The Journey of a pHD bodybuilder - Train, Eat, and Think like a Pro! - Page 52 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 01-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Yeah, that is about right. But honestly, that is more like a minimum. On heavy days, you take as long as you need to get the job done - it's more mental than anything.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:38 PM

Back hyper, forearms heavy. Did 3-4 sets per exercise, <1 min rest between sets, 8-12 reps per set. Lots of variety here. I find that works best on my back. As you recall, I don't hit my lower back or serratus on these days; I do that on my "core" day. I also mostly do deloading exercises on my lower back (i.e. lat pull-downs) but still some like bent over rows which I feel are essential.

Stop and go bent over rows 135 10, 155, 10, 175 10
Close grip lat pull-downs 185 10, 175 10, 155 12
Row to chest on a pull-down machine 3 sets forget what wait I did
One arm dumbbell rows w/ 80s. Basically went I go you go between my two arms.
Dumbbell deads 100 10, 120 10, 130 10
Unilateral lat pull-down machine 3 plates aside 2 *10, hold stretch 30 seconds after; 2 +25 aside same; 2 plates same thing
I felt I needed to finish off my middle back, so I did venom rows, some single dumbbell shrugs, and then grabed a plate and did rows w/ that, similar ROM as venom rows

Then 30 mins low intensity cardio and stretching at end.

Great workout.

Back home, back in lab, time to get back to work...
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:46 PM

Things are going well with my program. I just got back from cali sunday, and got to admit, things have been brutal for my body/mind. Got straight back into my research. It's been difficult adapting to lab, the time zone (serious sleep issues!), and still doing 2 a days, plus hard-core dieting. But in two weeks, I will be at my peak for sure. Still, doing great all things considered.

Will start posting my workouts again soon...this Saturday I am doing a leg workout with Layne at our school gym. First time I have been there - he says the leg equipment is awesome, and that no one uses it lol! May add a new dimension to my leg workouts!!!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 01-07-2009, 09:01 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Things are going well with my program. I just got back from cali sunday, and got to admit, things have been brutal for my body/mind. Got straight back into my research. It's been difficult adapting to lab, the time zone (serious sleep issues!), and still doing 2 a days, plus hard-core dieting. But in two weeks, I will be at my peak for sure. Still, doing great all things considered.

Will start posting my workouts again soon...this Saturday I am doing a leg workout with Layne at our school gym. First time I have been there - he says the leg equipment is awesome, and that no one uses it lol! May add a new dimension to my leg workouts!!!
heard that man...wish i could come up for that workout...you'll be back in the swing if things soon...keep dominating brotha

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 01-07-2009, 09:15 PM
President Wilson is hard at work
Administrator

Gabe and I brutalized eachother 2 weeks straight! We pushed eachother to the limit, the DOMS was in another zone! But training with Gabe really helped me to put things together. He is so focused on the gym and so precise, almost like a sergin. Its uncanny! This cut Gabe is on is going to be scary. I cannot believe how much leaner he looked. Really motivated me! Expect HUGE things from Gabe in 2009! Nothing is going to stop the man!

About me --> http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/presidentprofile.html
Old 01-07-2009, 09:26 PM

Yeah that is the other thing. We basically killed each other and left home dead lol.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 01-08-2009, 05:07 PM

After seeing J's video I was very inspired. Also saw Layne dead lift 600 the other day which was incredible!!!!

I have to delay my heavy day on deads by 2 days, so I wanted to do some today to maintain my form, adaptations, etc. But I needed a challenge, so I decided to do 315 *20...light weight baby!!! Killed it. It was an awesome feeling. I got a huge pump in my lower back and glutes.

Then I tuned up my legs. I was supposed to get a hard-core hypertrophy workout today on thighs; but since I am going to do that on Saturday, I went lighter, and just stimulated the muscle. Lot of isolation movements really short rest, stretches, etc. It was a very effective workout. Same thing for calves.

Going to do some arms hypertrophy tonight!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 01-08-2009, 05:15 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
After seeing J's video I was very inspired. Also saw Layne dead lift 600 the other day which was incredible!!!!

I have to delay my heavy day on deads by 2 days, so I wanted to do some today to maintain my form, adaptations, etc. But I needed a challenge, so I decided to do 315 *20...light weight baby!!! Killed it. It was an awesome feeling. I got a huge pump in my lower back and glutes.

Then I tuned up my legs. I was supposed to get a hard-core hypertrophy workout today on thighs; but since I am going to do that on Saturday, I went lighter, and just stimulated the muscle. Lot of isolation movements really short rest, stretches, etc. It was a very effective workout. Same thing for calves.

Going to do some arms hypertrophy tonight!
315 x 20...HEARD THAT brotha...nice work Gabe...it's not an easy task...you keep separating yourself from the rest

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 01-08-2009, 05:27 PM

Thanks!!

In the back of my mind, a goal I have is 315 * 20 on squats...I have to admit, I have a bit of trepidation. 20 rep squats are the most painful thing ever...got to get really meant strong before attempt...
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Old 01-09-2009, 08:42 PM

I have 500 lbs on deads ingrained on my mind...I keep envisioning myself doing this. It would - it WILL - be my greatest lifting accomplishment, yet...so pumped.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies