return to the octagon.
http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/B.J.-Penn...tt-Hughes.html

And BJ's standup better then GSP's, that a joke! He outjabbed Sherk (whose got terrible standup) in one fight and you think he's got better standup?! GSP has far more depth and power in his standup game than BJ. I've never even seen BJ throw a switch head kick, yet GSP uses it like a jab. Admittedly, both of them use their striking just to set up takedowns, but to say BJ's is better is crazy.

23-8 in the ABC Fight Corner
Old 01-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Ordo Ab Chao is SHEIKO
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickBU View Post
He lost his last fight because he had separated his ribs affecting his breathing and ability to move, not due to poor conditioning. BJ's conditioning has become less and less of an issue since his return to the octagon.
http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/B.J.-Penn...tt-Hughes.html

And BJ's standup better then GSP's, that a joke! He outjabbed Sherk (whose got terrible standup) in one fight and you think he's got better standup?! GSP has far more depth and power in his standup game than BJ. I've never even seen BJ throw a switch head kick, yet GSP uses it like a jab. Admittedly, both of them use their striking just to set up takedowns, but to say BJ's is better is crazy.
I never said he was a better striker, just a better fighter. Yeah he's not known for his standup, but he can stand and exchange. Just look at hidehiko yoshida. Do you think he, being a olympic judo medalist, would have any standup? No, but the guy was fearless on his feet and exchanged with the best of them. Penn's no different, his strengths are his takedown defense and groundgame, but I'm not worried at all about him on his feet.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:26 AM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

Fedor KO's Arlovski

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 01-25-2009, 08:51 AM
Trench is is on a mission!
Light-Heavyweight

Fedor actually looked flatfooted in this fight. Arlovski got ****y and went for that flying knee.. Boom... lights out. I mean, LIGHTS OUT!
Old 01-25-2009, 01:59 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

i think both fighters were showing a lot of respect to each other...i think Fedor knew that Arlovski was a solid opponent and was trying to get his timing down with those quick strikes he was throwing...then as soon as he made one mistake, Fedor showed why he is the greatest

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity