Doing it right! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 01-07-2009, 11:07 AM
s0rtd should change his/her status!

Default Doing it right!

Hey guys!
I have been training on and off for the last 5 years, Im 27 now and havent trained true bodybuilding style for atleast 2 years. I would like to get back into it.
For the past 2 years I have been concentrating on kettlebells, and made good gains in weight gain and strength, I am 71kg, 5'6" or 7" and can millitary press a 24kg bell overhead with ease, and have no problem snatching the same weight.
Problem is, whilst i enjoy the kettlebells I just dont have the same body I used to about 3 years ago... abs sticking out... and good definition all round.
I had trained with a PT for about 2 years.
I will take some photos for you guys at the beginning of this journal
the goals and my own critique:
I am reasonably happy with my weight, however I am carrying a little too much fat.... hence the abs dont show too well. I would be very happy with 75kg and a six pack.
I have lagging chest muscles... why couldnt it have been legs...
I am pretty sure I have a high number of type 1 muscle fibres... I have always been good at long distance running and my father was a marathon runner.
My metabolism is fairly standard.. I dont junk but, I also dont put on weight to easily... even with all the cheese I eat.
Like I said before, my are quite solid, I can easily pump out 5-6 sets of 5 rep deadlifts @ 100kg with a rest of 30 seconds or so between sets
being that I am fairly good at long distance endurance type running, I dont have very broad shoulders... however the kettlebells have worked wonders with these.

As you can tell from above Im not out of shape but it can always be better, and if we didn't have goals I'm sure we would all have given up by now.
Please could you guys with all your knowledge help me do it right!
currently I havent any workout routine/plan going forward only the above goals and the knowledge of good form and how to perform the excercise at hand. I have some general idea of techniques but have difficulty putting it all together so that I avoid plateus. My diet I have good control over but am also a bit lazy at the same time since I only cook for myself.
I forgot to mention that I have a desk job.

my current diet day in and day ous is as follows:
breakfast:
1 banana
glass of fruit juice
30 minutes later - a few handfuls of raw almonds

morning tea:
1 yoghurt...

lunch:
3 toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches

afternoon tea:
1 item of fruit
a few handfuls of raw macadamias

dinner:
1 carrot
1 zhuchini
4 bits of brocoli
some beans or pumpkin
either 100g of salmon or tuna
or some steak, ground beef or sausage (sometimes more than 100g)
and approx 2 tablespoons of olive oil... sometime I add cheese

I do have the odd pizza from time to time usually once a week only on the thin base though

I drink approx 3-4 litres of water per day

Where should I start? could you please recommend a routine with ideas of where to take it next and when.
I will purchase some whey protein, but I think it will be difficult to source maltodextrin up here.
I will also keep with the vitamin C that I already take.

My main problem is with the workouts, oh I almost forgot I will be working out after work at around 17:30
I have read almost everything on this site over the last 2 years and more outside of the site, including example routines etc... I just like to know that I am doing it right...

Below are some photos - I apologise for the bad quality, I never realised how hard it is to take photos of yourself. I was unable to get any pictures of my legs yet.
I appreciate the time anyone takes to help me out!
I will continue this journal over the course of the next year and possibly beyond!

Old 01-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

welcome back to ABC, I will follow along.
looks like you could use some more protein in your diet, especially in the earlier part of your day.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 01-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Link is eating his greens
Light-Heavyweight

Wheres the carbs in your diet??? I wouldnt be able to function with that low of carbs. Enter in your meals into fitday.com and come back with your macros. As far as your training your best route is to stick to the mass program. Or you could tweak it to fit your needs. But I would do a very lean bulk, since you want to gain weight and drop your bf significantly. But I think you need to look over your diet again.

As far as your workout, if your following the 24 mass blitz workout, you should be fine. As long as your form isnt too far from being off, but thats something we can only help with if you have a video.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:40 AM
s0rtd should change his/her status!

Thanks guys! I will be starting with the Mass workout next week, I will also watch the diet closely, of course I will add some more protein into my current diet to start with, protein shake and eggs usually help with that.
On the carbs front, I usually supplement carbs when I am feeling flat. If I feel like that I will add some rice into my dinner meals or some oatmeal in the morning.
I will keep you posted! I definitely need to fill out a bit, especially shoulders and chest!